LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

Omggggg!

Sorry I’m late! I couldn’t fit through your front door. There might be some slight damage to your side wall getting me in. I’ll fix it I promise.

I’ll just sit in the corner. You won’t even know I’m here…

420501C3-745B-43EE-8CFA-C22680CB4E2C.jpeg

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

VIVOSUN GrowHub 42A ** Currently set to -FLOWER- Mode
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5", 46.3DLI, 646PPFD, 36k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 - 100%
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural (Mimics natural wind)
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 76F / 58% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 80F / 62% RH, default off

Vivosun AeroLight SE with GrowHub E25 ** Currently set to -SEEDLING- Mode
- AeroLight SE - A compact, powerful version of the award winning AeroLight
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (36", 10k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 - Speed 1

** All controlled through the VIVOSUN App

Other Equipment
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - The safest and best grow tent fan on the market!
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillates horizontally and vertically. 'Natural Breeze' mode.
Vivosun Heat Mat with Controller - For germinating seeds and occasionally adding root zone heat, currently set to 78f

Gina (FastBuds Gelato Auto)
Date: 2/25/23 Day# 3
Medium - 4" pot with FFHF
Nutrients - Geoflora Veg & Dynomyco
Other: Vivosun heat mat set to 76f

Saturday Gina got her own 4" pot. It's filled with FFHF soil amended with 1tsp @GeoFlora Nutrients and 1/4tsp @DYNOMYCO . She had a nice long taproot and a couple of lateral roots in the plug, which I coated with Dynomyco before planting. I then made a perlite moat around the outside top of the cup for watering, although now that I think about it she'll probably be mostly bottom-watered. Finally I mounded the dirt around her stem a bit.

I started watering her using my Vivosun sprayer, but the soil was pretty dry. Instead, I decided to bottom-water her. She drank a bit right away, then I left her in the cup while I mixed up some nutes for Gina. When I came back she had drank a bit more. She's at 320g soaking wet.

While I was potting, I went ahead and put the Sandy Skunk monster clone in soil. She seems to be rooted very well in the plug, so she should take off in the same amended soil. She got the same treatment, just fewer pictures.

They both got put back into the Vivosun Auto Oasis at around 15 DLI. I'll probably keep the monster clone here until it starts to reveg, then it will get uppotted and put into the mother tent.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

From what I saw over on the contest thread the Vivosun nutrients will be available in Canada in April.
Thanks Mel, I knew I saw that somewhere.
Go on gina you little beauty!!!
She looks healthy and happy :)
@LKABudMan , thanks for the invite and I'm hooked, line and sinker.
Glad to have you along Gary.
A big:welcome: to your latest autoflower! Looks ready for prime time already. :)
Thanks Shed, she's a cutie!
Thanks for the invite BudMan! I just got back after winter hiatus with no grow. You and that first SGS grow were on my mind all winter and I even turned my friends son onto it (think he got his last month). I remember saying Vivosun needs to do everything to keep you growing with their stuff! So glad to see that they didn't need to hear it from any of us though :cheer: It was amazing to watch the future grow up right there in that thread.
Thanks a lot ANPF, and glad to see you back.
You inspired me so much man! New grow getting setup next month and growing by end of April. Vivosun 4x4 , 4x Aerolight, grow hub, Aerozesh, Aerowave (2x if I can get 'em) all the stuff! Because of you! Also going with SIPs after watching your joy (and lets face it, it looks like they're a perfect for SGS with Autos!).

Grateful for all your work here and looking forward to this new grow so much!
That's awesome man, I'm excited for you. Please tag me when you get started so I can follow along.
Thanks for the tag. Been thinking about doing auto-flower next spring.
Glad you could join Scott. I never though autos would be so much fun.
awesome dude,,,I will be following what your doing my friend your smashing an providing some excellent info,,,cant wait to see what you do with this run,,,,all the best an good luck
Thanks Spab.
Omggggg!

