Living soil & Korean natural farming question

ah, now I understand. I have had several people ask me this and I don't really see where these would be incompatible with each other. While there are both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria and generally the anaerobic class are not beneficial for our gardens, there still are helpful bacteria brought in with KNF. I don't think that I would rely on KNF methods to do everything that we need but I would think that having them being part of the overall population of microbes would be ok.
Regarding fermented fruit juices... this usually produces alcohol as a by product and that would not be beneficial to our soil. Some fruit juices can be useful after fermentation even so, and it is possible to ferment and then apply lactobacillus bacteria to eat up the alcohol. Fermented Plant Extracts (FPE) can be very useful because fermentation releases all of the minerals the plants have been able to accumulate.
Right lovely thank you now I understand
Question not especially to you^^ anyone can suggest me how much of fish meal /bone meal /blod/fish/bone alfalfa I should add per cuft ?

Unless you really trust your online source, seek out the several well known and tested super soil recipes that there out there and pick one that you can get all the components for. People who live on sea coasts will usually favor one of the recipes and interior people might favor another one. The known recipes are there for a reason... their makeup has followed Mulder's rules of interaction and the soil mix actually works to grow plants in. Going too heavy on one element or another can really mess up the resulting soil... this is not an area to be experimented in unless you really know what you are doing. I used Subcool's recipe, which I was able to find in 1/4, 1/2 and even 1/8 recipes, which can be perfect for a small home gardener.

Unless you really trust your online source, seek out the several well known and tested super soil recipes that there out there and pick one that you can get all the components for. People who live on sea coasts will usually favor one of the recipes and interior people might favor another one. The known recipes are there for a reason... their makeup has followed Mulder's rules of interaction and the soil mix actually works to grow plants in. Going too heavy on one element or another can really mess up the resulting soil... this is not an area to be experimented in unless you really know what you are doing. I used Subcool's recipe, which I was able to find in 1/4, 1/2 and even 1/8 recipes, which can be perfect for a small home gardener.
Right thank u very much !

ah, now I understand. I have had several people ask me this and I don't really see where these would be incompatible with each other. While there are both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria and generally the anaerobic class are not beneficial for our gardens, there still are helpful bacteria brought in with KNF. I don't think that I would rely on KNF methods to do everything that we need but I would think that having them being part of the overall population of microbes would be ok.
Regarding fermented fruit juices... this usually produces alcohol as a by product and that would not be beneficial to our soil. Some fruit juices can be useful after fermentation even so, and it is possible to ferment and then apply lactobacillus bacteria to eat up the alcohol. Fermented Plant Extracts (FPE) can be very useful because fermentation releases all of the minerals the plants have been able to accumulate.
Hi I need your help again ...
So in 2 weeks I want introduce worms to my soil mix and I want to keep them there for about 2 months before I will gonna start planting anything in it as yous said I don't got enough wormcasting in it ^^
And the question is after those 2 months I will need add some more perlite or somthing? obviously they will have alot of food in the period of those 2 months
Sorry for my English again :)

adding about 20% perlite would help the soil become loose and easy to grow a weed in... i would mix that in with the other amendments and let it all cook together.
I got (33%perlite 33%peat moss and 33%compost 1 cuft)and only 1L of worm casting +neem fish bone gypsum alfalfa rockdust blood kelp
and to that soil I want introduce around 100 worms and feed them with banana peels eggs apples etc and after those 2 months I should add some more perlite or somthing or leave it at it is ?
Sorry

Verandell,

Dont leave the soil in a bin in the sun. Can leave it in the garage or in the house.

I have a 36 gal tote sits in my kitchen with soil in it and a lid.

SO have we decided on a proper size container yet??

I use these 2 size containers for LOS soil with a similar mix as yours:

4.5gal or 16.5L = about 3 ounces of dried cured and trimmed flowers

7.5gal or 28.3L = anywhere from 4 ounces to 14 ounces of dried trimmed flowers.

Yields of course depend on genetics.

Cooking LOS soil is dependent on your amendments.

Alfalfa is one of the green manures when in a soil mix so when its breaking down (composting) it will get hot (a little bit isn't going to make the whole mix hot tho) but it could pose issues with seedlings. You can wait 2 weeks with the alfalfa in there and you will be fine to plant anything into that mix.

The hard part of this LOS thing is getting your watering down right.

Most everyone I see growing weed in containers are under watering once the plants are past the seedling stage.

My plants drink a gallon of water every day once they are a few weeks into flowering. Thats a lot of water. Of course they are large plants. 1 reason they are large is they get as much water as they want. They have an unlimited supply.

