LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Flowering- Mode
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (13", 43DLI)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - Speed 1
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural (Mimics natural wind)
- AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 62% RH, Speed 5, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 66% RH, Speed 6, default off

Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Vegetative- Mode
- AeroLight SE - A compact, powerful version of the award winning AeroLight
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:40%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 - Natural

** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Gina (FastBuds Gelato Auto)
Date: 4/27/23 Day# 63
Medium - 5 gallon SIP bucket with FFHF soil
Nutrients - Remo Flower Week# 5​

Gina is drinking 1.5-2 liters of Remo nutrients every day and putting it all into her buds! She's really getting some chunky and frosty colas! And it's a wonderful smell going down the basement stairs. Very sweet smelling with just a little skunk. She's only on day# 31 or flower so I may have another 100 day auto on my hands. No problem here, I'm in no hurry ;)

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Good morning Lukey boy!

Tent is brimming with goodness. In summer I’m all about the salad! Tbh I’m all about the salad in winter too lol.

🥗😍🥗🥰🥗😍
Thanks T. We had the salad tent giving us fresh lettuce all winter. We only ended up getting four tomatoes, though, so they're going outside from now on.

From ugly ducklings grow beautiful swans! I'm so glad I told you to keep that plant. ;)
Thanks Shed. It was more of a group decision, but I sure am glad now too.
Thanks for another great post on the cool features in the app
Thanks Shed. I finally got pictures added to the app for all of my plants. What a bunch of babies...
Screenshot_20230501_093435_VIVOSUN.jpg

and of course congrats on adding the new baby DsDa to your ever growing collection!
:green_heart:
Thanks. My son grew one of the Dos Si Dos Autos about a year ago and we all loved it. We're looking forward to getting it back in rotation.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -Vegetative- Mode
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (13", 43DLI)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - Speed 1
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural (Mimics natural wind)
- AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 62% RH, Speed 5, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 82F / 66% RH, Speed 6, default off

Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -Vegetative- Mode
- AeroLight SE - A compact, powerful version of the award winning AeroLight
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:40%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 - Natural

** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Daisy (Barneys Farms Dos Si Dos Auto)
Date: 5/1/23 Day# 8
Medium - 4" pot with FFHF soil
Nutrients - N/A​

Daisy got an early full watering on day# 6. She's weighs less than usual, perhaps I used more perlite this time? I reset the low and high weight on my spreadsheet after that. She' drinking steady, though, and hasn't seemed to mind. I'm going to let her go nice and dry before her next full watering in a day or two to get a good dry weight. I'm guessing < 150g.

Daisy is still sharing the right side of the Vivosun Auto Oasis but she doesn't mind yet. Coming into her second week she still looks pretty small. She hasn't gotten much taller, but that first node is shooting out. Best of all she looks healthy. As her roots and leaf surface area increase her growth will speed up. It's hard to believe in another 10 days she'll be ready for a topping and uppot :)

Gina (FastBuds Gelato Auto)
Date: 5/1/23 Day# 68 (Fday# 35)
Medium - 5 gallon SIP bucket with FFHF soil
Nutrients - Remo Flower Week# 5​

Gina is still drinking 1.5L/day of full-strength nutrients and she's still looking healthy and happy, aside from the few wonky leaves. I have the @VIVOSUN AeroLight on flower spectrum 100% about 13" away providing >45DLI to the canopy. The @VIVOSUN SGS is set to 66%RH day & 62% RH night. That's a good all-around VPD for the tent, but as Gina's buds get thicker I worry about too much moisture. I have lots of airflow in the tent, including the @VIVOSUN AeroLight E6 oscillating across Gina's canopy on natural wind mode.

Even so, I've scheduled the Vivosun Auto Oasis to change to FLOWER mode in two weeks (May 15), day# 82 and flower day# 49 for Gina. This will change the maximum RH in the tent to 62% day and 58% night. This should be fine through the end, assuming her buds don't get too much bigger :)

And they are getting bigger. Some of her buds still have all white pistils. Others have more orange pistils and a hint of purple in the bud. She's so beautiful already, I'm excited to see how she ripens.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

My Basement Sink

When I started first looking into growing indoors, I realized two things. First is that my basement, if dehumidified, was nearly the perfect environment for growing. The second is that there is no way I'm carrying buckets of water up and down the stairs!

