LKABudMan Grows A Green Crack Auto In The VIVOSUN Smart Grow System - Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Ticking along nicely mate.
Thanks Deev. She kicked into high gear this week and is really trying to fill that tent!
Mmm Mmm Mmm Green Crack auto in a SIP under a Vivosun Aerolight! This plant is going strong B Man! I have a bunch of these beans and was wondering what they looked like SIPped! I'm going to guess fat and happy!
Thanks SO, she's exploding right now. Her roots are firmly established in the SIP and she is really loving her @Remo Nutrients :morenutes:

Date: 2/10/23 - Day# 42
Strain - FastBuds Green Crack Auto Fem (NASC)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System in -Flower- Mode
- AeroLight* - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (13", 40.1DLI, 570PPFD, 31k LUX)
- Circulation Fan*
- 00:00-4:00 - 100%
- 04:00-24:00 - Natural
- AeroZesh* - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 76F / 58% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 80F / 62% RH, default off
- Growhub* - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
* All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
Medium - 5 gallon SIP bucket with FFHF soil
Nutrients - Remo nutrients
Other - 8" floor fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Weekly Temperatures

Temperatures outside have been all over the place. Luckily the basement stays pretty consistent. It could be a few degrees warmer, but the VPD is staying right at 1.1-1.2 and Emmy is loving it.

She's drinking over 1.5L/day now and shows no signs of slowing down. Out of the 5 gallons of @Remo I mixed up 12 days ago, I only have two liters left. It kept very well and was still 6.3pH this morning. I'll be mixing up the next batch this weekend.
I'm letting the res go dry every couple of weeks to keep it from getting stagnant. This morning it was empty, only two days after filling it. I'll fill it every day now until the next dry-back.

I removed most of the inside CarHooks this morning. I'll let her go for the next day or two and see what needs to be adjusted. She has a beautiful flat-top right now and I'd love to keep it that way.

She really needs to be cleaned up around the bottom. I've been plucking a few leaves here and there, but she's growing a lot faster than I'm plucking! As soon as she's done stretching I'll get in there and clean her up good.

Her flowers are building nicely and starting to get frosty. When I opened the tent today I smelled her for the first time, mostly mango :yummy:

For now I'm just keeping the res full and the @VIVOSUN AeroLight 13-14" away from the canopy. Let's see how big this lady can get!

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Date: 2/10/23 - Day# 42
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System in -Flower- Mode
- AeroLight* - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (13", 40.1DLI, 570PPFD, 31k LUX)
- Circulation Fan*
- AeroZesh* - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
Other - 8" floor fan
Weekly Temperatures

Temperatures outside have been all over the place. Luckily the basement stays pretty consistent. It could be a few degrees warmer, but the VPD is staying right at 1.1-1.2 and Emmy is loving it.

She's drinking over 1.5L/day now and shows no signs of slowing down. Out of the 5 gallons of @Remo I mixed up 12 days ago, I only have two liters left. It kept very well and was still 6.3pH this morning. I'll be mixing up the next batch this weekend.
I'm letting the res go dry every couple of weeks to keep it from getting stagnant. This morning it was empty, only two days after filling it. I'll fill it every day now until the next dry-back.

I removed most of the inside CarHooks this morning. I'll let her go for the next day or two and see what needs to be adjusted. She has a beautiful flat-top right now and I'd love to keep it that way.

She really needs to be cleaned up around the bottom. I've been plucking a few leaves here and there, but she's growing a lot faster than I'm plucking! As soon as she's done stretching I'll get in there and clean her up good.

Her flowers are building nicely and starting to get frosty. When I opened the tent today I smelled her for the first time, mostly mango :yummy:

For now I'm just keeping the res full and the @VIVOSUN AeroLight 13-14" away from the canopy. Let's see how big this lady can get!

When you say you mixed the nutes 12 days ago, is that in water? Like you just keep an air stone in a bucket? Just wondering if you did anything special, myself being in dwc I guess it would be fine going into soil but generally my res changes weekly.

