Looks like you've got some big ones coming Budman! :Rasta:

You'll need to somehow leave room for Spec on purpose. I think she's gonna' be late to the party. :)
Thanks GDB.

Oh, Speck will definitely be late to the party. I doubt she'll get her 1/4 of the net. I do think she'll make a few buds to the net before her sisters take over, but we'll see. If not, she may just be a one bud girl :)

OMGGGGGG!

Sorry I’m late!

And since it’s a sponsored grow, I’ll be my most professional self.
Welcome Trala and glad you could make it. By professional does that mean we'll miss the [*Edited by Admin Me due to lewd and inappropriate language*]:rofl: I'm still glad you're here ;)

Welcome Trala and glad you could make it. By professional does that mean we'll miss the [*Edited by Admin Me due to lewd and inappropriate language*]:rofl: I'm still glad you're here ;)
OMG LOLLINGGGGGGG!

Never!

I will not be silenced!!!!!

Date: 11/16/22 Day#24
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 40%
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 6" exhaust fan w/ controller
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
- Small humidifier set to 65%
Nutrients - Stout MSA, Megacrop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)
Weekly Temperatures

Late fall has arrived in Virginia. Last Saturday it was 75f and the A/C was on. Yesterday it was 42f and at nights it's getting down in the 20s. We've always kept the house cool in the winter. Upstairs rarely gets the heat turned on, we just use extra blankets. The main floor has the heat set to 64f. That makes the basement the warmest room in the house. Three tents and the dehumidifier add enough heat to keep it in the low 70's, which is where I try to keep the basement year-round. The plants barely even noticed the seasonal change. I've been keeping the humidifier at 60-65% to keep them around 1.0 VPD. I'll be raising the VPD to the 1.2 range this week to encourage more feeding from the roots. I may even be able to get rid of the humidifier soon!

It's been three weeks and I haven't really added any water to the res, until today I added two gallons this morning with a little nutes and plenty of bennies. I'll continue to top off with nutes and bennies as I add water. They all look green and healthy and the roots loook good so I'm going to try to keep the res right around 5.8pH / 500ppm (1.0 EC) for now.

A little over three weeks into this grow and I really haven't put much effort in so far, but that's about to change. For the first three weeks, my biggest chore has been refilling the humidifier in the tent. For as little as I've done in the last few weeks they are looking fantastic. The @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is at 40% 20 hours/day (4am-12pm). I've played around with Photone and I'm very happy with how even the coverage is around the tent. These girls are growing huge fan leaves and branches that look ready to hold some weight. Everyone is progressing nicely, even Speck. She's still smaller than everyone else but she's gaining quickly.

Those big fan leaves along with fairly tight internodal spacing make it hard to see what's going on with them. Cindy looks like a little cabbage with leaves sticking up everywhere. In the past I've rushed this step, removing fans and trying to get the LST started ASAP. For this grow I'm trying to be patient and wait for the plant to be ready. I'm also trying to remove as little as possible for now. I'll wait for the branches to grow into/above the net then tuck them back under.

This net is not ideal (squares too big), so I may need to use some wire to LST inside the squares. I'll leave the leaves alone for now, tucking them if needed. Hopefully Speck makes it up to the net before her sisters fill it up ;)

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
Poor ole Speck.:rolleyes:
Time to get out the running shoes and put away the slippers. :rofl::morenutes::surf:
Hope your doing well :thumb:
Garden looks great.
Nice update, :welldone:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Poor ole Speck.:rolleyes:
Time to get out the running shoes and put away the slippers. :rofl::morenutes::surf:
Hope your doing well :thumb:
Garden looks great.
Nice update, :welldone:
Take care.

Stay safe
Thanks Bill. Don't worry about Speck, she'll get up there soon ;)
Hope all is well with you. How's the new grow space coming along?

Thanks Bill. Don't worry about Speck, she'll get up there soon ;)
Hope all is well with you. How's the new grow space coming along?
Slow this week, it's freezing out there. :rofl:
Almost ready to drywall.
Coming along thanks.
Hopefully by the end of the month. :thumb:
Take care.

Stay safe

Date: 11/22/22 Day#30
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 50% (20k LUX)
- Small humidifier set to 65%
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221122_143656.jpg

It's been a bit cooler in the basement this week. That's great for the res, even if it's a bit cool for the plants. They're doing well with it, though. I bumped the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 from 40% to 50% today so that will add a little heat in there.

Well, I still haven't put much effort in to this grow, not that I'm complaining. The tent is now keeping 65% humidity without the humidifier, so that's one less thing I need to do ;) On the other side, the res needs topping off every couple of days now. Right now, the PPMs are dropping and the pH is rising, which means they're eating faster than they're drinking. I'll keep topping off with full-strength nutes (5g/G) until they level off.
Screenshot_20221122_143746.jpg

They're all growing well. Everyone was topped at the 5th node, except for Speck who topped herself. Other than that I haven't removed anything.

Speck has finally reached the net! She self-topped so she has two main branches coming out of the netpot. Everyone else was topped at the 5th node and all four lower branches are growing up into the net. Right now I'm just moving anything that grows above the net to the outside. I still haven't removed any leaves so they're all pretty bushy. There's some ugly leaves on there too, a few older leaves and a lot of windburn where the fan's blowing. If they were autos I might worry, but most of that will be removed before flower so it's not an issue.

