Date: 11/30/22 Day#38 (Flip day# 2)
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% (45k LUX)
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 6" exhaust fan w/ controller
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Stout MSA, Megacrop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

This has been the easiest 5 weeks of veg I've ever had. The RDWC helps a lot with that, especially for the first couple of weeks when I don't need to do anything. Using the scrog net about 8" off the buckets has made LST really easy. All I've done is tuck the branches outside a couple of times. I haven't even taken a leaf off so far.

They were flipped to 12/12 on Monday. I've been increasing the @VIVOSUN VSF6450, which is now up to 100% (45k LUX). At the same time I'm increasing the nutes. It's time to get these ladies ramped up for flower!

I really wanted to clean up the undercarriage before they start to bloom. So my trim crew (my wife and son) and I cleaned them up last night. They were a mess! There were so many layers of leaves sitting on the buckets you couldn't even see the trunks.

We started by cleaning up anything laying on the buckets so we could see the middle. Then we worked our way from the middle out. Anything that wasn't going to reach the canopy was removed. That included all suckers (nodes growing from the bottom of other branches) and several first nodes. I went a little easy on Speck because she's not as mature as the others. I may clean her up a bit more in a week or so. She's still not filling her corner, but she'll get there ;)

We saved the best of the cuttings for cloning (and the prettiest leaf).

We finished by cleaning up a few leaves from the canopy that were blocking bud sites and tucking everything below the net. At the end it looked like they'd been trampled by something.
BEFORE

AFTER

By this morning they looked much better. And look at all those bud sites!

I'll put up the second net this weekend, about 8-10" from the first. That gives me plenty of room to work with, no running into the lights this grow ;) I'll use the second net to make sure the buds are evenly spaced and the same height as they grow up toward the light. I have at least a week before I start seeing buds and I hope to have the 4x4 wall-to-wall by then.

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Go Team Budman! And go Speck! :)

BTW, those are some big fan leaves hanging low in that last pic.

- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent

This has been the easiest 5 weeks of veg I've ever had. The RDWC helps a lot with that, especially for the first couple of weeks when I don't need to do anything. Using the scrog net about 8" off the buckets has made LST really easy. All I've done is tuck the branches outside a couple of times. I haven't even taken a leaf off so far.

They were flipped to 12/12 on Monday. I've been increasing the @VIVOSUN VSF6450, which is now up to 100% (45k LUX). At the same time I'm increasing the nutes. It's time to get these ladies ramped up for flower!

I really wanted to clean up the undercarriage before they start to bloom. So my trim crew (my wife and son) and I cleaned them up last night. They were a mess! There were so many layers of leaves sitting on the buckets you couldn't even see the trunks.

We started by cleaning up anything laying on the buckets so we could see the middle. Then we worked our way from the middle out. Anything that wasn't going to reach the canopy was removed. That included all suckers (nodes growing from the bottom of other branches) and several first nodes. I went a little easy on Speck because she's not as mature as the others. I may clean her up a bit more in a week or so. She's still not filling her corner, but she'll get there ;)

We finished by cleaning up a few leaves from the canopy that were blocking bud sites and tucking everything below the net. At the end it looked like they'd been trampled by something.
BEFORE

AFTER

I'll put up the second net this weekend, about 8-10" from the first. That gives me plenty of room to work with, no running into the lights this grow ;) I'll use the second net to make sure the buds are evenly spaced and the same height as they grow up toward the light. I have at least a week before I start seeing buds and I hope to have the 4x4 wall-to-wall by then.

Beautiful

- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent

BEFORE

AFTER

Looking good!

looking awesome over there my friend doing a grand job,,,,,and Im watching an picking up so much from you an @Tokin Roll been great to follow and watch how you guys do things as Im a wk or 2 behind but learned alot from you guys and mine growing great had no issues so far,,,,,and yeah things are stable and growing strong thanks to you guys,,,,,picked up so much follow you both already cant wait to see those flowers popping,,,,all the best and great journal amazing an easy to follow and always so helpful,,,,great guys awesome people

looking awesome over there my friend doing a grand job,,,,,and Im watching an picking up so much from you an @Tokin Roll been great to follow and watch how you guys do things as Im a wk or 2 behind but learned alot from you guys and mine growing great had no issues so far,,,,,and yeah things are stable and growing strong thanks to you guys,,,,,picked up so much follow you both already cant wait to see those flowers popping,,,,all the best and great journal amazing an easy to follow and always so helpful,,,,great guys awesome people
Thanks Spab. Once those roots get well established in the water they really get going. Looks like yours are just about to take off!

