Date: 2/6/22 Day# 59 of Flower
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 85% 18-24" (35-45k lux)
- Vivosun 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan
- Vivosun GrowHub - Controls the light and exhaust & syncs with Vivosun App
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Well Water & Bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

Cindy was harvested on Sunday, Flower Day# 58. It was a little early but I didn't want to keep letting her throw pollen around. We got 4 hangers of huge buds, along with two trays of larfy buds.

This morning I flushed the RDWC system and filled it with pH'ed well water. I don't believe that you can pull nutrients out of the buds by flushing, or that flushing is required. This res was 30 days old and was pretty dirty. I gave it a good flush and then filled with pH'ed well water. I plan to harvest next weekend, or two weeks at the latest. These ladies have plenty of nutrients in their leaves to sustain them longer than that. And I get to keep the rest of my @Prescription Blend for the next grow ;)

The rest of the Skunks will stay in the tent for now. The @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is at 75%, still plenty of light for them to ripen but less heat and intensity. The RH is in the low 50s/high 40s and there is lots of air movement in there. Perfect conditions for these ladies to finish up.

I tried to move a few buds into the empty spot Cindy left and ended up super-cropping one of the biggest buds in the tent. It's laying on it's side now across the net. After that I decided the leave them alone. The stems in there have been coddled being in the net and really can't hold much weight at all. Much different from the stems when I used LST, those things held up until the very end.

I'll probably get in there sometime this week and remove some lower fans and do a pre-cleaning. I looked at the trics yesterday and wanted to harvest them all, but still see plenty of clear and very little amber. They're not far away, though.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Damn I got here a day late for a terrific harvest. :(

Congratulations on the chop of all that delicious looking bud, and I'm looking forward to you harvesting the rest that plant sometime in the future...don't forget this bit:

20230206_085238.jpg

Looking good mate! Nice chopped colas, love when theres a sense of scale which yours has.
Thanks DV8. She had some big colas, but there are some real monsters left in the tent:yummy:

Damn I got here a day late for a terrific harvest. :(

Congratulations on the chop of all that delicious looking bud, and I'm looking forward to you harvesting the rest that plant sometime in the future...don't forget this bit:

20230206_085238.jpg
Thanks Shed. I left a little larf on her to shade the bucket, and to see what would happen to it. I'll clean her up when I harvest the rest of them.

Thanks DV8. She had some big colas, but there are some real monsters left in the tent:yummy:
awesome job my friend its been amazing following you on this grow,,,,all the detail and info provided on the grow went above an way beyond most journals,,,great attention to detail and so helpful assisting an helping me an others guys out,,,,picked up so much from this grow of yours and it will take my growing to another level now getting to grips with everything and understanding my water etc,,,,learned alot following and this journal should be up for journal of the yr,,,,esp for DWC growers an newbies like myself,,,just have to keep my fingers crossed now that mine can looks summits like yours pmsl,,,,when she gets into late flower so its wait an see game now but I think Ive got it dialed in now,,,,

but great grow awesome journal top guy,,,,,,

Date: 2/6/22 Day# 59 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent

Cindy was harvested on Sunday, Flower Day# 58. It was a little early but I didn't want to keep letting her throw pollen around. We got 4 hangers of huge buds, along with two trays of larfy buds.

This morning I flushed the RDWC system and filled it with pH'ed well water. I don't believe that you can pull nutrients out of the buds by flushing, or that flushing is required. This res was 30 days old and was pretty dirty. I gave it a good flush and then filled with pH'ed well water. I plan to harvest next weekend, or two weeks at the latest. These ladies have plenty of nutrients in their leaves to sustain them longer than that. And I get to keep the rest of my @Prescription Blend for the next grow ;)

The rest of the Skunks will stay in the tent for now. The @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is at 75%, still plenty of light for them to ripen but less heat and intensity. The RH is in the low 50s/high 40s and there is lots of air movement in there. Perfect conditions for these ladies to finish up.

