LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

Following along here. I started in soil, nothing fancy like you, just potting dirt with some perlite and good nutrients in a bottle. I found it much harder to get and keep healthy thriving plants than I do now in DWC, and live in a gnat infested area, so there was no keeping them out with soil inside ..

Looking forward to see what you can do here, you are rocking that DWC first grow!
Thanks @PlanetJ this is only my second grow. So far, I have had a much harder time with soil. I guess the engineer in me likes knowing what is going on in DWC.

I am paranoid about bugs. I grow in my basement. I have bug traps everywhere, and yellow stickies in my pots. I have black carbon fiber filters on all my passive intakes. I still found a ladybug in there tonight. So I will stay paranoid;)

Thanks @PlanetJ this is only my second grow. So far, I have had a much harder time with soil. I guess the engineer in me likes knowing what is going on in DWC.

I am paranoid about bugs. I grow in my basement. I have bug traps everywhere, and yellow stickies in my pots. I have black carbon fiber filters on all my passive intakes. I still found a ladybug in there tonight. So I will stay paranoid;)
Well at least its a ladybug - they eat bad bugs!

Thanks @StoneOtter for dropping in. I did finally happen upon Emilya's post on watering, and it really saved me. I feel I am finally getting a handle on proper watering. Now, If I can convince my Dad to read and follow it then the plants I gave him may have a chance :)
Us old guys are hard nuts sometimes.Watering is one of those things to keep on top of!

Thanks for noticing.... and glad to hear that its "well" suited to your well water. Getting everything to pH balance and accommodate various water types was actually one of the most challenging aspects of choosing what ingredients to use and how we put everything together.

The garden is looking good! Can't wait to see more.
From my homebrewing experience, I know how difficult different water sources can be. Great job of finding that balance.

One question I have about the nutrients. Right now I am watering every 5-6 days. Should I feed every time, or feed and water alternately? Will feeding the plants every time cause too much nutrients?

Thanks again @Prescription Blend for all of your help on this grow!

Everybody got a good watering today.
About 2 liters each, with 300-400ml run off. Did a little more LST on Jenny. Abby is looking much better and filling out nicely. Betty is still growing slowly, but still going. The jury is still out on KC3.

Hello Budman, and top of the morning to ya,, and the rest of the 420 community;
If you don't mind I'd like to follow along with the rest of the group... My first grow was Hindu Kush, so when I came across your title of the grow I came for a peek to see what was going on..Looking good! Looking forward to following your grow... Cheers!!

Welcome @UncleGreen and thanks for following. The Hindu Kush are the first seeds I purchased when I started growing. I am on week# 7 of my first grow, two Hindu Kush and two White Widow from seeds I was given. Right now, my favorite plant is Lorraine, one of the kushs. I am really existed to see how she turns out.

20211208_131637.jpg

20211208_131637.jpg

Veg tent 12/8
Does that little girl have her soil dry out in a similar fashion as the big girls? I would expect her to be quite wet compared to the other ones? If so, I would water her less for a while, till uppotted. pH level good? The rest look awesome .. huge big leafs for not being hydro, not sure how common, but I didnt see em that big :p

Does that little girl have her soil dry out in a similar fashion as the big girls? I would expect her to be quite wet compared to the other ones? If so, I would water her less for a while, till uppotted. pH level good? The rest look awesome .. huge big leafs for not being hydro, not sure how common, but I didnt see em that big :p
Thank you @PlanetJ go look at the pictures before I started using @Prescription Blend . The girls are loving it.
The little one (KC3) is an accidental clone that sat on the windowsill over seven weeks before throwing a couple of roots. She may have started flower while on the windowsill as well. Not sure if she will make it or not.

Prescription Blend sponsored journal
Date: 12/11/21

Strains - Hindu Kush, Purple Haze, and White Widow - All fem and photo.
Light height and reading - 20 Inches away - 15-18k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog + 10% perlite in 2gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 32x32x60 tent in basement
Extraction - Mars Hydro 4" Variable Speed Extraction fan
Days since last feed:11
Days since last water:3
Temp & Humidity

I am going to try to be more consistent in my posting, starting with the intro. I gave the girls a good watering on Wednesday with well water + 3ml/G cal-mag. They took about 2 liters each, with 200-300ml runoff. I also did a little LST on Jenny, and got rid of two big leaves that were blocking a few bud sites. All of the plants are doing great. Well, except KC3. She was an accidental clone that sat in the kitchen windowsill for seven weeks before she threw a couple of roots. When I planted her, I knew it was a long shot. I am not ready to give up yet.

The good news is that KC1 and KC2, the two other accidental clones, are going great in my Dad's tent. He assured me he read Emilya's post on watering (twice!). Now, if I can just get him to get a real light before going to flower. I guess Christmas is coming ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Happy Growing.

Once they get going there's no stopping them! When they have everything they need. I don't grow hydro but those folks have to sleep with one eye open they grow so fast!
Tell me about it. My first grow is finishing up in DWC. I am going to try to get clones from these girls (or possibly just Jenny) and grow them in DWC for the next round.:yummy:

Thanks Krissi. One day I hope to have plants as pretty as yours.
Awwwwww thanks so much, means a lot-honestly. I think you have beautiful plants and the more you grow, the better they will be! Especially now with that @Prescription Blend !

Back
Top Bottom