Date: 12/2/22 Day# 40 (Flip Day# 4)
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 26" (40k LUX)
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221202_112416.jpg

It's getting cold outside in Virginia, and my basement loves the cold weather. Right now it's almost perfect for growing in the tent right now, with daytime highs around 80f/27c and lows around 68f/20c. The VPD is staying right around 1.1 and these ladies are loving it. The basement temperatures are averaging right around 70f/21c, which keeps the RDWC res on the cooler side.
Screenshot_20221202_112601.jpg

As I've been increasing the light over the last week, I've been increasing the nutes as well. I'll be moving over to flower nutes in the next week so I'm getting aggressive with their feeding. They're taking it well so far. I'll keep topping off with full-strength nutes up until the res change, probably next weekend.
Screenshot_20221202_114652.jpg

The @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is at 100% now about 26" away from the canopy. It's putting out fairly even readings across the canopy. The DLI and PPFD are right around where I want them for early flower.
Screenshot_20221202-101008_Photone.jpg

Screenshot_20221202-101044_Photone.jpg

Screenshot_20221202-101037_Photone.jpg

The front two skunks (Cindy & Suzy) are looking nearly perfect. They really responded well to the defol and LST and have filled their 2x2 space with a nice even bed of flowers. Here's a picture of just the front half of the tent.

The back two (Sandy & Speck) are not quite there. Sandy (back right) is just a little behind and needs more training, but it's hard to work in the back of the tent. Speck (back left) is still struggling to catch up and fill her corner. Between the rest of transition and the stretch there's still plenty of time to get these girls on the same page. And, if not, that's what I signed up for doing 4 seeds instead of clones. Somehow I think it'll turn out OK ;) It's hard to tell they were defoliated just a couple of days ago.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Lovely shade of green across the canopy LKA...looks great in there!
Thanks Shed. They sure do love that MC for veg. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to feed them in flower.

They all look great Budman, but you know who I'm cheering for the hardest! :Rasta:

Date: 12/2/22 Day# 40 (Flip Day# 4)
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 26" (40k LUX)
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221202_112416.jpg

It's getting cold outside in Virginia, and my basement loves the cold weather. Right now it's almost perfect for growing in the tent right now, with daytime highs around 80f/27c and lows around 68f/20c. The VPD is staying right around 1.1 and these ladies are loving it. The basement temperatures are averaging right around 70f/21c, which keeps the RDWC res on the cooler side.
Screenshot_20221202_112601.jpg

As I've been increasing the light over the last week, I've been increasing the nutes as well. I'll be moving over to flower nutes in the next week so I'm getting aggressive with their feeding. They're taking it well so far. I'll keep topping off with full-strength nutes up until the res change, probably next weekend.
Screenshot_20221202_114652.jpg

The @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is at 100% now about 26" away from the canopy. It's putting out fairly even readings across the canopy. The DLI and PPFD are right around where I want them for early flower.
Screenshot_20221202-101008_Photone.jpg

Screenshot_20221202-101044_Photone.jpg

Screenshot_20221202-101037_Photone.jpg

The front two skunks (Cindy & Suzy) are looking nearly perfect. They really responded well to the defol and LST and have filled their 2x2 space with a nice even bed of flowers. Here's a picture of just the front half of the tent.

The back two (Sandy & Speck) are not quite there. Sandy (back right) is just a little behind and needs more training, but it's hard to work in the back of the tent. Speck (back left) is still struggling to catch up and fill her corner. Between the rest of transition and the stretch there's still plenty of time to get these girls on the same page. And, if not, that's what I signed up for doing 4 seeds instead of clones. Somehow I think it'll turn out OK ;) It's hard to tell they were defoliated just a couple of days ago.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
Wow, fantastic what a garden.
That's a Happy Bunch.:thumb:
Great canopy.
Guess what I received yesterday, hehe.
Ok I'll tell ya, VS6450. :yahoo:
Not exactly stealth packaging. :rofl:
Box is huge.
Paint and more wiring today.
Won't be long now.
The light reading you post, is that an app on your phone?
Or do you use a meter.
Have a great weekend my friend. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Wow, fantastic what a garden.
That's a Happy Bunch.:thumb:
Great canopy.
Thanks Bill. It's been an easy veg, I'm hoping flower goes as well.
Guess what I received yesterday, hehe.
Ok I'll tell ya, VS6450. :yahoo:
Not exactly stealth packaging. :rofl:
Box is huge.
Woo-hoo. Here we go!
Paint and more wiring today.
Won't be long now.
The light reading you post, is that an app on your phone?
Or do you use a meter.
That is an app, Photone. I calibrate the app with a LUX meter.
Have a great weekend my friend. :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
You have a great weekend as well. Have fun setting up your new grow space! Vivotopia! Oasis Vivosun!

Thanks. I'm glad you let me know to put the net lower, that worked out great. Any tips for the transition/stretch?

Thanks Shed. The defol gets easier every time. This time we were done in less than an hour :)

Thanks Trala and welcome back!
Really looking good BudMan I’m going to be taking mental notes on your grow. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom