LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo
Light height and reading - 400w LED @ 60% 24 Inches away - 25-30k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog & Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 5gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 48x48x80 tent in basement
Extraction - Vivosun 6" Variable Speed Extraction fan
2 Oscillating fans + 1 Tower oscillating fan
Weekly temperatures

These girls have had quite the week. We lost power on Monday morning and it was out for about 100 hours. We got power back on Friday afternoon. Fortuately I was able to keep the lights on most of the time supplemented with LED flashlights. Hopefully it will keep them from going into flower, at least for a few more weeks. The temperatures were pretty low and humidity high. They did not drink as much as usual.

The plants came through pretty good and really filled up the veg tent.

I purchased more soil to uppot to 5 gallon cloth pots and went with the Ocean Forest soil this time. I mixed it up with the rest of the Happy Frog, more perlite, and some worm castings with the new soil. Then I mixed in some boiling water and let it steam for a while to make sure there are no bugs/eggs living in it.

I used this new soil to move all three of the plants into 5 gallon cloth pots, their final container. I had never seen a root ball from a cloth pot. I expected the standard root ball with roots wrapped around the outside. Instead there were no visible roots on the outside. At least until you brushed off the outside layer. Then you see that there are fine roots running through the entire root ball all the way up to within a 1/2" or the top. I put a bit of Dynomyco in the root hole as well.

I was able to finish my first grow so I moved these girls into the larger 4x4 tent under the 400w LED. With the additional room I was able to do a bit more LST. I am going to try to fill up the 4x4 tent with these three plants so I need to get them evened out and stretched out as much as possible. I got them spread out pretty well, with two accidents. I broke a main stem on Jenny but was able to get it taped up quickly. I also broke off the apical stem on Betty, who was only going to be LST'd. Oops. They look ugly right now with their fresh LST. They will be looking much better by tomorrow, though.

Happy Growing.
I never heard about using boiling water for bugs when mixing,cool I learned something useful today. Thanks CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom