You seem to always make them look like they were stamped out in a factory....in a good way !
Oh, I have veg down alright. Now let's see if I can flower.
Im settling in for the exciting part, mine just started the turn so I know its time for your girls to start their magic....cant wait to see them shine for you.
It's almost time for everyone to get their party hats on :)

Date: 12/5/22 Day#43
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 26" (40k LUX)
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 6" exhaust fan w/ controller
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Stout MSA, Megacrop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

These skunks are 7 days into transition. This is usually a frustrating part of the grow for me. I try to keep the canopy as even as possible, while the middle grows out of control and the edges do nothing. With a LED board it's really hard to fill a scrog net.

Well, not this time. This @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is really showing what it can do now. The canopy is staying nice and even, and the growth is going all the way to the edges of the tent. I've never had the tent this filled before. Here are some pictures from the left side of the tent. Speck is in the front-left of these, in the corner still needs to be filled. The rest of the tent is wall-to-wall and growing very evenly.

The right side is spilling out of the tent.

I gave them all a check today. They're feminized seeds, but you still need to make sure.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Wow.

I think it's pretty impressive that Speck has caught up to the degree that she has!

They all look splendid! :Rasta:

True story: I hated the idea of a scrog net till I met you.

Just beautiful LKA

:)
Thanks Trala. Especially in RDWC where the plants aren't moving anyways, it sure does make it easy to spread them out. And they grow so quickly it's hard to keep up with them any other way.
Wow.

I think it's pretty impressive that Speck has caught up to the degree that she has!

They all look splendid! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB, she's done great. I haven't cut anything off her yet, but I was thinking of trimming her up soon. Since she self-topped right at the bucket, she has two main stems and a LOT of growth underneath. I may trim her down to just a few buds and see if I can get more stretch out of what's left. What do you think?
So pretty and filled in! Any day now those escapees will be tall enough to corral with the net. 🐄
That or they'll be chopped. I was looking them over yesterday, and there's no way I can wait 20+ days to clean them up. Now that the canopy's filling in it's easier to see what isn't going to make it, and there is still a bunch of suckers and larf that I don't want to watch flower. They're just about up to the second net, so another cleanup is coming soon...

I may trim her down to just a few buds and see if I can get more stretch out of what's left. What do you think?
I think your judgement is way better than mine BudMan!

Seriously, who better to judge than the person who's up close and personal with a plant on the daily. I know I'll applaud your finished product regardless of the call you make just because you roll like that! :)

I think your judgement is way better than mine BudMan!

Seriously, who better to judge than the person who's up close and personal with a plant on the daily. I know I'll applaud your finished product regardless of the call you make just because you roll like that! :)
That is a fantastic answer ;) I'm still happy to be getting anything from her, so why not play around?

Date: 12/8/22 Day#46 Flip Day# 10
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 24" (50k LUX)
Temperatures
Screenshot_20221208_074647.jpg

Temperatures have been nearly perfect in this tent, with highs right around 80f and a 10f difference in day/night temps. This is perfect for this tent because the 80f highs are great gor growing, yet the 70f lows keep the res nice and cool. Also, having a 10f swing in day/night temperatures helps with the stretch that should be coming soon.

I've been pretty aggressive in feeding them for the last couple of weeks and they're loving it. One of the reasons I love hydro is that I don't need to wait for them to start yellowing to know they're ready for more feed. If the PPMs are dropping in the res, they need more food. If the PPMs are staying the same, then they're happy. If the PPMs are rising, then it's time to back off. These girls have been falling/static every time I've checked, so I've been bumping them up with every feeding. They should be up to 900ppm (1.8EC) now.
Screenshot_20221208_074824.jpg

I was checking on the roots last night, and Suzy's roots are busting right through the netpot!

These girls have kicked it into high gear. Nine days into transition and they've already reached the second net. I went in and super-cropped a lot of buds in the front yesterday morning. I had to tie down a few as well. I can use the lower net now as my LST point to tie down any buds that need to be restrained a bit.

It was getting too difficult to see anything under all of the foliage. So my wife and I went down last night and did more trimming. Speck hadn't been trimmed at all, you couldn't even see her main stems! She got a nice trim on the lowers. She's really two plants in one, so I'm hoping she can get up there with the rest of the girls.

The rest of the gang got another trim too. Any suckers we could find, or anything that had no chance of reaching the canopy, got cut. If there was a question, we left it. At this point it's more about getting airflow and being able to see under there than anything else.

We did some more LST as well, trying to keep everything as even as possible for now. We didn't really remove anything from the canopy at all, just underneath.

When we were finished, I noticed that the plants were 'crying'. Little drops were forming on the tops of the leaves. I've noticed this before, I guess it's just a response to the stress?

I expect to see flowers any day now, so it's time to change over to flowering nutes. I think I'll be using @Prescription Blend for flowering these ladies. It worked fantastic on my second grow in soil and I can't wait to see what it can do for these girls. And, they really hooked me up from my contest wins a few months ago.

I'll be draining and re-filling the res this weekend. With a fresh res full of @Prescription Blend and the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 at full blast, these girls are ready to fill this tent with flowers!