Water is the vehicle by which the nutrients in the soil get into the plant.

Verandell,

Dont leave the soil in a bin in the sun. Can leave it in the garage or in the house.

I have a 36 gal tote sits in my kitchen with soil in it and a lid.

SO have we decided on a proper size container yet??

I use these 2 size containers for LOS soil with a similar mix as yours:

4.5gal or 16.5L = about 3 ounces of dried cured and trimmed flowers

7.5gal or 28.3L = anywhere from 4 ounces to 14 ounces of dried trimmed flowers.

Yields of course depend on genetics.

Cooking LOS soil is dependent on your amendments.

Alfalfa is one of the green manures when in a soil mix so when its breaking down (composting) it will get hot (a little bit isn't going to make the whole mix hot tho) but it could pose issues with seedlings. You can wait 2 weeks with the alfalfa in there and you will be fine to plant anything into that mix.

The hard part of this LOS thing is getting your watering down right.

Most everyone I see growing weed in containers are under watering once the plants are past the seedling stage.

My plants drink a gallon of water every day once they are a few weeks into flowering. Thats a lot of water. Of course they are large plants. 1 reason they are large is they get as much water as they want. They have an unlimited supply.

Water is the vehicle by which the nutrients in the soil get into the plant.
Thanks alot buddy for that nice answer
Yep I think that will be 8gallon pot :D I also bought myself new light 150cob for 2x2 tent so will be powerfull ^^
About watering I heard with organic is not good to underwater and we have to keep our soil all the time moist
Also I introduced around a week ago worms to my soil and clover and I think they love it all are alive ^^
1 more question how often u watering u cooking soil mix in the kitchen? ^^ I am doing that roughly every 5 days

I don't really water it per se. I just keep a lid on it and it stays moist. I might add a cup of water 1x a week maybe less. With a lid, the soil stays evenly moist. I'm in there a lot tho. Transplanting and up=potting, my soil is in constant rotation.

Clover is good stuff. You can grow it along with your cannabis plants, once the cannabis gets a canopy going the clover will die back. IF you have a large enough container - it will come back after harvest, its a perennial.

We plant clover in our outdoor gardens. It's a perfect ground cover and bees like it too! Better than having to weed. A lot better.

@Emilya @bobrown14 I got question to u guys I want to do fpj from aloevera.
before I been just watering my plants with it but as I am doing no till I have to do a foliar way right ? If yes how often I should do it ? And can I use it from first day of my plant ?And it should be 1:500 or 1:1000 (before I been watering them and I been doing 1:500)or maybe just better would be to grab a tbsp or aloevera gel mix it with water and just water it instead of use foliar ?
Sorry for loads of questions but I hope u guys will help me ^^

Aloe Gel can be watered in and foiler on.

I use it mixed in with my weekly IPM regime as a foiler/spray on.

Add 1-3 tbs of aloe gel to a gal or 2 of water and spray.

It's a good thing your plants will love you.

The easiest is Aloe Powder.
I use it for foliar and watering until ready to flower.

I have that 200x aloe powder it works great. I like the aloe gel for our consumption better than the powder version.

I get a bottle of 100% gel and also get a container that has aloe mixed with coconut water (pure) from trader joes - I use them both as a foiler weekly mixed in with my IPM regimen. This is good stuff.

We drink both and use for plants too! win win

5525A1D9-4667-8489-4CEC-9DC32F35EB21-4910.jpg

I have that 200x aloe powder it works great. I like the aloe gel for our consumption better than the powder version.

I get a bottle of 100% gel and also get a container that has aloe mixed with coconut water (pure) from trader joes - I use them both as a foiler weekly mixed in with my IPM regimen. This is good stuff.

We drink both and use for plants too! win win

5525A1D9-4667-8489-4CEC-9DC32F35EB21-4910.jpg
How u dose the powder ? And what about fermented plant juice and fermented fruit juice are u using it aswell ? :)

I haven't used the powder for quite some time. Ever since I found the drink I pointed to earlier. It tastes great and the plants love it.

So that's what I use.

Quoted from BAS website - they sell the 200x powder:

"Notes:

1/2 Teaspoon of this particular Aloe Powder weighs just over 1 Gram.

That means that 1/2 teaspoon is good to use for 4-5 gallons of water.

If you are mixing less, than just use less. I would use 1/8 teaspoon for 1 gallon of water.

Don't be scared if you use a little too much, it won't hurt, it will just be a slight waste."

Back
Top Bottom