LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

It's unlikely my Fruit Punch Auto will be as successful as mine is 64 days old but only 5 inches tall.
That looks like the one I recently had HashGirl!

It's waaay past "unlikely" that it will be as successful as BudMans! :)

So, what are you growing next?
My grow situation is a mess. I had 2 clone mothers left from a couple months ago, but I left them broads outside for a few days and they started flowering before they got the green light... so I brought em inside and left them under 24 hour light in a freezing ass cold garage for a couple months and they went back into half-dead veg. (And looked super weird for a long time, single blades with fuzz on em)
But I brought em back to life.
So now they are monster-cropped clones, and I'm flowering them out in the grow room. (They grow completely different now)
(Whew)
I enjoy the Mimosa ALOT now that it's cured, (tastes like your smoking some kind of holiday spiced hashish at an Indian bazaar - just amazing) so I'll slice another clone off for future grows, but I'll be popping 3 new beans real soon for some mid-summer smoke. Only one of those beans will be in a sip though, mainly because I have a shit load of gritty mix waiting on-deck, and I know it'll grow for me. Can't run out of weed waiting on an experiment! 🤣

Tldr: flowering 2 clones, gonna pop 3 seeds soon and try a sip planter. Thanks for asking!

Thanks for the update. Sounds like when drying, humidity is the main factor. I might have to buy a humidifier to keep it around 60rh.
I'm turning the humidifier on today, set to 60%. I also keep it cool (down to 60f if possible) to preserve terpenes. Finally you want moving air, not really blowing on the buds, but air moving in the space to keep it from getting stale. I love the air purifier with the fan on low for this. You DON'T really need fresh air, unless you need to reduce the RH.

I enjoy the Mimosa ALOT now that it's cured, (tastes like your smoking some kind of holiday spiced hashish at an Indian bazaar - just amazing) so I'll slice another clone off for future grows
We're really enjoying the Mimosa as well, both smoked and squished. I still have a mother, I'm just not sure what I'm going to do with it. I do know I'll be sad when the Mimosa is gone.

Journal Wrap-Up
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
Nutrients - Geoflora, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - EZGro plug -> 4" pot -> 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Other - 8" Floor Fan, 6" oscillating fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C, Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water (not needed yet)

When I cleaned out Pebbles SIP bucket the root ball pulled out intact. The bottom 3-4" crumbled away first. The 'wet feet' around the SIP insert don't seem to grow any roots. The rest of the bucket was full of roots. I cut into the root ball, and it was roots all the way through. Finally I pulled out as much root ball as possible and washed it off. Pebbles sure did have a stump on her!

Here is the full feeding tracker for Pebbles, and the temperatures/RH in the Playpen for the entire grow.

When Pebbles went into the drying closet it was extra cold outside. Over the course of the week, though, the temperatures outside went from cold to unseasonably warm. I had to turn the A/C on 1/1/23 to keep the drying closet < 65f. The A/C also dries it out, but the humidifier makes up for that. The temperatures are all over the place, but the humidity is staying right around 60%.

I went in to check the buds yesterday morning expecting them to need a few more days. The Wood Moisture Meter (WMM) was still reading 15%+ on the stems, but the buds are all reading around 10.5% moisture. They felt crispy to the touch, too. I think the temperature swings sped up the drying process. So yesterday I bucket all of the buds off the stem. She had a lot of branches.

After that I put them all in a Grove bag and weighed them. The final tally is 215g, or just over 7.5oz. There is a little bit of larf in there, but most of that is nice hard little buds. Everything is frosty and smells fantastic, too. I'm really impressed with the @VIVOSUN Aerolight, and still can't believe I pulled over 2g/W from an auto grow.

I left them in the Grove bag with a Govee hygrometer over night and by this morning they were reading 66% RH. That's a little too moist, so I took them out of the bag and let them breathe for about an hour then put them back in. My basement is perfect for this as I control it to <40% RH. I'll do this daily until the Grove bag stays under 65%, then I'll let them finish curing in the bag for about a month. Of course, I'll start squishing way before then ;)

Well, that's a wrap for this grow journal. I want to thank @VIVOSUN for sponsoring this grow journal, I've had a blast getting to know the Smart Grow System. Thanks also to the mods and admins for making this site such a great place to grow, share, and learn. And of course, thank you for following along on this grow. I appreciate the encouragement and help from all of you.

The Playpen doesn't stay empty for long, though. I've already started the next auto grow, so click here to follow along with the next grow in the Playpen and the Vivosun Smart Grow System!

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow

Journal Wrap-Up
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
Nutrients - Geoflora, Purpinator, Sweet Candy, TPS CalMag, Hydroguard / Great White
Medium - EZGro plug -> 4" pot -> 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Nutrients
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C, Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water (not needed yet)

When I cleaned out Pebbles SIP bucket the root ball pulled out intact. The bottom 3-4" crumbled away first. The 'wet feet' around the SIP insert don't seem to grow any roots. The rest of the bucket was full of roots. I cut into the root ball, and it was roots all the way through. Finally I pulled out as much root ball as possible and washed it off. Pebbles sure did have a stump on her!

Here is the full feeding tracker for Pebbles, and the temperatures/RH in the Playpen for the entire grow.

When Pebbles went into the drying closet it was extra cold outside. Over the course of the week, though, the temperatures outside went from cold to unseasonably warm. I had to turn the A/C on 1/1/23 to keep the drying closet < 65f. The A/C also dries it out, but the humidifier makes up for that. The temperatures are all over the place, but the humidity is staying right around 60%.

I went in to check the buds yesterday morning expecting them to need a few more days. The Wood Moisture Meter (WMM) was still reading 15%+ on the stems, but the buds are all reading around 10.5% moisture. They felt crispy to the touch, too. I think the temperature swings sped up the drying process. So yesterday I bucket all of the buds off the stem. She had a lot of branches.

After that I put them all in a Grove bag and weighed them. The final tally is 215g, or just over 7.5oz. There is a little bit of larf in there, but most of that is nice hard little buds. Everything is frosty and smells fantastic, too. I'm really impressed with the @VIVOSUN Aerolight, and still can't believe I pulled over 2g/W from an auto grow.

I left them in the Grove bag with a Govee hygrometer over night and by this morning they were reading 66% RH. That's a little too moist, so I took them out of the bag and let them breathe for about an hour then put them back in. My basement is perfect for this as I control it to <40% RH. I'll do this daily until the Grove bag stays under 65%, then I'll let them finish curing in the bag for about a month. Of course, I'll start squishing way before then ;)

Well, that's a wrap for this grow journal. I want to thank @VIVOSUN for sponsoring this grow journal, I've had a blast getting to know the Smart Grow System. Thanks also to the mods and admins for making this site such a great place to grow, share, and learn. And of course, thank you for following along on this grow. I appreciate the encouragement and help from all of you.

The Playpen doesn't stay empty for long, though. I've already started the next auto grow, so click here to follow along with the next grow in the Playpen and the Vivosun Smart Grow System!

Its been a buzz following along budman your detail is unprecedented and an absolute joy to see pebbles thrive. Great work bud :thumb:

Congrats on a fantastic auto yield! Thank you for hosting a great grow journal. You really did a very good job spotlighting the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and I hope they get some new customers from it.

I love a good rootopsy, not to mention a bin full o'buds! :welldone: on that harvest LKA...looking forward to seeing the squish. 👀
Thanks Shed, the Squish will be coming soon... hopefully this weekend!
Its been a buzz following along budman your detail is unprecedented and an absolute joy to see pebbles thrive. Great work bud :thumb:
Thanks GF. She was a lot of fun to grow.
Congrats on a fantastic auto yield! Thank you for hosting a great grow journal. You really did a very good job spotlighting the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System and I hope they get some new customers from it.
Thanks HG. I think they already have ;) And I'm in the process of writing better documentation for the Smart Grow System and the Vivosun App. I'll be posting it soon on my new grow journal.
She really had her way with that system! Almost 8 zips from an auto is something I can get used to! :bravo:
Thanks SO, she sure did. I'm still blown away at how little larf she had, but with her thin leaves that @VIVOSUN AeroLight really got great penetration to the lowers.

I squished some Pebbles last night. YUM!

I have a very basic question BudMan.

Since you cut the bottom seam off the bag, once you've stuffed the puck in how do you get the bag to stay closed to be inserted into the press?

I have a very basic question BudMan.

Since you cut the bottom seam off the bag, once you've stuffed the puck in how do you get the bag to stay closed to be inserted into the press?
I fold the bag over on both ends and then use a binder clip to hold everything closed. This puck was nice and sticky, and the ends of the bag stuck to the puck when I put it in the press. I usually close the press to where the puck will barely fit, then slide it in while holding the ends closed.

Journal Wrap-Up

Excellent work. Great journal. Your record keeping blows me away. Nice job.

I fold the bag over on both ends and then use a binder clip to hold everything closed. This puck was nice and sticky, and the ends of the bag stuck to the puck when I put it in the press. I usually close the press to where the puck will barely fit, then slide it in while holding the ends closed.
Thanks!

I've always wanted to cut that bottom seam off. It seems to trap too much good goo in there. Plus, cutting it off gets you two bags from one bag (if you can figure out how to keep them shut).

I'll be trying it that way soon.

I can hear myself now trying to slide that puck between the closer plates, "Ouch! Oww!" :)

Excellent work. Great journal. Your record keeping blows me away. Nice job.
Thanks Jon. I found if I don't keep records I start forgetting to water, etc. The best part is I can copy the tracker from last grow to the next grow. And I frequently find myself looking back at the past grows for comparisons.

Thanks!

I've always wanted to cut that bottom seam off. It seems to trap too much good goo in there. Plus, cutting it off gets you two bags from one bag (if you can figure out how to keep them shut).

I'll be trying it that way soon.

I can hear myself now trying to slide that puck between the closer plates, "Ouch! Oww!" :)
Lately I've been using 90 micron bags and squishing at 175f. I like the flavor on the lower temp (and it doesn't singe my hands as much). I usually squish two 7g pucks side-by-side at 175f, then stack them up and squish again at 190f for second runnings.

Back
Top Bottom