At the time, I had my well water pumping into the pressurization tank. It then went to the rest of the house. There was a drain valve on the pressurization tank, but not a great solution for a sink in the basement. The other problem at the time was that our well water had quite a bit of sediment. I had to change sink filters every month or two it was so bad.

So before purchasing any equipment, my first growing expense was a plumber. First I had a 40 micron whole house spin down sediment filter installed. It's 'self flushing', but I still need to take it apart every other month to clean the mud off of it. I can't believe how much sediment that thing collects. It flushes weekly into the 'sink' below it.

After going through the spin down filter, the water goes into a two stage 20x4.5" 5 micron sediment/carbon filter. It's been about 18 months and I haven't had to change these yet. I do have spares, though, for when it's needed.

The water then goes to the rest of the house. Oh, I had the plumber put in a valve right after the filters so I can 'flush' it if needed. This was the plan all along, a filtered water spigot right where I'm growing.

Then I just needed a 'sink'. For this I used the largest tote I had laying around, along with a 1hp sump pump I had previously used to cool beer when brewing. The pump just gave out last week and I got a new one for about $60, well worth it. The pump has a float switch built-in and, with a couple of zip ties, it can be attached to come on when the tote gets about 3/4 full. The pump will drain the sink until it's mostly empty, then the float switch will turn it back off. The pump is attached to a garden hose and goes to a drain outside. I flush the 'sink' and put a little bit of bleach in every month to keep it from growing anything. And, just in case, I have a Govee water sensor right under the sink that will let me know if anything goes too wrong.

I found an old kiddie table that fit over top of the sink almost perfectly. This holds my old 20G brewing kettle, now used to bubble water or nutrients. I have a power strip attached to the back-left lewg of the table and an air-pump to bubble water & nutrients. I have a short 5" metal hose attached to the spigot going into a splitter on the side of the kettle. One side goes into the fill tube on the kettle, and the other side goes into a 25ft flexible hose. I have a hook on the ceiling used to attach the hose so it dangles right above the sink. The hose can also reach a bucket on the table right next to the RDWC res. I can fill the bucket, mix nutes, and then drain it into the res without lifting any water :) Of course, the hose easily detaches from the hook and will reach all of the buckets in the RDWC for when they need to be cleaned.

I cannot imagine growing in the basement without my sink. I knew I'd need it to get water for the plants and to empty old nutrients. I wasn't even thinking about washing/rinsing things off, flushing buckets, flushing plants, and everything else I use the hose for. Not to mention being able to auto-flush the spin down filter and have a large dehumidifier running 24/7 draining into the sink, which keeps me from manually emptying it every day. I doubt I'd still be growing if I had to carry water up and down stairs all the time. Now I can be lazy and still run a 45G RDWC :)

I got you on carrying buckets of water. :cheesygrinsmiley: My first attempt at hydro involved a bit of bucket carrying. :rolleyes:
Solution for me was to install deepsink and use a mobile water pump and hose to the deepsink. Drop the pump in the reservoir to drain straight to the deepsink. I hardly ever spill water anymore.:bong:

Totes vibing the Nutty Professor there Cool Hand Luke!
Thanks T. I love using junk around the house for new purposes, it makes me feel like less of a hoarder ;)

I got you on carrying buckets of water. :cheesygrinsmiley: My first attempt at hydro involved a bit of bucket carrying. :rolleyes:
Solution for me was to install deepsink and use a mobile water pump and hose to the deepsink. Drop the pump in the reservoir to drain straight to the deepsink. I hardly ever spill water anymore.:bong:
Now you just need a way to quit emptying that dehumidifier twice a day. It sure is nice having that drain so that I never have to worry about emptying it, just saying ;)

My Basement Sink

When I started first looking into growing indoors, I realized two things. First is that my basement, if dehumidified, was nearly the perfect environment for growing. The second is that there is no way I'm carrying buckets of water up and down the stairs!

At the time, I had my well water pumping into the pressurization tank. It then went to the rest of the house. There was a drain valve on the pressurization tank, but not a great solution for a sink in the basement. The other problem at the time was that our well water had quite a bit of sediment. I had to change sink filters every month or two it was so bad.

So before purchasing any equipment, my first growing expense was a plumber. First I had a 40 micron whole house spin down sediment filter installed. It's 'self flushing', but I still need to take it apart every other month to clean the mud off of it. I can't believe how much sediment that thing collects. It flushes weekly into the 'sink' below it.

After going through the spin down filter, the water goes into a two stage 20x4.5" 5 micron sediment/carbon filter. It's been about 18 months and I haven't had to change these yet. I do have spares, though, for when it's needed.

