LKABudMan's Orange Grove - 4 Mimosa x Orange Punch In RDWC - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

Welcome to my fourth grow!

I live near Lake Anna Virginia with my wife and son and started growing in September 2021 after two months of studying. For my first grow I grew four plants in DWC buckets using Advanced Nutrients. For my second I grew three plants in soil using Prescription Blend nutrients. On my third grow I'm growing four Purple Haze clones in RDWC. I'm really enjoying the RDWC system and plan to use if for my next couple of grows.

This time I plan on putting it all together. The plan is to grow one seed out as a mother then take four clones. I'll root the clones in the DWC cloner then transfer into the RDWC system for veg & flower. So this is really three different grows.

Grow# 1: Grow 1 mother plant in soil for 8 weeks then take 8-10 clones
Grow# 2: Put clones in DWC cloner for 10-14 days until they root
Grow# 3: Put the 4 best clones in the RDWC system for veg & flower (16 weeks)

All together we're talking about 26 weeks, or half a year. I wasn't really going to start this journal for another couple of months, but I'm finding that I need to journal to keep myself accountable. With noone else watching I tend to get lazy. Just starting this journal has forced me to put my plan down in writing and to start tracking feedings. I plan to post to this journal weekly with the progress of the grow.

What am I growing? MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH™ by Barneys Farm
- 65% Indica 35% Sativa
- THC up to 30%
- Effect: Euphoric, Happy, Uplifted
- Plant size: Medium
- Indoor Yield: up to 700 gr/m²
- Flowers: 55-60 days
- Taste/Smell: Citrus | Candy | Mandarin | Orange
- Effects: Euphoric | Happy | Uplifted

Where am I growing? I'll grow the mother & clones in 'The Playpen' then move the clones to 'The Bud Factory' for veg & flower. Both tents are in my basement.
The Playpen:
- 32x32x60 tent
- 100w generic LED
- 4" Mars Hydro variable speed extraction fan, on low
- Passive intake
- 2x6" Oscillating fan on canopy
- Mothers in soil (FFHF+FFOF), clones in DWC cloner
The Bud Factory:
- 48x48x80 Vivosun tent
- Vivosun VS4000 400W LED
- 6" AC Infinity exhaust fan w/ Controller69
- 4" AC Infinity booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- Two 6" Oscillating fans on canopy + 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
Basement:
- Temps: 66-72f Central A/C and heat, radiant heater if needed
- Humidity: 40-55% small humidifier and large dehumidifier if needed

What am I growing in?
- Mother: FFHF+FFOF soil with Prescription Blend & Dynomyco
- Clones: DWC Cloner with 500ppm Clonex solution + Hydroguard pH'ed to 5.8
- RDWC: 13g RDWC buckets, 8" Netpots with clay balls, Mega Crop + bennies
- Water: Carbon-filtered well water @ 100ppm/8.1pH

Any other equipment?
- Heat mat + controller, for starting seeds
- PA Hydroponic Falloponics 4 site RWDC system + res (13g buckets)
- Milwaukee bluelab combo pH & TDS meter
- LUX meter + Photone app
- Wyze V3 Cameras
- Govee thermometer/hygrometers
- Govee water sensors

For my last two grow journals I tagged a bunch of people. Too many? Did I leave people out? This time I'm not doing that. I'll link it to my signature and post links to my other grow journals. If you're here, you found it! Thanks for following along and you're always welcome to ask questions or make suggestions. I hope some of you will find this as fun and helpful as I do. And away we go...

More about MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH™ by Barneys Farm

The Mimosa evolution continues with this new explosive orange flavoured super compact sensation, behold another brand-new super strain from the lab at Barney’s Farm.

Ingeniously created by a further careful back crossing of our famous Orange Punch with the 2020 sensation Mimosa Evo.

This additional genetic infusion resulted in an astounding fast producer of gorgeous smelling bud; beta-caryophyllene, linalool and limonene terpenes create a sensational citrus-like, tangerine-candy sweet aroma. This crossing produced an extra compact plant compared to Mimosa Evo yet manages to maintain the staggering high production performance.

Without a doubt one of the most colourful editions to our Cali Collection, the accompanied photos are from the BF Lab final harvest assessment and feature this elegant plant’s deep gradients of purple, such beauty is rarely seen anywhere in the plant world, a real aesthetic treat for even the most experienced grower.
[pics]

This champion will be an utter delight, a very sturdy plant producing multiple large dense highly resinous and heavy buds, covered in bright orange pistils just dripping in trichomes. During testing it’s been described as an indoor cultivator’s dream! A rapid flowering period of just 55 to 60 days harvesting 700 g/m2.

Outdoors in ideal conditions MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH™ reaches heights of 1.5m – 1.8 metres producing in excess of 1.5kg of huge very compact colas of exquisite and delicious cannabis.

At harvest time the enjoyment of this strain really goes up a notch, dense heavy buds are extremely easy to manicure and with the onset of the ever-increasing delicious citrusy candy orange aromas come to life. THC has been tested at an incredible 30%

MIMOSA X ORANGE PUNCH™ Cannabis Seeds Strain Specifications
Type: Feminised
Photoperiod: Normal
Genetics: Mimosa Evo x Orange Punch
Effect: Euphoric, Happy, Uplifted
Outdoor Yield (g): up to 1.5 kg per plant
Indoor Yield (g): up to 700 gr/m²
Flowering Time (days): 55 - 60
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month: September
Feminised Outdoor Harvest Month Week: 3rd-4th week
Height Indoor (cm): 70-80cm
Height Outdoor (cm): 150-180cm
Height: Medium
Indica %: 65%
Sativa %: 35%
Indica/Sativa: Mostly Indica
Taste: Citrusy Candy Orange
Aroma: Sweet with hints of Mandarin

I started the seed on Sunday, 4/17/22 about 5pm. I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plug for about an hour in a mild CloneX solution pH'ed to around 6. Then I stick the seed about 1/2 inch into the cube and tear off a corner to cover the hole. I put the plug in a humidity dome with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray, but not enough so that the plug is sitting in water. With a heat mat set to 74f and the dome and vents closed, the humidity stays in the 90s. I left it in the dark until Tuesday, then set the light far away and programmed for 20/4 (4am-Midnight).

On Wednesday, 4/20/22, at lights-on, Linda (named after the mother in Bob's Burgers) made her appearance.

I was surprised to see her in 2 1/2 days with no soaking or anything. She is my first 4/20 baby! By the end of the day she was stretching for the light. Two days later, on Friday 4/22/22 she was planted in a 4" pot with FFHF+Perlite. I soaked her with a light calmag solution and left her there. I kept the heat mat on for now since it is somewhat cool in the basement.

Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch - Fem Photo
Light height and reading - 100w LED 20 Inches away - 15-18k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog + 10% perlite in 4" pot
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 32x32x60 tent in basement
Extraction - Mars Hydro 4" Variable Speed Extraction fan
Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

These temperatures may be a little misleading, since the Govee is sitting on a tray that is on the heat mat. I've kept the heat mat in there to keep it warm and it's doing a great job. I also have the humidifier set to 60% and the exhaust down low. It's staying warm and wet in there!

On 4/27 I found a visitor on Linda. My son helped me re-locate this spider outside, and we cleaned up the webs.

I finally got smart enough to weigh a pot with dry soil. It's 150g. After watering Linda thoroughly, she weighs about 300g. That means she's holding about 150ml of water. This makes it really easy to track how wet she is; I even added a simple formula to my spreadsheet. I need to get better about measuring height & width ;)

After that I have been weighing her daily. I was surprised to see that she is mostly draining the pot in 48 hours. She is growing quickly too. Today she got her first little taste of Prescription Blend, just 2ml A+B in a gallon of water. I expect her to explode in growth over the next couple of days. She'll be out of that 4" pot and into her 2gallon in no time!

And here we are today, the first weekly checkin. It's actually Day# 10 above ground for Linda. I was surprised to see that she's mostly draining her pot in 48 hours. She's growing quickly too. Today she got her first little taste of Prescription Blend, just 2ml A+B in a gallon of water. I expect her to explode in growth over the next couple of days. She'll be out of that 4" pot and into her 2gallon in no time!

I plan on fimming at the 5th node to promote lateral growth. It looks like she'll be in her 2gal pot by then. We'll see how she does in her second full week above ground. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

These temperatures may be a little misleading, since the Govee is sitting on a tray that is on the heat mat. I've kept the heat mat in there to keep it warm and it's doing a great job. I also have the humidifier set to 60% and the exhaust down low. It's staying warm and wet in there!

On 4/27 I found a visitor on Linda. My son helped me re-locate this spider outside, and we cleaned up the webs.