Sorry I’m late! I couldn’t fit through your front door. There might be some slight damage to your side wall getting me in. I’ll fix it I promise.
Not a problem Trala, I'm just glad you could join us.
I’ll just sit in the corner. You won’t even know I’m here…

420501C3-745B-43EE-8CFA-C22680CB4E2C.jpeg
Right.. because you blend right in ;)

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS. Current settings:

- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (12.5", 46.3DLI, 646PPFD, 36k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub

- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (36", 10k LUX)
- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment
Vivosun AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - The safest and best grow tent fan on the market!
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillates horizontally and vertically. 'Natural Breeze' mode.
Vivosun Heat Mat with Controller - For germinating seeds and occasionally adding root zone heat, currently set to 78f

Saturday Gina got her own 4" pot. It's filled with FFHF soil amended with 1tsp @GeoFlora Nutrients and 1/4tsp @DYNOMYCO . She had a nice long taproot and a couple of lateral roots in the plug, which I coated with Dynomyco before planting. I then made a perlite moat around the outside top of the cup for watering, although now that I think about it she'll probably be mostly bottom-watered. Finally I mounded the dirt around her stem a bit.

I started watering her using my Vivosun sprayer, but the soil was pretty dry. Instead, I decided to bottom-water her. She drank a bit right away, then I left her in the cup while I mixed up some nutes for Gina. When I came back she had drank a bit more. She's at 320g soaking wet.

While I was potting, I went ahead and put the Sandy Skunk monster clone in soil. She seems to be rooted very well in the plug, so she should take off in the same amended soil. She got the same treatment, just fewer pictures.

They both got put back into the Vivosun Auto Oasis at around 15 DLI. I'll probably keep the monster clone here until it starts to reveg, then it will get uppotted and put into the mother tent.

That's awesome man, I'm excited for you. Please tag me when you get started so I can follow along.

Thanks Spab.

What kind of nutrients are you using for Gina that start for a seedling? Congratulations btw. CL🍀 :happy-birthday: :Namaste:

What kind of nutrients are you using for Gina that start for a seedling? Congratulations btw. CL🍀 :happy-birthday: :Namaste:
Hey CL, thanks. I have her in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil with 1tsp Geoflora Veg. She doesn't need much nutrients right now, the soil is probably good enough for a week or so. The Geoflora should kick in around when she's ready to be uppotted. It's been working well for the autos so far.

Hey CL, thanks. I have her in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil with 1tsp Geoflora Veg. She doesn't need much nutrients right now, the soil is probably good enough for a week or so. The Geoflora should kick in around when she's ready to be uppotted. It's been working well for the autos so far.
Yeah you confused me a little bit because you said you had in with GeoF. and then you said you mixed up some nutes. But I got it now. Thanks CL🍀

Yeah you confused me a little bit because you said you had in with GeoF. and then you said you mixed up some nutes. But I got it now. Thanks CL🍀
Oh, right. I was mixing up nutes for Emmy, the green crack auto also in the tent. She's going through 1.8L of Remo every day now!

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment

Thanks Spab.

Shes coming along nicely mate good process too do you soak the soil all way through when you uppot?

Shes coming along nicely mate good process too do you soak the soil all way through when you uppot?
Thanks GF. Yes, I soak her thoroughly when I uppot to make sure everything's integrated and there's no dry spots. Then, I get her 'full weight'. She was 320g fully wet.

Should last her a bit then til next watering ayy
In these 4" pots, they'll usually go 4-5 days until I start 'teasing' them with 30ml drinks around the edge. By weighing them I can tell exactly how much they drink every day, since g=ml roughly. I've even built it into my spreadsheet (diff).

Here is how Emmy, my Green Crack Auto, started.
Emmy tracker start.jpg

By tracking the amount of water given daily and the weight, the 'diff' column shows me how much water was consumed for that period. The formula I use for diff:
1677524533262.png

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34", 12k LUX, 15 DLI)
- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 2/27/23 Day# 5

I've been weighing Gina to monitor her water usage and she's really taking off. She's already down to 50% of her original weight.

Usually, this is when I start giving them 30ml around the outside, to tease those top roots to the edge. Well since she's going into a SIP, I'm going to change that up. Tomorrow I will give her up to 50ml from the bottom. I'll weigh her before and after to see how much she 'drinks'. I'll keep giving all her waterings through the bottom in this 4" pot. I'm hoping to better acclimate her roots to the SIP environment.

Gina is looking fantastic for a five day old. Her first true leaves are stretched out wide and she's started working on her second set. The way that tap root was growing in the plug I expect it to be at the bottom of that pot by tomorrow. We'll see how she takes to her first bottom watering.

In these 4" pots, they'll usually go 4-5 days until I start 'teasing' them with 30ml drinks around the edge. By weighing them I can tell exactly how much they drink every day, since g=ml roughly. I've even built it into my spreadsheet (diff).

Here is how Emmy, my Green Crack Auto, started.
Emmy tracker start.jpg

By tracking the amount of water given daily and the weight, the 'diff' column shows me how much water was consumed for that period. The formula I use for diff:
1677524533262.png
The attention to detail is 2-0 brilliant.

I had no idea Vivosun had spreadsheet software! Nice tracking info. :thumb:
Google sheets FTW.
Looks ready for sure.

Between the taproot and the plug it looks close to 4" already! Why not go with a taller pot to give the tap more room to grow down?
I like that the 4" pots are more shallow than a solo cup. The plant seems to pause while the taproot is finding the bottom of the pot. With autos I'm looking for a rootball to uppot as quickly as possible, and the 4" pots speed that up a bit.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (34", 12k LUX, 15 DLI)
- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:

Date: 2/28/23 Day# 6

This morning, 3 days after uppot, Gina was down to 33% of her wet weight. She's drinking about 30ml/day now. Usually I would give her 30-50ml around the edge of the cup to encourage the feeder roots. This time I'll be bottom-watering only, trying to get her better acclimated to the SIP. I didn't want to soak her though, only about 50ml.

I started with 50ml in a measuring cup then put her in the cup. Due to where her holes are and the ridge around the bottom of the measuring cup, there was still 25ml in the cup when she was done. I added another 25ml and she drank that up, still leaving 25ml in the measuring cup. I measured her afterward and she had gained 52g. Now I know that when bottom-watering using this measuring cup, I need to add 25ml more than I want to give her.

Hopefully this keeps a moisture gradient like the SIP and allows her to start working on her water roots right away. She's still looks good, working on her second node.

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Sponsored by VIVOSUN

- Circulation Fan

- Circulation Fan

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Heat Mat with Controller - For germinating seeds and occasionally adding root zone heat, currently set to 76f

Date: 3/2/23 Day# 8

Gina has been bottom-watered twice now. I still haven't given her a full watering, just 40-50ml at a time. I'm letting her dry out today and maybe tomorrow. I'm hoping to get her < 20%, then give her a full bottom watering.

Gina has a few rusty-brown spots on her that don't look great. The only thing I've done different is the bottom watering. Maybe I just need to let her dry out some. I've seen worse so I'm just going to move forward and ignore it for now. She's still growing well so hopefully she grows out of it.

One week in and no apparent growth with the Sandy Skunk clone. She drained her pot (to 192g) and had a full watering, though, so she's still doing something!

Hope you don't mind if I tag along. Super setup as always. I'd like to try an auto this summer but have never grown one so hoping to learn more from you all. I need a doctorate to understand that first page, but I'll catch up.

Hope you don't mind if I tag along. Super setup as always. I'd like to try an auto this summer but have never grown one so hoping to learn more from you all. I need a doctorate to understand that first page, but I'll catch up.
Glad you could join 23, and thanks! Let me know if you have any questions.
I'm sure that clone continues to spit out roots!
I'm sure she does. Did you notice that her lower leaves are getting greener?

Back
Top Bottom