When you say you mixed the nutes 12 days ago, is that in water? Like you just keep an air stone in a bucket? Just wondering if you did anything special, myself being in dwc I guess it would be fine going into soil but generally my res changes weekly.
Yes, I mix the nutrients up as directed for 5 gallons and keep them bubbling in a 5g bucket with an air stone. Since there are no plants in there to eat anything and no light, they stay pretty stable for the entire time. And I don't have to mix nutrients every day for the SIP :)

Yes, I mix the nutrients up as directed for 5 gallons and keep them bubbling in a 5g bucket with an air stone. Since there are no plants in there to eat anything and no light, they stay pretty stable for the entire time. And I don't have to mix nutrients every day for the SIP :)
You mix in concentrated form and then fill up the bucket before you use them?

You mix in concentrated form and then fill up the bucket before you use them?
I put 5g of water in the bucket with the airstones first (the airstones help mix everything too). Then I add the nutrients for 5g as directed by Remo, one at a time. Here's the bucket right before I started adding the nutes.

I can tell you @Remo Nutrients grows awesome tasting weed! had some Wedding cake my BIL grew recently and it blew my mind it was so tasty!
Thanks So, I saw that on your journal. It's one of the reasons I wanted to use the Remo this grow. Bring on the Mango flavor bomb!:rollit:🥭🥭🥭🥭

Frickin' tabletop flat in there. :welldone: to get that with the ties off!
Yes, I mix the nutrients up as directed for 5 gallons and keep them bubbling in a 5g bucket with an air stone.
Damn, I mix 4 gallons at a time, pour them in 1 gallon milk containers, and leave them in the outdoor chem shed until I need them. Sometimes that's 3-4 days and some sit around for a week or more. I do give them a shake before I use them though!

Frickin' tabletop flat in there. :welldone: to get that with the ties off!
Thanks Shed. We'll see how long it stays that way with the ties off ;)
Damn, I mix 4 gallons at a time, pour them in 1 gallon milk containers, and leave them in the outdoor chem shed until I need them. Sometimes that's 3-4 days and some sit around for a week or more. I do give them a shake before I use them though!
I have the extra airpump running anyways, usually in the big 20gal water tank to keep it moving and aerated. It's probably overkill, but why not?

Date: 2/13/23 - Day# 45
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Flowering, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (14", 40.1DLI, 570PPFD, 31k LUX)
- Circulation Fan*
Other - 8" floor fan

Saturday I started cleaning up Emmy's lowers. I mostly removed fan leaves from the bottom, although I did remove a few 'sucker' branches growing from the bottom of other branches. I usually remove all of these, but on my autos if they make it to the canopy then I let them go. I wanted to make sure she was getting good airflow, but I'll wait to clean up the rest until after stretch.

I skipped her feeding yesterday (oops) an this morning her res was dry. I mixed up 5 gallons of fresh @Remo Nutrients for her and filled up her res. I keep thinking I may need to mix a plain watering in occasionally, but she looks so good and is growing so well I hate to stop feeding her.

In the last few days I've pulled down a couple of branches that got too high but for the most part I've left her alone to stretch. Her canopy is still mostly even, perhaps getting a little lopsided. She's gets noticeably bigger every day and is starting to get bushy again. She'd completely fill a 24x24 tent and is up to 10" tall. Trichomes are popping up all over and are even coating the fans, making them look a bit dull. And her flowers are stacking and building all over. These ladies love this @VIVOSUN AeroLight and the SGS and it shows!

If Emmy Green was human:-

AF01DE7B-B2DA-4DA9-B70F-B47B91B104A4.jpeg

My good friends at @VIVOSUN have come out with a new AeroLight and a new GrowHub, and they sent me one to try! Right now, I'm using the original AeroLight A100 and the GrowHub E42. Along with an AeroZesh, this allows me to control everything from one app.

Vivosun's new offering is the AeroLight A100SE with a GrowHub E25.
AeroWave SE with GrowHub E25.jpg

So, what's the difference?

Original AeroLight vs. AeroLight SE
The AeroLight is the world's first grow light with an integrated circulatory fan to increase canopy airflow and balance temp and humidity The Red Dot 2022 design award winner has a dimmable driver and sunlike full-spectrum for all stages of growth, and it's programmable and adjustable.

