LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

Welcome, glad you could make it. And thanks.

Thanks. I was happy she gave me so long in veg. Those CarHooks make the training much easier, especially in the beginning. Now I'm just hoping to get ahead of her nute issues to keep her packing on bud.

I have photone on my android (which was completely free), and I calibrate it with a light meter. When I post the ppfd/dli, that's an average across the canopy.

She is a pretty one.

I've never had a calcium issue before. I usually have magnesium issues and need epsom. I'm giving her organic calmag with every feeding now.

The @VIVOSUN AeroLight is really impressing me so far. Nice trichome and bud development across the 32x32.

I'm hoping the purpinator and sweet candy are giving her plenty of PK now.

I was thinking the same last night. I stuck my hand up under her skirt and could feel a breeze from the floor fan. She's more open in the middle than she looks.

Thanks for stopping by and for the great suggestions. I loved watching your autos, they were one of the reasons I decided to try one. Congrats again on a fantastic harvest.
Thanks for the detailed response! Ah I missed you were using the app, sorry. Good stuff!

Date - 11/14/22 - Day# 68 (W10D5)
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 13" away, 450-500PPFD, 35-40DLI
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Simulate Sunrise/Sunset
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 54% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 80F Humidity 58% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, calmag
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco Veg and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

Pebbles is 68 days from seed and in her 6th week of flower. She's only supposed to go to 80 days but she looks like she'll go a few more weeks if I can keep her healthy. She's really just started to show a few orange pistils. I top-fed her 2/3c of Geoflora Bloom this morning and I'm giving her organic calmag, purpinator, and sweet candy with every watering. Her leaf issues don't look to be progressing. Just a couple more weeks, baby. You can do it!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco Veg and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Fan

Pebbles is 68 days from seed and in her 6th week of flower. She's only supposed to go to 80 days but she looks like she'll go a few more weeks if I can keep her healthy. She's really just started to show a few orange pistils. I top-fed her 2/3c of Geoflora Bloom this morning and I'm giving her organic calmag, purpinator, and sweet candy with every watering. Her leaf issues don't look to be progressing. Just a couple more weeks, baby. You can do it!

Beautiful. Hope your good brother

Flowers are looking great and so many beautiful white pistils! Not a chance on the 80 days...I'm thinking 90-100. :)
Whatever. They are beautiful. I'll wait! :laughtwo:

No shortage of buds on that lady-
Looking real good, BudMan!
I'm with Shed- 90-100 days- still lots of fattening up to do..

Whatever else she is (long running, fat bottomed, showing slight deficiencies), she is a beautiful girl mate.

Im really loving the colours, almost as much as her size.

Do you know what causes those reddish fan stems? (Anyone?) Im curious if its an indoor thing, a genetic thing or something else...

Cant wait to see you guide her home, shes a stunner, certainly one of the nicest looking autos Ive seen here.

Beautiful. Hope your good brother
Busy but doing well. Late fall has arrived in VA this week and it's COLD. Saturday it was 75f and we had the A/C on. Today's high is 42f and rainy. Trying to stay warm...
Flowers are looking great and so many beautiful white pistils! Not a chance on the 80 days...I'm thinking 90-100. :)
No shortage of buds on that lady-
Looking real good, BudMan!
I'm with Shed- 90-100 days- still lots of fattening up to do..
She'll make it easily! Just beautiful!
Thanks guys. I'm in no rush so she can take all the time she wants finishing/fattening up. I'm hoping she'll go over 100 days. That puts harvest near the middle of December. Dried and smashed in time for the new year!
Whatever. They are beautiful. I'll wait! :laughtwo:
Oh, you'll wait all right ;)
Whatever else she is (long running, fat bottomed, showing slight deficiencies), she is a beautiful girl mate.

Im really loving the colours, almost as much as her size.

Do you know what causes those reddish fan stems? (Anyone?) Im curious if its an indoor thing, a genetic thing or something else...

Cant wait to see you guide her home, shes a stunner, certainly one of the nicest looking autos Ive seen here.
Thanks DV8, I agree she is very pretty. And getting prettier every day :)
Could be a building deficiency but many strains also have that genetic.
I've read that the red stems can be caused by light/sun burn, potassium deficiency, environmental conditions (too cold), or genetics. For Pebbles it could be any/all of these ;) At least she should be getting plenty of potassium now, though.

Busy but doing well. Late fall has arrived in VA this week and it's COLD. Saturday it was 75f and we had the A/C on. Today's high is 42f and rainy. Trying to stay warm...

