LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

My first grow did not go quite as expected. I grew four plants in DWC, and planned to get clones before flipping to flower. Then I was going to grow the clones while the first plants flowered to start a two-tent perpetual grow.

When I flipped to flower, though, the plants were really short and I didn't know what to take. I also didn't have the cloner and/or another DWC system ready. So I decided to move forward with the first grow, and just plant some new seeds for the next. I figured I could grow three different plants in soil, veg for 8 weeks, get some clones, and then finish the three soil plants in the 4x4. Meanwhile, I would grow the clones for mothers and/or for the next grow. This would give me some experience with soil, and some time to build out another DWC system for veg.

The problem with that plan, though, is that I don't know anything about growing in soil. I mean, I didn't know anything about growing in DWC either. I did a LOT of research, though. But it's dirt, right? How hard can it be?

This will be my second grow ever, and first in soil. Here we go!

What strain is it? White Widow (Hybrid), Hindu Kush (Indica), & Purple Haze (Hybrid) from seed (420)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg for about a month
Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Veg Tent - 32x32x60 w/ 100w LED
Flower Tent - 48x48x80 w/ 400W LED
Soil - Fox Farms Happy Frog + 10-15% perlite
Size of light? Veg: 100w LED, Flower: 400w LED
Temp of basement? 66-70f
RH of basement? 45% humidity
Temp of tent? 70f
RH of tent? 52% humidity
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? Trying to keep them at bay
Type and strength of ferts used? @Prescription Blend Complete Nutrient Kit

I decided to start the seeds the same way I have been starting them in DWC (not sure why... practice?). I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plug for about an hour in a mild CloneX solution pH'ed to around 6. Then I stick the seed about 1/4 inch into the cube and tear off a corner to cover the hole. I then put the plug in a humidity dome. I put a little bit of clonex solution in the bottom of the tray, but not enough so that the plug is sitting in water. With a heat mat set to 74f and the dome and vents closed, the humidity stays in the 90s. The whole thing then sits under a weak grow light. In 3-4 days, I get a sprout. Once sprouted, I remove the dome vent for the first day to allow it to get acclimated to it's new environment. This takes the humidity down into the low 80s. I take the dome off completely on the second day. Once 1" of root is coming out of the bottom of the cube (usually day 3-4), I move it to my grow medium.

I started with two seeds from 420, a Hindu Kush and White Widow. The kush (Abby) sprouted on the third day looking good. On the fourth day, a stem came up for the white widow, and nothing more. No leaves or anything. Since I had only 1 White Widow seed I got from my Dad, it took me a couple of weeks to get another. IN the meantime, I ordered a some new seeds, Purple Haze. So a couple of weeks later I planted another White Widow and a Purple Haze (also 420). The purple haze (Jenny) came up on the third day. The white widow (Betty) came up as well, but root first. I performed her first surgery. I split the plug and used tweezers to gently remove and flip her. The next day, she sprouted, but with her seed still attached. I kept spraying it with DI water, and eventually it opened, but was still attached by one cotyledon. So, Betty's second surgery was to gently nudge the seed shell off of the cotyledon. It was a success! She was a little stunted at first, but has shaken it off and is growing well, although a week behind Jenny.

For now, I have two other plants in this 32x32 veg tent as well. On my first grow, I accidentally broke a main branch off of Kini, a Hindu Kush. With nothing else to do with it, I cut off a couple of stems and threw them in a mild clonex solution on the kitchen windowsill. A little over two weeks later two of the three started throwing roots in the water. I then planted them in little 4" pots with FFHF and took. I am only keeping them until I can find them a better home (in a few weeks) with my parents.

Since I am a new grower and I love to experiment, I am going to try three different growing techniques with these plants: Abby is the oldest and will be topped, Jenny is the next biggest and will be fimmed, and Betty is the smallest and will be LSTed only.

Abby, being my first soil grow, got planted in Espoma seed starter. I also struggled with watering too much, then not enough. She had a rough start, growing tall with small droopy and yellowed leaves.

The rest of the plants were put into FFHF and did better. The two clones (KC1 & KC2) started yellowing after a week or so, looking for more nutrients. I guess I was thinking that new seeds did not need nutrients; I had no idea that clones did. So, here I am a month into my first soil grow, and I realized that I needed help.

This is where @Prescription Blend comes it. I reached out and Matthew @Prescription Blend offered to rescue my grow. He sent me a 99% off coupon for Amazon, so I got the complete $80 kit for $.83. Unfortunately, it took almost two weeks to arrive. However, I am hoping with their help I can turn this grow around.