As you can see, Speck's corner still needs some filling in? I'm sure the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 will still get her plenty of light, even if she doesn't get as tall as the rest. It does leave a bit of a hole in the canopy though, doesn't it?

- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Temperatures

Temperatures have been nearly perfect in this tent, with highs right around 80f and a 10f difference in day/night temps. This is perfect for this tent because the 80f highs are great gor growing, yet the 70f lows keep the res nice and cool. Also, having a 10f swing in day/night temperatures helps with the stretch that should be coming soon.

I've been pretty aggressive in feeding them for the last couple of weeks and they're loving it. One of the reasons I love hydro is that I don't need to wait for them to start yellowing to know they're ready for more feed. If the PPMs are dropping in the res, they need more food. If the PPMs are staying the same, then they're happy. If the PPMs are rising, then it's time to back off. These girls have been falling/static every time I've checked, so I've been bumping them up with every feeding. They should be up to 900ppm (1.8EC) now.

I was checking on the roots last night, and Suzy's roots are busting right through the netpot!

These girls have kicked it into high gear. Nine days into transition and they've already reached the second net. I went in and super-cropped a lot of buds in the front yesterday morning. I had to tie down a few as well. I can use the lower net now as my LST point to tie down any buds that need to be restrained a bit.

It was getting too difficult to see anything under all of the foliage. So my wife and I went down last night and did more trimming. Speck hadn't been trimmed at all, you couldn't even see her main stems! She got a nice trim on the lowers. She's really two plants in one, so I'm hoping she can get up there with the rest of the girls.

The rest of the gang got another trim too. Any suckers we could find, or anything that had no chance of reaching the canopy, got cut. If there was a question, we left it. At this point it's more about getting airflow and being able to see under there than anything else.

We did some more LST as well, trying to keep everything as even as possible for now. We didn't really remove anything from the canopy at all, just underneath.

When we were finished, I noticed that the plants were 'crying'. Little drops were forming on the tops of the leaves. I've noticed this before, I guess it's just a response to the stress?

I expect to see flowers any day now, so it's time to change over to flowering nutes. I think I'll be using @Prescription Blend for flowering these ladies. It worked fantastic on my second grow in soil and I can't wait to see what it can do for these girls. And, they really hooked me up from my contest wins a few months ago.

I'll be draining and re-filling the res this weekend. With a fresh res full of @Prescription Blend and the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 at full blast, these girls are ready to fill this tent with flowers!

As you can see, Speck's corner still needs some filling in? I'm sure the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 will still get her plenty of light, even if she doesn't get as tall as the rest. It does leave a bit of a hole in the canopy though, doesn't it?

Ive noticed those teardrops on mine too but wasn't sure if it was just leaves sat on each other. Man budman thats a nice even canopy on the positive side of things theyll be reaching the top in no time im sure. They're a beautiful colour. Loving it keep going strong :thumb:

Date: 12/5/22 Day#43
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 100% 26" (40k LUX)

These skunks are 7 days into transition. This is usually a frustrating part of the grow for me. I try to keep the canopy as even as possible, while the middle grows out of control and the edges do nothing. With a LED board it's really hard to fill a scrog net.

Well, not this time. This @VIVOSUN VSF6450 is really showing what it can do now. The canopy is staying nice and even, and the growth is going all the way to the edges of the tent. I've never had the tent this filled before. Here are some pictures from the left side of the tent. Speck is in the front-left of these, in the corner still needs to be filled. The rest of the tent is wall-to-wall and growing very evenly.

The right side is spilling out of the tent.

I gave them all a check today. They're feminized seeds, but you still need to make sure.

Pretty as every LK.

Ive noticed those teardrops on mine too but wasn't sure if it was just leaves sat on each other.
I thought that for a while too. I only see them after I've been cutting/pinching, though.
Man budman thats a nice even canopy on the positive side of things theyll be reaching the top in no time im sure. They're a beautiful colour. Loving it keep going strong :thumb:
Thanks man, they're loving it in that tent right now. Hopefully they don't stretch too much!

- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Temperatures

Brilliant. :thumb:
Hope your doing well my friend. :high-five:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Brilliant. :thumb:
Hope your doing well my friend. :high-five:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill. I'm doing great. You want to see how hard I work with these girls? This is how I fill up the res.

Now you, on the other hand, look like you're wearing yourself out building Oasis VIVOSUN @ Heaven's Shore! Remember, you'll be growing in it for a long time, but you only get to build it once. Have fun and take your time, your body will thank you :)

I thought that for a while too. I only see them after I've been cutting/pinching, though.

Thanks man, they're loving it in that tent right now. Hopefully they don't stretch too much!
Hmmm true I have done defol in stints myself. I thought that with mine too would of had to rearrange my light situation.

Healthy AF LKA! They'll repay you with all the defol by putting all the new growth up top where you want it. Love the drone shot at the end too. :thumb:

I noticed that the plants were 'crying'. Little drops were forming on the tops of the leaves. I've noticed this before, I guess it's just a response to the stress?
It's actually guttation (thanks @Amy Gardner!). "Guttation occurs when plants have a strong and vigorous root system creating a high degree or root pressure at night that forces large volumes of water up into the plant and out of the hydathodes."

Back
Top Bottom