LKABudMan Grows A Green Crack Auto In The VIVOSUN Smart Grow System - Sponsored by VIVOSUN

:D I still catch myself wasting a lot of time saving little scraps, as we did when it was much harder to come by. As I sit here with a few jars of big colas. :rolleyes:
Up until a few days ago I was saving my AVB to make edibles until I realized I had way more of it than I would ever use, and I still have plenty from last outdoor season for those anyway.
When I started growing more than I could use, I would only vape a bowl once and then put the abv into jars to make tincture out of. It worked well, but as mentioned, only vaped once.
I've been in scarcity mode for 30+ years, never knowing where my next quarter/half was coming from or if anything would even be available. I'm finally starting to let that go. I never like to waste anything but I'm no longer worried about every little scrap.

FastBuds Green Crack Auto ** Final Entry ***

Everything went into a 1lb Grove bag along with a Govee hygrometer. The final weight for Emmy, the Green Crack Auto: 230 grams, or just over 8.1 ounces. That's about two ounces more than I thought she would be. She had such tiny airy buds, but it turned out that she had a LOT of them. They were stacked on top of each other all over the plant, and they really fattened up in the last couple of weeks. She takes up most of the 1lb Grove bag.

That's an amazing yield from an autoflower. :bravo:The best I've done is almost 6 oz from a Lemon auto.

Now for a little bad news. She went in the bag at about 52% RH, much lower than I was hoping. About 2 hours later she was up to 53% when my son went in to grab a few buds and left the bag open:eek: I didn't find out until several hours later, she was at 51%. I closed the bag and left it overnight, and it didn't go up much. Right now I have a piece of stem from the freezer in the bag trying to get it up to around 60%. Is it too late, is the cure done?

I still have a hard time believing that. The stems were still pliable when I bucked her, nothing was snapping. I usually use a wood moisture meter (WMM) on the buds, but these buds were far too airy. I use the WMM on the stems as well, though, and they are usually at 14-15%. These stems were at 25% RH.

Does it matter? Were these buds just too airy to dry that long. I guess I'll find out.

For what it's worth, I'm notoriously bad at letting the bud get over dry when it's hanging and I always try to increase the humidity with a leaf or damp paper towel, wrapped in tinfoil. I always get it back to 60 to 65 in the jar and once it's there, I add a humidity pack and store the jar. To date, I haven't been bothered by harshness when smoking.

Thanks to @Remo Nutrients for being sponsors in the contests here. The Remo worked great and I'm using it again in my next grow. It's stable when mixing in large batches, allowing me to mix nutrients 3-4 times for an entire grow. I fed according to schedule and Emmy didn't show any nutrients deficiencies at all until I stopped feeding a week before the drought.

I think that Remo nutes should step up and offer "of the Month" prize packages for Canadian growers. We always miss out on receiving the nute part of the prizes since we can't get Prescription Blend or GeoFlora here. And, since Remo is Canadian, doesn't it make sense?

Hi HashGirl. The first pic I see looks backwards to me. The two shiny bars coming out the top are the back of the press. My left hand reaches over the press and grabs the left bar while my right hand pumps. They work together to balance the press. I have the press on a low table that lets me use downward body force. It's a desk. The folded rosen paper gets loaded from the handle side. That squish didn't see heat or pressure.

It's actually made to put on the floor and lean back on the plastic/rubbery feet on the shiny bars and pump if you felt like trying that for a better mechanical advantage. I'd do it on a cement floor or a piece of plywood, it's going to do damage. It's hard work!

Hi Stone.

I know it's supposed to be lying down more as I use it that way when I'm straining oil. I honestly don't remember if I laid it down or not when I was trying to get rosinearly last year. I will try it again.

That's an amazing yield from an autoflower. :bravo:The best I've done is almost 6 oz from a Lemon auto.
Thanks HG. I really wasn't expecting that much but I'm thrilled. She's fluffy but there is a lot of her. And she's more dense than she looks.
For what it's worth, I'm notoriously bad at letting the bud get over dry when it's hanging and I always try to increase the humidity with a leaf or damp paper towel, wrapped in tinfoil. I always get it back to 60 to 65 in the jar and once it's there, I add a humidity pack and store the jar. To date, I haven't been bothered by harshness when smoking.
Good to know. I put two little stems in the bag and they came up to almost 66%! I removed the stems and have them at 63% and slowly coming down. I tumble the Grove bag daily to make sure they're all breathing.
Screenshot_20230425_162825_Govee Home.jpg

I think that Remo nutes should step up and offer "of the Month" prize packages for Canadian growers. We always miss out on receiving the nute part of the prizes since we can't get Prescription Blend or GeoFlora here. And, since Remo is Canadian, doesn't it make sense?
That stinks. I'm lucky to have all of the above and they're all fantastic. Why don't we have more Canadian sponsors?
Hi Stone.

I know it's supposed to be lying down more as I use it that way when I'm straining oil. I honestly don't remember if I laid it down or not when I was trying to get rosinearly last year. I will try it again.
I don't ever lay it down for rosin. If I was pressing a big block of hash I may want to lay it down to collect it. For > 14g of flower I've never had the need. I followed @gwhunran in his journey with the DabPress and use a similar method:
- Cut a standard bag in half. Put 7g of flower in each bottle-style, pre-pressed to as small a puck as possible.
- Pre-heat the press to 175-185f
- Close the plates to the size of the pre-pressed pucks
- Put two 7g bags in the press side-by-side.
- Close the press on the bags to keep them in place
* Start the timer
- Start applying pressure slowly. Go easy and take a minute or more letting everything heat up.
- Apply pressure more firmly. You can keep applying a little bit of pressure every 15 seconds or so, but don't push too hard and blow out the bottle jack (Thanks GW)
- Wait until all the gooey goodness oozes out. It usually takes 3-5 minutes (after the 1 minute warm up).
- Release pressure slowly
- Ease the paper out, remove the pucks and store for tincture/oil
- Cool and collect the rosin. Some will only need to cool at room temperature for a few minutes and can be collected. Others will need some time in the freezer and will still be difficult. Either way a cool plate underneath will help.

I pressed 14g of fresh Green Crack last night but didn't take any pictures :( Here are some pictures of the last time I pressed, only I now press two 7g pucks at a time. She was so light and the pucks pre-pressed so small I wasn't expecting much, but she ended up yielding well. And the fresh Emmy rosin is fantastic; fruity leaning toward mango and a kick in the pants! I'm feeling fantastic but can still function, I took a huge 4:20 hit before writing this!
20230425_164732.jpg

NOTE: Since it's almost 5pm now, 'still function' may be a relative term :laughtwo:

I would have a marijuana problem if it wasn't for making rosin. I would run out of places to keep my bud jars. :rolleyes: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Yea, I need to squish some more I guess. The floor of my office is filling up with 1LB Grove Bags :)
20230426_074435.jpg

We've started calling this little rose box 'Precious'? Why is is so precious...
20230426_091104.jpg

20230426_091117.jpg

20230426_091124.jpg

The glass 5oz jars with the metal lids have ground flower in them. The little 5g glass jars have rosin. Precious indeed!

Congrats on all that sticky bud LKA! 8.1oz off an airy plant is quite the accomplishment. :thumb:

Is it too late, is the cure done?
Damn good question, though since...
I still have a hard time believing that.
I do too. Without putting them in a regular old no-tech sealed jar it's tough to know what they would have stabilized at, particularly since...
I put two little stems in the bag and they came up to almost 66%! I removed the stems and have them at 63% and slowly coming down.
Hard to believe that two little stems did that. I tried stems in my turkey bags and they didn't move the needle at all. I went with bread in the end, my old standby!

If anyone does ever end up wit overdried flowers, this post might be of some help.
I did it with a bag, too as I thought I posted it, too. I tried it with a bag on January 5, 2022 and got nothing:
I was going to say that this is important:
pre-pressed to as small a puck as possible.
The flower needs to be straining against the edge of the bag, almost to the point of blowing it out. Putting loose flower in a big bag will just leave you with flat flowers like you showed.

"Precious." One box to rule them all! :)
Exactly! We had jars and bags and grinders all over the place before. Now anything you want can be found in one place. We have an old 'Darling Clementine' crate where we keep all of the pipes/vapes/dab pens called 'Darling', for more obvious reasons ;)

Congrats on all that sticky bud LKA! 8.1oz off an airy plant is quite the accomplishment. :thumb:
Thanks Shed, she surprised me too.
Damn good question, though since...

I do too. Without putting them in a regular old no-tech sealed jar it's tough to know what they would have stabilized at, particularly since...

Hard to believe that two little stems did that. I tried stems in my turkey bags and they didn't move the needle at all. I went with bread in the end, my old standby!
Here's the readout from the Govee in the Grove bag. You can see where I put the stems in and where I took them out, and even where I vented the bag to remove excess RH. I still think there was more moisture in the bud than 52%, but the two big fat DWC stems helped bring the RH into range. I'm still tumbling the bag daily, but it looks like they're in the perfect cure spot right not.
Screenshot_20230428_072931_Govee Home.jpg

If anyone does ever end up wit overdried flowers, this post might be of some help.
Thanks for posting that. So the results seem to indicate that the cure doesn't stop as soon as the bud gets < 58% RH, there's more to it. Very interesting.
I was going to say that this is important:

The flower needs to be straining against the edge of the bag, almost to the point of blowing it out. Putting loose flower in a big bag will just leave you with flat flowers like you showed.
I thought this with both of the pictures that @HashGirl posted, it looks like the material flattened out. When you squish, the bag is to maintain the same footprint, not allowing the material to spread out.

Back
Top Bottom