The AeroLight SE is a compact, powerful version of the award winning AeroLight. This light features the same great programmability as the AeroLight along with the integrated fan that have made the AeroLight such an excellent way to grow. It has all these features and still produces 100W at a more compact size and competitive price.

I compared the LED layout. Both use Samsung 301B chips. The SE has fewer specialty LEDs but more LEDs overall.

LEDs (original/se)
Warm White - 80/124
Cool White - 108/196
Blue - 4/0
Red - 34/14
Far-Red - 2/2
UV-a - 4/0
TOTAL LEDs - 232/336

The AeroLight SE still allows you to choose the optimal light spectrum (380-780nm, 660nm, 3000K, 5000K) for better blooms and max PAR at various distances; Better spectrum improves germination rates, blooming times, plant production, and canopy penetration at 100W.

GrowHub 42A vs. GrowHub E25
The GrowHub 42A is the controller for the Vivosun Smart Grow System (SGS). It has both internal and external thermomoeter/hygrometers and can control the lights, exhaust, and circulation fan all at once. It attaches to the outside out your tent magnetically and has a digital readout with controls.

The GrowHub E25 looks more like a USB drive. It plugs directly into the SGS device to control that device. Once you plug it into the AeroLight SE, you can monitor and control the light through the Vivosun app. You can even daily-chain multiple lights using a single GrowHub E25.
GrowHub E25.jpg

Both GrowHub controllers connect to the Vivosun App. Designed by professional growers, the app allows you to manage multiple devices simultaneously, track and display relevant data to improve performance, chart climate changes, examine details or use preprogrammed Grow Recipes to program equipment. All from anywhere through wi-fi.

You can get the VIVOSUN AeroLight A100SE 100W LED Grow Light with an Integrated Circulation Fan and The GrowHub E25 WiFi-Controller for under $150. Don't forget to use the 420 discount code '420MG12' for an extra 12% off.

Everything came in one slim box. It seems well packaged and everything fits snug. It contains the light, power cord, light hangers, GrowHub E25 and an extra cable to daisy-chain another light.

20230117_135735.jpg

20230117_135954.jpg

I plugged the GrowHub into the side of the light and plugged it in.
20230214_145416.jpg

Then I went into the App and added the new device. It saw the new GrowHub and walked me through setting it up. It shows up in the Vivosun app with options for the light and fan, but locks out functions that are not available. It still allows recipes for the components available.
Screenshot_20230117_144732_VIVOSUN.jpg

It's really an incredible light and controller for under $150. Now I need to figure out where/how I'm going to use it. First, I need to get another circuit run to my basement. I'm talking to an electrician this week. Soon, the basement garden will be expanding. I'll be using this beauty soon.

Oh, and if that's not enough, Vivosun also sent me a prototype of their new AeroLight 200W LED. I can't wait to play around with this thing! Time for a new tent!
Screenshot_20230214_153635_WeChat.jpg

#VIVOSUN #AeroLight #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

20230117_135646.jpg

Thanks Trala, I really needed that yesterday. You're the best:green_heart:
I hope everything is okay. If you ever need to talk/vent/whinge, just head to The Tent. It’s like fucking the Dr Phil Show in there at times.

You have friends here. Xo

They got some cool gadgets, and they give em to the right dude. That light with the flip out sides is funky fresh.
Thanks RSR, I can't wait to start showing off this stuff. I'm just about maxed out on power in my basement, but I had an electrician by this morning to quote a 60a sub-panel down there :)

I hope everything is okay. If you ever need to talk/vent/whinge, just head to The Tent. It’s like fucking the Dr Phil Show in there at times.

You have friends here. Xo
Thanks Trala. I'm not sure you'd want anything to do with the crazy in my head, though:rofl: Sometimes I just need to remember to breathe... and taking time with my plants usually helps.

This raises my heart rate! I knew they were going to make a winner with this concept!
Me too! I can't believe it's been sitting in my office for a week :( I have big plans for it, though, I just need to get some infrastructure work done first.

Back
Top Bottom