About Prescription Blend Nutrients:

**HANDCRAFTED IN SMALL BATCHES AND USED EXCLUSIVELY IN SOME OF OREGON'S PREMIER GARDENS SINCE 2007**

@Prescription Blend uses only "organic, non GMO plant extracts, minerals from biological sources and traditional ingredients".

It is a complete 6 part nutrient kit optimized in medical gardens for use with both hydroponic, coco and soil and brewed to exacting standards. It's 6 components are:

BIO-SI-Liquid innoculent with nitrogen and potassium. A broad and diverse spectrum of naturally occurring, beneficial soil derived microbes.

CORE A-Primary macro-nutrients(Phosphorus, Postassium, Sulfur, Magnesium and fully chelated micronutrients with an amino acid-complex)

CORE B-Nitrogen, Potassium, Calcium

BIG DATA (FLOWER ONLY) Changes NPK ratio

KELPFUL- Combination of several varieties from the N. Atlantic and Tasmanian Islands, loaded with organic fulvic acids

PRECURSOR 1-Metabolic Booster

Prescription Blend is the "result of understanding plant physiology and biochemistry, good old fashioned testing, and responsible gardening practices for a TRUE prescription grade harvest".

Their main mission is to "provide your garden with the highest quality nutrients in a way that preserves our planet"-they even ship in plain brown boxes to reduce footprints!

**Encourages cell division and rapid growth

**Improved nutrient uptake through chelation to organic fulvic acids

**A highly absorbable nitrogen profile that allows plants to orient to capture light as well as build plant tissues

**Their variety of components naturally supports the plants biological signaling, flower growth and development of trichomes

**Drives enzyme function to store and transport energy

**Creates building blocks for oils and terpens while promoting root growth and flower set

RAVING REVIEWS:

"BEST NUTRIENTS I EVER USED"

"THE BEST ORGANIC NUTRIENTS MONEY CAN BUY"

"WHOA!!!!"

"THE CLEAR WINNER IN QUALITY NUTRIENTS"

"ABSOLUTELY UNDERRATED, DO NOT OVERLOOK"

Prescription Blend comes in the best packaging and is easily storable and easy to pour!! It also comes with several pipettes for measuring and mixing. The feeding chart is extremely straight forward and easy to follow.

This is a great sponsorship with a fantastic product. It is a well balanced and well researched formula that is loved on by the growing community.

The only non-organic additions to these nutrients will be Cal-Mag and PH up/down, if needed.

I received the nutrients on 11/26, and gave everyone a good fertigation on 11/27. The Prescription Blend nutrient chart was very simple to read and follow. I LOVED that they included all of the pipettes needed to mix the nutrients; no other measuring devices needed. Finally, after mixing my first batch of nutrients the pH came out at 6.3 with no adjustment needed.

I'm a bit late starting this journal. The first seeds were planted 10/17, but were mishandled so badly and are still trying to catch up. You can definitely see before and after the Prescription Blend (11/27) was used. The plants are looking so much better and growing much bigger.

Abby - Hindu Kush
10/17/21 @ 4:20 - Seed placed in plug. When I was using the tweezers to put her in the plug, she shot out and hit me in the eye :)
10/20 - Sprouted.
10/23 - Put in 4” pot with espoma
11/21 - Moved to 2g fabric pot in HF
11/22 - Topped to third node
11/27 - Fed with Prescription Blend nutrients for first time
12/5 - LSTed.

Abby was the first to sprout, with the others a couple of weeks behind. Therefore, just like the first child, she is the one I have messed up the most ;) I am not sure why I planted her in Espoma, but it has not gone well. I do not think she had nearly enough nutrients. I also have had to learn how to water with her, and I have had issues with both overwatering and underwatering. She had a really rough start as my first seedling in soil. She has been doing much better, though, since being up-potted in FFHF. Since receiving the Prescription Blend, she is really taking off. She has been topped and LST started.

Betty - White Widow
10/31/21 @ 4:20 - Seed placed in plug
11/5 - Sprouted (after upside down & seed helmet)
11/9 - Potted in FFHF in 4” pot
11/27 - Moved to 2g fabric pot in HF, sideways, LST

I really didn't think Betty would survive. She came up root first, then had her seed get stuck. The cotyledons did not look great, and she took a while to get going. She looks like she is going to make it, though. She is LSTed, pinned to the ground, and is starting to grow much better now.

