LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC

I hang the whole plant for 10 or until the stems start to snap then put into the turkey bags in bins. By putting them in the bins with buds attached to stems it will help redistribute the moisture of the buds and give it a better cure when it goes into the grove bags. If you go on the grovebag website they have their own method
the reason you put your flower in turkey bags is the reason I recommend using a wood moisture meter , i stick it right in the flower ... and put them in the grove bags at 10% moisture and when they get put into the grove bags the moisture redistributes and curing starts ... 10% is a little lower then they recommend if you watch / listen to the videos etc ..the recommend 11% . The reason i go a tad drier is I'm not sticking every flower with the meter and the after the moisture redistributes throughout the flower the Bag will raise the rh if need be . Ill see if i have an rh meter around here and I will open one of my bags and drop it in and take a pick of what the rh tomorrow will be one month that i have had them bagged .

@LKABudMan I understand wanting to save the bags . I do seal mine with an impulse sealer that i had purchased for mycobags ..I start at the very top and I'm certain i can get at least 5 uses before sealing below the zipper , yes you can seal below the zipper as a distributor had told me . So on the larger 1/4,1/2lb and lb bags looking at it that way you can get a lot of uses out of the bag .

I also agree with you and at most fill mine 3/4 of the way full as its important to have that headspace .

What I do got storage bag and throw 58 humidity bag inside leave for 10 days. But if u got alot I would have to get bigger bag. .
I used to use bovidea paks in jars and i noticed that over a length of time the flower was still moist but the flavor had become affected .... If you haven't tried grove bags I highly recommend you check them out as they aren't just for lbs of flower . they have many sizes .

P.s I now have like 10 gallon jars that I no longer use ..lol

the reason you put your flower in turkey bags is the reason I recommend using a wood moisture meter , i stick it right in the flower ... and put them in the grove bags at 10% moisture and when they get put into the grove bags the moisture redistributes and curing starts ... 10% is a little lower then they recommend if you watch / listen to the videos etc ..the recommend 11% . The reason i go a tad drier is I'm not sticking every flower with the meter and the after the moisture redistributes throughout the flower the Bag will raise the rh if need be . Ill see if i have an rh meter around here and I will open one of my bags and drop it in and take a pick of what the rh tomorrow will be one month that i have had them bagged .

@LKABudMan I understand wanting to save the bags . I do seal mine with an impulse sealer that i had purchased for mycobags ..I start at the very top and I'm certain i can get at least 5 uses before sealing below the zipper , yes you can seal below the zipper as a distributor had told me . So on the larger 1/4,1/2lb and lb bags looking at it that way you can get a lot of uses out of the bag .

I also agree with you and at most fill mine 3/4 of the way full as its important to have that headspace .
yeah I have one of those moisture meters too, that's what I did last time just waited until buds read 11%

I used to use bovidea paks in jars and i noticed that over a length of time the flower was still moist but the flavor had become affected .... If you haven't tried grove bags I highly recommend you check them out as they aren't just for lbs of flower . they have many sizes .

LOL I have about 6 huge mason jars that are just taking up space. The only time I ever use a boveda is if the flower is too dry and needs a little help, but I had bad results using them on freshly dried buds

I have the bags. . Yeah when in jars u got to pop them like twice a day

I have the bags. . Yeah when in jars u got to pop them like twice a day
I'm talking about after the cure ..just leaving the paks in there to keep things stable when opening to pull some goodies out .

I'd like to try Grove bags. Unfortunately I've already invested a small fortune on Mason jars!

I figure even if I liked the Grove bags more, I'd be pissed by the sight of all the empty mason jars that would be sitting around no longer needed. :straightface:

I also keep a baggie of fresh stems in the freezer in case I need to re-moisturize.
Thanks for this Budman! :thanks:

I'd like to try Grove bags. Unfortunately I've already invested a small fortune on Mason jars!