I bumped the light up to 50% today (20k LUX) and I'll keep slowly increasing up to 40k LUX. They grow quicker as the roots get bigger, so they're really starting to drink and grow now. I'm expecting this next stage, filling out the net, to go quickly. The 4" squares on this net make it difficult but so far they're staying pretty low with just a little tucking to the outside. I may have to start taking a few leaves this week. Otherwise it's going to be impossible to get in there to clean when the time comes to flip them. They way they're growing, that won't be long.

For those in the US, have a great Thanksgiving week and stay medicated (especially around family :rofl: ).

Amazing how absolutely normal Speck looks now! Gives hope to all the runt growers out there. :)
She may not fill 1/4 of the net, but she'll own that back corner!

Date: 11/28/22 Day#36
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 80% (35k LUX)
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221128_105302.jpg

It's still been cool in the basement. I've bumped the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 from 40% gradually up to 80% today. It's adding more heat to the tent every time I bump it up. I'll adjust the exhaust to control the humidity to keep the VPD right around 1.2 for now (using leaf surface temps -2f).

As far as my plants are concerned I disappeared for the last four days. I had a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend with friends and family, including two big dinners and helping my dad harvest his three plants. I did nothing with my plants ;( Luckily, the RDWC is very forgiving. I checked on them this morning and it appears they've hit overdrive. They were down 7+ gallons, PPMs had dropped to 420:cheesygrinsmiley:, and pH was up slightly. I gave them 6 gallons of nutes with some Hydroguard and pH down, and I'll check them again tomorrow.
Screenshot_20221128_102808.jpg

When I say they've gone into overdrive I mean it! The growth in the last week is incredible. So far, this is the easiest LST I've had. I've gone down twice since the last post and just pushed everything to the outside of the net. I did accidentally break Cindy at her main stem a couple of days ago, but I wired it together and taped it up right away. I've been more careful since.

Right now, everyone except Speck has filled up their space and is touching two walls. And even Speck's not far away. There's not much space to fill up on the net.

So tonight they flip to 12/12. I figure I have at least a week of transition and they will definitely fill up the net in the next week. Then I'll install another net about 8" away. I'll use the second net to keep the canopy even and well-spaced. Hopefully, the buds will grow just above the send net so they have some support too.

I still haven't taken off any leaves, but that'll come this week. I'll start thinning out the leaves under the first net as the canopy fills in. These ladies are really growing quickly now, I just hope I can keep up with them!

- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Weekly Temperatures

It's still been cool in the basement. I've bumped the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 from 40% gradually up to 80% today. It's adding more heat to the tent every time I bump it up. I'll adjust the exhaust to control the humidity to keep the VPD right around 1.2 for now (using leaf surface temps -2f).

As far as my plants are concerned I disappeared for the last four days. I had a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend with friends and family, including two big dinners and helping my dad harvest his three plants. I did nothing with my plants ;( Luckily, the RDWC is very forgiving. I checked on them this morning and it appears they've hit overdrive. They were down 7+ gallons, PPMs had dropped to 420:cheesygrinsmiley:, and pH was up slightly. I gave them 6 gallons of nutes with some Hydroguard and pH down, and I'll check them again tomorrow.

When I say they've gone into overdrive I mean it! The growth in the last week is incredible. So far, this is the easiest LST I've had. I've gone down twice since the last post and just pushed everything to the outside of the net. I did accidentally break Cindy at her main stem a couple of days ago, but I wired it together and taped it up right away. I've been more careful since.

Right now, everyone except Speck has filled up their space and is touching two walls. And even Speck's not far away. There's not much space to fill up on the net.

So tonight they flip to 12/12. I figure I have at least a week of transition and they will definitely fill up the net in the next week. Then I'll install another net about 8" away. I'll use the second net to keep the canopy even and well-spaced. Hopefully, the buds will grow just above the send net so they have some support too.

I still haven't taken off any leaves, but that'll come this week. I'll start thinning out the leaves under the first net as the canopy fills in. These ladies are really growing quickly now, I just hope I can keep up with them!

Lookin real.nice budman filling out nicely good work.

Lookin real.nice budman filling out nicely good work.
Thanks GF it's amazing how quickly they grow in DWC once those roots get well established.

Nice budman 👍 Tent is filling in very nicely, and spec is in gear now aint she!
Hope all is well with u and the fam and hope you all had a good holiday!
Thanks Daniel, I had a fantastic holiday with family. Speck is finally starting to fill her corner of the net. She self-topped, so if you peek under those huge fan leaves she has a bunch of buds :)

- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Weekly Temperatures

Good Afternoon Amigo. :ciao:
Garden is Amazing. :yahoo:
Girls are just loving the @VIVOSUN, WOW.
Flower should be fun.
Second net will be full in no time .:cheesygrinsmiley:
Fuzzy Bonnets here we come. :thumb:
Hope your doing well.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow

Good Afternoon Amigo. :ciao:
Garden is Amazing. :yahoo:
Girls are just loving the @VIVOSUN, WOW.
Flower should be fun.
Second net will be full in no time .:cheesygrinsmiley:
Fuzzy Bonnets here we come. :thumb:
Hope your doing well.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Thanks Bill, I'm looking forward to a whole grow with the VSF6450. With this footprint I'm hoping to finally fill the corners ;)

Back
Top Bottom