Thanks guys. I'm in no rush so she can take all the time she wants finishing/fattening up. I'm hoping she'll go over 100 days. That puts harvest near the middle of December. Dried and smashed in time for the new year!

Oh, you'll wait all right ;)

Thanks DV8, I agree she is very pretty. And getting prettier every day :)

I've read that the red stems can be caused by light/sun burn, potassium deficiency, environmental conditions (too cold), or genetics. For Pebbles it could be any/all of these ;) At least she should be getting plenty of potassium now, though.
It went from fake summer to winter super fast this year. I cant say I'm too upset about it since I can finally keep my rh to under a 60 now

In -Flowering- Mode
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
Other - 8" Fan

Love the picture that shows a closeup with the spotted older leaf in the frame. It shows (I think) that you have arrested the issue. Old leaves = yellowing and spotty, New leaves = green and healthy. Nice work.

It went from fake summer to winter super fast this year. I cant say I'm too upset about it since I can finally keep my rh to under a 60 now
The house A/C and the basement dehumidifier makes my temps/RH in the basement easy to control. This weather sure is a lot cheaper, though ;)

Love the picture that shows a closeup with the spotted older leaf in the frame. It shows (I think) that you have arrested the issue. Old leaves = yellowing and spotty, New leaves = green and healthy. Nice work.
Thanks Jon, I think I have her turned around. I was relying on the Geoflora too much in flower, and only feeding Purpinator once/week. Now that I am feeding Purpinator and Sweet Candy every feeding, along with some calmag, she is starting to look better.

Looking good LKA! When you topdress with GF Bloom, do you water it from the top or let the SIPS do the work?
Thanks man. After the topdress I spray the top really well, trying to get the top couple of inches soaked. Basically just trying to get everything wet and activated. Then I fill the res and let the SIP take care of the rest.

I really should have something on top of the soil to hold the moisture in (rocks, mulch, etc), but I'm too lazy to add and remove with every topdress.

Thanks man. After the topdress I spray the top really well, trying to get the top couple of inches soaked. Basically just trying to get everything wet and activated. Then I fill the res and let the SIP take care of the rest.

I really should have something on top of the soil to hold the moisture in (rocks, mulch, etc), but I'm too lazy to add and remove with every topdress.
I was super curious about this myself, so Im glad the question was asked and the answer given.

Date - 11/14/22 - Day# 70 (W10D7)
In -Flowering- Mode
- Light - 12" away, 500-550PPFD, 40-45DLI
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan
- 00:00-04:00 - AUTO Temp 74f Humidity 52% Speed 1 Default:OFF
- 04:00-24:00 - AUTO Temp 80F Humidity 56% Speed 1 Default:OFF
Nutrients - Geoflora Bloom, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Floor Fan, 6" oscillating fan
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20221117_094434.jpg

Other than when I open the tent(and the three hour power outage last Saturday), the @VIVOSUN AeroZesh and GrowHub have done a fantastic job of keeping the VPD right around 1.4. It's keeping more heat in the tent than the static exhaust fan as well. I'll bump the humidity down a couple points per week through the end of the grow, ending in the upper 40s/low 50s.

I've been reviewing Pebble's grow log and noticed that she's drinking less now than she was a couple of weeks ago. Before November 1st, she was consitently drinking over 2 liters every day, sometimes as much as 3 liters. Since Nov 1, she has not gone over 2 liters in a day, and right now seems to be drinking around 1.8 liters/day. It looks like her leaves are lighter up top than they were then as well. Unfortunately, this could be due to a few things:
- I top-watered a few times right around that time. Did top watering mess with the hydrotropism / roots? I don't think this is it, though, because I haven't top-watered in a while.
- I've been feeding more aggresively since then, adding calmag + purpinator + sweet candy to around 1.0-1.2ec. Is she getting too much P/K now? Does she need plain water for a feeding or two?
Screenshot_20221117_101859.jpg

I haven't top-watered in a while, but I will use this sprayer to soak the surface occasionally. The top couple of inches tend to dry out, and I'm trying to keep them moist to let the Geoflora break down.

I took most of her LST off when I last fed her and didn't bother to put it back on. A few of the buds raised up an inch or so which is fine. Her canopy is looking great coming into the last few weeks. I'm starting to see a few more orange pistils, but there are also plenty of buds that are still all white. I'm hoping I can keep her going for three more weeks. Despite any issues she may be having, she's still packing on the bud!

Back
Top Bottom