What a great idea. :cheer:
So obvious but I never thought of it.
Smart cookie my friend.
Thanks JJ your awesome. :thumb:
Hope your having a good one.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Thanks @Bill284
Just trying to help, and since it worked for me it's probably gonna work for someone else. It's the least I can do for all the help I get on this great site

:420:

I'm having a great one thanks, even more so now. :snowboating:
JJ

What a great idea. :cheer:
So obvious but I never thought of it.
Smart cookie my friend.
Thanks JJ your awesome. :thumb:
Hope your having a good one.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Good idea bro.

Date: 5/6/22 - Day 26 of flower
Strain - Purple Haze photo clones x 4
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 14 Inches away - 55k LUX
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Rhino Skin, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7, Purpinator, Big Bud
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Weekly Temperatures

It's been a little warmer in the basement the last couple of days. The plants love it, but I need to watch my res temps. Of course, I can always throw cold water/ice in the res if I need to :)

Right now I'm still feeding the res every couple of days. It is still slowly creeping up in both ppm & pH. I'll probably just add some acid water at the next feeding and try to get the pH back down to 5.8. That should bring the PPMs down a bit as well.

I knew there was a reason I was putting off the 21-day defoliation ;) These ladies were a mess. Everything was crowded in the middle of the tent and the edges had empty spots. There were a few big buds sticking up and the rest were covered in big fans.

Well, I got in there and really cleaned them up. I also tried to even the canopy and space the buds out. First I had to remove a lot of the big fan leaves to be able to see what I was working with. I worked from both the top and the bottom to create as much space and airflow around the buds as possible. Then I had to carefully move the buds around to space out the clumps and fill in empty spaces. I tucked them into the net when I could and some of the larger buds got tucked sideways.

I had to handle them more than I'd prefer and by the end my hands were super sticky. It ended up taking two evenings but I'm happy with all of the buds that were uncovered. Some of them are lime-green from never seeing the light, but they're out there now! With any luck this is the last time I'll need to get in there and move them around for this grow. Of course, I've underestimated how quickly the vegetation grows in DWC before.

Hope you have a Fantastic Friday! and a great weekend.

You've got her looking "wall-to-wall" now Budman. Good job thinning her out! :Rasta:

It's a rainy Friday here and I love rain. So, yes, I'm having a nice Friday. Hope you are too, brother! :Rasta:
Had a fantastic Friday. My oldest son came over and hung out for a while. Now we have a rainy/stormy weekend and nowhere to go :) No complaints here.

Date: 5/9/22 - Day 29 of flower
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 14 Inches away - 55k LUX
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Rhino Skin, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7, Purpinator, Big Bud
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

I hope everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day weekend. I've barely opened the tent since the last update. I'm still checking on them and feeding them, though. The PPMs are creeping up so I gave them some plain water, but I do think they have some room to go up a little. I'm seeing the pH start to go down now. I've been expecting this to happen later in flower as they consume more K than P. I'll keep feeding them the bloom boosters (Purpinator & Big Bud) and use less pH down for the next couple of feedings. Instead of adding 5.6-5.8pH feed I'll add 6.0-6.2 feed to try to keep the res pH from dropping too quickly.

The light green patch of newly exposed buds in the middle is starting to get a bit darker now. Other than that I'm just watching the flowers grow. I figure at this point the less I open the tent the better. I'll still give them a good inspection weekly and I always end up plucking a couple of leaves when I do ;)

Have a great week!

Date: 5/12/22 - Day 32 of flower
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 12 Inches away - 75k LUX
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan (on ceiling)
Nutrients - Stout MSA, Mega Crop, Hydroguard, z7, Purpinator, Big Bud, Bud Candy
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.1pH)
Weekly Temperatures

The basement has one A/C vent in it, but it also has all of the 1st floor A/C duct work, uninsulated. So even when it gets warm outside it stays 72f or below in the basement. That's keeping the flower tent in the 68-78f range which works great to balance optimal growing temps with optimal res temps. It helps that the buckets are on the basement floor, too, keeping them a bit cooler. The exhaust fan controller is doing it's job of controlling the humidity to keep the VPD around 1.4. I changed it a couple of days ago to max RH of 52% (day) and 48%(night) to raise the VPD a bit coming into the 2nd half of flower.

I'm still feeding these ladies at the 5.5 g/G of MC, along with some bloom boosters (Big Bud & Purpinator). The latest feed measured at 1140 ppm (2.3ec). I've thought about both upping the MC to 6 g/G or adding additional PK (BE), but right now they look so good I don't really want to mess with it. I've seen a few burned tips but even that is rare. At this point I'm going to keep watching them and follow their lead. As long as they aren't showing any deficiencies, I see no reason to raise PPMs from where they are.

I was a little worried about all of the orange pistils in there, but I flash back to how sticky my hands were after the last defol and realize I may have touched them a bit too much. I see a lot of fresh white pistils pushing out so I'm hoping that's all it is. I did have some seeds on my last grow, though, so I'm inspecting the plants really well for any signs of seeds or nanners. So far I've seen neither.

The light is now 12" away, which as as close as I go. Other than inspecting them and taking pictures there's really no reason to open the tent. I'll might pinch a leaf or two if they're covering buds, but for the most part I leave them alone from here on out. It's all up to them now. :cheer:Go ladies GO!:cheer:

I can already feel the weekend coming ;) Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great weekend!
Looking great LK, another serious rainforest of buds in the making!
Thanks @Stunger but I hope there's no rain in there!
That's a lotta' weed, Budman! :Rasta:
It is @Grand Daddy Black but I have a lot of mouths to feed pipes to fill :)

Date: 5/16/22 - Day 36 of flower (W6D1)
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 12 Inches away - 75k LUX
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan (on ceiling)
Nutrients - Stout MSA, Mega Crop, Hydroguard, z7, Purpinator, Big Bud, Bud Candy
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.1pH)

These ladies have been in the RDWC system now for 51 days. I've added 65g of nutes and 9g of water to the 44gallon system, so I've used 168% of the res. I'm a little worried that the res is getting out of balance but the plants are still loving it. I'm adding more water now to try to keep it at or below 1300ppm (2.6ec). Since the pH has started falling, I added straight well water today. My well water is 110ppm of mostly calcium carbonate, so it'll buffer the pH a little. It looks like I'll be alternating between feeding and watering for now.

Well, this is the boring part of the grow. At least, I hope it's the boring part. There's only a couple of things that could make this not boring, and they're all bad:
- Res/feeding problems causing deficiencies
- Hermie / nanners / seeds
- Equipment problems (lights / dehumidifier / etc)
- Dogs break into the tent and run around destroying things (hey, it happens ;)

Fortunately, coming into week 6, everything's looking good. The garden is looking green and lush. Buds are throwing new white pistils and fattening up. The smell is stronger every day. Oh, and they're getting frosty :yummy:

Starting week# 6 of flower now, I'm expecting these to go another 4-6 weeks. I'm just hoping this grow stays nice and boring. Can you believe only two more weeks until Memorial day! It's almost kayak time! Have a fantastic week everyone.

Back
Top Bottom