I figure even if I liked the Grove bags more, I'd be pissed by the sight of all the empty mason jars that would be sitting around no longer needed. :straightface:

You should put some veggies in those mason jars and buy some Grove bags. Do you know how to pickle ;)

You should put some veggies in those mason jars and buy some Grove bags. Do you know how to pickle ;)
My diet won't allow me to eat pickled stuff. (In part, due to too many past years of "getting pickled.") :)

You should invest in them as those jars are always going to be there ..im certain you can find something to do with them like umm growing mushrooms . :)

You should invest in them as those jars are always going to be there ..im certain you can find something to do with them like umm growing mushrooms . :)
Hadn't thought of that No Pain! :)

Im a bit late, but caught up.

TY foŕ documenting, I for one like a detailed account. Often a question pops up in my mind, read further, answered.

Good haul LKA, you sure are the budman post harvest.

Perhaps the part I really thought was brilliant about you summary, other than the great pics and thoroughness, was a key technique Ive not seen before.

Airstones! Honestly it just makes so much sense in a wash, especially with the volumes of four mature girls.

Feel a bit silly saying it out loud, but its genius move, and wonder if I would have ever thought it up.

The answer is no, but going forward I will definitely give this a try. To think I make teas, tried a bubble cloner and when I washed didnt even think.

Great grow, greàt harvest. All the best for a smooth hang/cure.

...if I where to go back and repurchase it would be a MODEL LIKE THIS as its very simple and looks just like THIS ONE only at about a 3rd of the cost and I would imagine that its accuracy is the same and the fancier version is just a rebranding .
Thanks again for this suggestion @No Pain I got the WMM you recommended yesterday. A quick check and my buds are still at 14%. I've really just been guessing when they were done drying based on the feel of the buds and the snap of the stems. This is a great tool and really easy to use. Great tip.

Im a bit late, but caught up.

TY foŕ documenting, I for one like a detailed account. Often a question pops up in my mind, read further, answered.

Good haul LKA, you sure are the budman post harvest.

Perhaps the part I really thought was brilliant about you summary, other than the great pics and thoroughness, was a key technique Ive not seen before.

Airstones! Honestly it just makes so much sense in a wash, especially with the volumes of four mature girls.

Feel a bit silly saying it out loud, but its genius move, and wonder if I would have ever thought it up.

The answer is no, but going forward I will definitely give this a try. To think I make teas, tried a bubble cloner and when I washed didnt even think.

Great grow, greàt harvest. All the best for a smooth hang/cure.
Thanks @DV8 truth be told I'm not sure I would have though of the airstones either. I stole that idea from another member here, although I can't remember who. So much great information here, and it always helps to see how someone else does it.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks again for this suggestion @No Pain I got the WMM you recommended yesterday. A quick check and my buds are still at 14%. I've really just been guessing when they were done drying based on the feel of the buds and the snap of the stems. This is a great tool and really easy to use. Great tip.
You re very welcome . I used to do the same thing the snap and how springy the but was . The meter takes things to the next level and puts things in a bit of a different perspective . Before the meter I don't believe i ever went past 10 days drying ..first run with using the meter was 13 /almost 14 days .

Date: 6/29/22 - Day 11 of Drying
Strain - Purple Haze clones x4
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet w/ air purifier/fan & humidifier set to 60%
Closet Temperatures

The temperatures have been a bit high in the closet, but it's summer in Virginia:cool:. I'm glad the A/C is keeping that closet in the mid 60s, and the humidifier's doing a great job of keeping the RH near 60%. The bud's been hanging in the closet for 11 days now. I'd probably be panicking and thinking of taking them out by now. Luckily, I took the advice of @No Pain and got a Wood Moisture Meter. I've been taking readings every day, and they're still at 12%. It was well worth the $25 to make sure they're ready to be bucked and put into the Grove bags. Looks like I have at least another day...

Oh, I got a Father's Day present from my kids that I am dying to try out! I'll save that for the next post, though ;)

Hey BudMan!

Do you think you would have taken them down by now based on their feel if you did not have the WMM?

Back
Top Bottom