I tried to move a few buds into the empty spot Cindy left and ended up super-cropping one of the biggest buds in the tent. It's laying on it's side now across the net. After that I decided the leave them alone. The stems in there have been coddled being in the net and really can't hold much weight at all. Much different from the stems when I used LST, those things held up until the very end.

I'll probably get in there sometime this week and remove some lower fans and do a pre-cleaning. I looked at the trics yesterday and wanted to harvest them all, but still see plenty of clear and very little amber. They're not far away, though.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
got something grand to look forward to here,,,,,its been great following an growing along side,,,even though im a few wks behind like,,,,but gave me a so much detail an insight its deffo going to improve my grows,,,your assistance as been great,,,,and cant wait to see how mine turns out now,,,,,but awesome grow dude an all the best

awesome job my friend its been amazing following you on this grow,,,,all the detail and info provided on the grow went above an way beyond most journals,,,great attention to detail and so helpful assisting an helping me an others guys out,,,,picked up so much from this grow of yours and it will take my growing to another level now getting to grips with everything and understanding my water etc,,,,learned alot following and this journal should be up for journal of the yr,,,,esp for DWC growers an newbies like myself,,,just have to keep my fingers crossed now that mine can looks summits like yours pmsl,,,,when she gets into late flower so its wait an see game now but I think Ive got it dialed in now,,,,

but great grow awesome journal top guy,,,,,,
Thanks spab. I know I went through a lot of DWC journals when I started, and the ones with lots of details really helped me understand what to expect when I started. Glad I could help.
got something grand to look forward to here,,,,,its been great following an growing along side,,,even though im a few wks behind like,,,,but gave me a so much detail an insight its deffo going to improve my grows,,,your assistance as been great,,,,and cant wait to see how mine turns out now,,,,,but awesome grow dude an all the best
Oh yea, harvesting these big Skunks is going to be fun. Good luck on your grow.

Date: 2/10/22 Day# 63 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent

I haven't added anything to the res since the flush, so it's about 10 gallons low. I checked it today and was surprised to see it at 4.5pH! I guess with no nutrients in the water there is very little to buffer the pH. I added some pH up to get it back in range.

I can tell I'm almost to the end of this grow because I'm getting tired of looking at them ;) The remaining Skunks are feeling the flush, as they start pulling nutrients from their quickly yellowing leaves. The stems are tired and they are starting to lay down.

The buds are all swollen, very few white pistils remain, and the calyx are starting to swallow the pistils. I finally put the filter on last week, so it's hard to judge the smell. It's overwhelming when the tent is open.

Sandy and Speck's trichomes look ready, mostly cloudy with some amber. Suzy looks like she's almost there but still has some clear trics. I'll harvest the other two this weekend, possibly starting tonight. I'll check Suzy again, and if she isn't ready I have no problem waiting another week for her. By then, Cindy will be finished drying and I'll be able to use her hangers ;)

Sandy

Suzy

Speck

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Date: 2/10/22 Day# 63 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent

I haven't added anything to the res since the flush, so it's about 10 gallons low. I checked it today and was surprised to see it at 4.5pH! I guess with no nutrients in the water there is very little to buffer the pH. I added some pH up to get it back in range.

I can tell I'm almost to the end of this grow because I'm getting tired of looking at them ;) The remaining Skunks are feeling the flush, as they start pulling nutrients from their quickly yellowing leaves. The stems are tired and they are starting to lay down.

The buds are all swollen, very few white pistils remain, and the calyx are starting to swallow the pistils. I finally put the filter on last week, so it's hard to judge the smell. It's overwhelming when the tent is open.

Sandy and Speck's trichomes look ready, mostly cloudy with some amber. Suzy looks like she's almost there but still has some clear trics. I'll harvest the other two this weekend, possibly starting tonight. I'll check Suzy again, and if she isn't ready I have no problem waiting another week for her. By then, Cindy will be finished drying and I'll be able to use her hangers ;)

Sandy

Suzy

Speck

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
Some absolute missiles there man fantastic results great job 🤙

They are beautiful. :yummy:
Thanks man. I've really enjoyed this grow, it's been a really smooth. Thanks for the tips on the scrogging. Hope everything is good with you.

Back
Top Bottom