Jenny - Purple Haze
10/31/21 @ 4:20 - Seed placed in plug
11/4 - Sprouted
11/7 - Potted in FFHF in 4” pot
11/27 - FIMmed
12/3 - LSTed sideways

I have high hopes for her, as she had a hint of purple in her first leaves. So far I have made the least mistakes with her as well, and she is a beautiful plant. She has been fimmed and bent over, and is really loving that Prescription Blend.

While LSTing on my first grow, I broke off a large branch. I took off two side shoots, and put all three in the windowsill. The two side shoots threw roots after about 2 1/2 weeks, were planted, and grew well. The main shoot stayed in the windowsill for almost 7 weeks before showing any roots, and even started to flower. The jury is still out as to whether she will survive.

Kini Clone #1 (KC#1) - Hindu Kush
10/16 - Broke off Kini, put in water in kitchen windowsill
11/4 - Planted in 4” pot with HF
11/22 - FIMmed
12/3 - LSTed sideways
12/4 - Adopted by the parents

Kini Clone #2 (KC#2) - Hindu Kush
11/4 - Planted in 4” pot with HF
11/21 - LST to side of pot
12/4 - Adopted by the parents

Kini Cone #3 (KC3) - Hindu Kush
12/4 - Planted in 4" pot with HF

And last, but certainly not least, I want to invite those members that have helped me through my first grow. I feel lucky to have found this site when I started growing, and can't imagine my first grow without the help and support of the people on this forum. All of you have helped me greatly along the way, even if you were not aware ;)

@Bill284
@cjsbabygirl313
@Cola Monster
@East Coast Marley420
@Emilya
@garybo
@Jack420
@Jungle Joseph
@Krissi1982
@Laynexsiren
@mk2SMOKEY
@Morda Grown
@Nine Toed Hippie
@paintedbudman
@Paul Squiggle
@PGA Caddie
@ReeLeaf
@Rexer
@Smokey0418
@sneekymofo
@stinker
@StoneOtter
@Tokin Roll
@West Hippie

Hope that's everyone. Let me know if I left anyone out. Sorry for the long postings...

Thanks Emilya. I should have started this a month ago, but I guess better late than never :)

Oh I am totally in!!!

The Kini clones were a good accident. It goes to show that even stuck on a windowsill in a clear bottle, clones will root. Once they got into the soil and I started the @Prescription Blend they really took off. Fortunately, my Dad just finished his first grow and was looking for some fem plants to raise. The Hindu Kush should make excellent medicine for the parents. Now, if I can only get my Dad to upgrade his 100w light!

And last, but certainly not least, I want to invite those members that have helped me through my first grow. I feel lucky to have found this site when I started growing, and can't imagine my first grow without the help and support of the people on this forum. All of you have helped me greatly along the way, even if you were not aware ;)

@Bill284
@cjsbabygirl313
@Cola Monster
@East Coast Marley420
@Emilya
@garybo
@Jack420
@Jungle Joseph
@Krissi1982
@Laynexsiren
@mk2SMOKEY
@Morda Grown
@Nine Toed Hippie
@paintedbudman
@Paul Squiggle
@PGA Caddie
@ReeLeaf
@Rexer
@Smokey0418
@sneekymofo
@stinker
@StoneOtter
@Tokin Roll
@West Hippie

Hope that's everyone. Let me know if I left anyone out. Sorry for the long postings...
Hello LKABUDMAN,i'm not sure how i've helped you,if anything you have probably helped me haha.
Thanks for the shout-out and just have to agree with you about all the realy helpfull people on here,they are all FAB.

Oh I am totally in!!!
Glad to have you BG. I was reading last night about how you almost broke a branch off your plant, and it made me think of my accidental Kini clones. I may end up with three plants out of that mistake ;)

Glad to have you BG. I was reading last night about how you almost broke a branch off your plant, and it made me think of my accidental Kini clones. I may end up with three plants out of that mistake ;)
Yeah, that branch last night was LITERALLY hanging on by a thread! I was so sick to my stomach!

Hello LKABUDMAN,i'm not sure how i've helped you,if anything you have probably helped me haha.
Thanks for the shout-out and just have to agree with you about all the realy helpfull people on here,they are all FAB.
@mk2SMOKEY I have spent a lot of time reading through grow journals on this site. You may not think your journals are helpful, but I get something from every journal I read. Thanks for stopping by.

I sidnt do anything either except admire your entire grow (and share my f-ups)! Beautiful job Budman!

Back
Top Bottom