The water then goes to the rest of the house. Oh, I had the plumber put in a valve right after the filters so I can 'flush' it if needed. This was the plan all along, a filtered water spigot right where I'm growing.

Then I just needed a 'sink'. For this I used the largest tote I had laying around, along with a 1hp sump pump I had previously used to cool beer when brewing. The pump just gave out last week and I got a new one for about $60, well worth it. The pump has a float switch built-in and, with a couple of zip ties, it can be attached to come on when the tote gets about 3/4 full. The pump will drain the sink until it's mostly empty, then the float switch will turn it back off. The pump is attached to a garden hose and goes to a drain outside. I flush the 'sink' and put a little bit of bleach in every month to keep it from growing anything. And, just in case, I have a Govee water sensor right under the sink that will let me know if anything goes too wrong.

I found an old kiddie table that fit over top of the sink almost perfectly. This holds my old 20G brewing kettle, now used to bubble water or nutrients. I have a power strip attached to the back-left lewg of the table and an air-pump to bubble water & nutrients. I have a short 5" metal hose attached to the spigot going into a splitter on the side of the kettle. One side goes into the fill tube on the kettle, and the other side goes into a 25ft flexible hose. I have a hook on the ceiling used to attach the hose so it dangles right above the sink. The hose can also reach a bucket on the table right next to the RDWC res. I can fill the bucket, mix nutes, and then drain it into the res without lifting any water :) Of course, the hose easily detaches from the hook and will reach all of the buckets in the RDWC for when they need to be cleaned.

I cannot imagine growing in the basement without my sink. I knew I'd need it to get water for the plants and to empty old nutrients. I wasn't even thinking about washing/rinsing things off, flushing buckets, flushing plants, and everything else I use the hose for. Not to mention being able to auto-flush the spin down filter and have a large dehumidifier running 24/7 draining into the sink, which keeps me from manually emptying it every day. I doubt I'd still be growing if I had to carry water up and down stairs all the time. Now I can be lazy and still run a 45G RDWC :)
That’s some serious work for a sink 🤔. I thought about putting the tent in the basement but after @Bill284s thread about fire 🔥 I thought better of it. CL🍀

I shake nutrients in a 1 gallon milk jug that i fill from the garden hose... Got me feeling like a caveman over here.
I do the same thing for my veggies, mixing MC in a 1G jug with the hose. That just doesn't cut it when you're draining and filling a 45G RDWC, though ;)

I shake nutrients in a 1 gallon milk jug that i fill from the garden hose... Got me feeling like a caveman over here.
I gallon vegetable oil bottles for me, Rhino! Grunt, grunt. :)

That’s some serious work for a sink 🤔. I thought about putting the tent in the basement but after @Bill284s thread about fire 🔥 I thought better of it. CL🍀
Thanks CL. I read Bill's post when I started growing too, which is why I have:

- A smoke detector installed in the middle of the grow room. All tent cameras are set up to 'recognize' the smoke alarm and send an alert to my phone
- 4 x Automatic fire extinguisher balls, one installed in/above each tent and one in the middle of the room
- 10lb fire extinguisher at the top of the basement stairs, along with 2x fire blankets
- Fire escape ladder in all bedrooms (we've always had these)

Knock on wood it's never been an issue, but you can never be too prepared. The basement is the best place in the house to grow, though, for the temperatures.

Now, I've used the Govee water sensors a few times, including last night when it saved me from flooding the basement. I was filling my big tank, got to doing something else, then went upstairs and forgot. A few minutes later my wife said "is that the water sensor alarm" at the same time my phone started vibrating and I realized immediately what had happened. I ran down and shut the water off. A little shop-vaccing and a few towels and it was cleaned up in 5 minutes. Without that water alarm, though, by the next morning I'd have tents floating around in my basement and my well would have been dry.

I gallon vegetable oil bottles for me, Rhino! Grunt, grunt. :)
I've really enjoy mixing the @Remo Nutrients up 5G at a time to feed the SIP. I just used up the last batch 10 days after mixing it. It'll be two days until the res goes dry, then two more days of plain water (mini flush), then I'll mix up the next 5G batch. So two weeks between mixing nutrients!

Of course, from here out the Remo is only 5 bottles at 10mg/G each. So 50mg of each for 5G nutes, it takes about 5 minutes to mix them up. Did I mention that I like easy?

Back
Top Bottom