I finally got smart enough to weigh a pot with dry soil. It's 150g. After watering Linda thoroughly, she weighs about 300g. That means she's holding about 150ml of water. This makes it really easy to track how wet she is; I even added a simple formula to my spreadsheet. I need to get better about measuring height & width ;)

After that I have been weighing her daily. I was surprised to see that she is mostly draining the pot in 48 hours. She is growing quickly too. Today she got her first little taste of Prescription Blend, just 2ml A+B in a gallon of water. I expect her to explode in growth over the next couple of days. She'll be out of that 4" pot and into her 2gallon in no time!

And here we are today, the first weekly checkin. It's actually Day# 10 above ground for Linda. I was surprised to see that she's mostly draining her pot in 48 hours. She's growing quickly too. Today she got her first little taste of Prescription Blend, just 2ml A+B in a gallon of water. I expect her to explode in growth over the next couple of days. She'll be out of that 4" pot and into her 2gallon in no time!

I plan on fimming at the 5th node to promote lateral growth. It looks like she'll be in her 2gal pot by then. We'll see how she does in her second full week above ground. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Oh! WOW do I get to sit up front of the bus.:popcorn:
Great view everything looks perfect. :thumb:
Hope your having a good weekend Amigo.
Another Stellar one on the way. :surf:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Oh! WOW do I get to sit up front of the bus.:popcorn:
Great view everything looks perfect. :thumb:
Hope your having a good weekend Amigo.
Another Stellar one on the way. :surf:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Welcome @Bill284 can't have a journal without you! Hope you're having a nice weekend, sounds like you'll be busy :)
Subbing in mate.
Hey @DV8 it's going to be a long ride.

Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

Right now there's a small heat mat in there and a humidifier set to 60% as well. With the exhaust fan set to low is is staying warm and moist in the Playpen :) Well, except for when I accidentally turned off the humidifier for a while :(

Measuring the weight of the dry and wet containers made a huge difference. I can tell exactly how much water is in the soil at any time. I can track how much she's drinking, when she may need a little around the edges, and when she needs a full watering.

This is, by far, the quickest growing seedling I've ever grown. In DWC, they're usually slow in the first couple of weeks until they get roots in water. For my last soil grow, I had no idea what I was doing at this stage and was definitely not watering correctly.

One week from sprouting and this girl was already wider than her 4" pot. By the second week she was pushing out her fourth node and was double as wide as the pot. I don't know if this is just a vigorous strain or if I'm doing a that much better a job at starting her. I guess future starts will tell, but right now I'm very happy with her progress.

Today, at day 17 from sprout, Linda was up potted to a 2 gallon cloth pot. I mixed up a bit of Ocean Forest soil with some extra perlite and worm castings. I put this in the cloth pot and packed it a little around a duplicate 4" pot packed with soil. This weighed about 16.7 lbs. I then watered the soil a bit to make sure it was packed in well. When I took out the duplicate 4" pot, it left a perfect fit for the root ball. I sprinkled in some Dynomyco and the pot was ready for the transplant.

I then sprayed the root ball with water and sprinkled on some Dynomyco (the spray helps it stick). Everything went in the new pot and I watered it thoroughly. She's so short I had to make a couple of supports to keep her bottom leaves from touching the soil. She was quite dry when I uppotted, so I expect her to lose that droop pretty quickly.

I'll probably top her soon to encourage even more lateral growth. I want to make sure there are plenty of shoots to clone, but that's not looking like a problem right now. With probably six more weeks until I'm ready to take clones I think she'll have plenty to choose from :) Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week!

Guess I'll have a seat behind Bill.

Budman, do you prefer growing multiple clones due to the uniformity you should get? Or, as some might suspect, are you just being frugal with your seeds? :laughtwo:

It's both @Grand Daddy Black I only bought a 3-pack of seeds because it's less expensive. Mainly, though, I like the uniformity of clones in the RDWC. I know I should be able feed them the same and they'll be happy. I plan on trying 4 different seeds in the RDWC at some point, but I'm going to get used to the system with clones.

It's both @Grand Daddy Black I only bought a 3-pack of seeds because it's less expensive. Mainly, though, I like the uniformity of clones in the RDWC. I know I should be able feed them the same and they'll be happy. I plan on trying 4 different seeds in the RDWC at some point, but I'm going to get used to the system with clones.
That makes so much sense, being in an RDWC system and using the nets as you do. The clones should make it easier to keep everything "fit." :Rasta:

Date: 5/13/22 - Day 24 from seed
Light height and reading - 100w LED 18 Inches away - 20k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 2g cloth pot
Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

Temperatures have been fairly steady this week. I tried turning up the humidifier to 65%, but it wanted to stay closer to 70%. So, I turned it back down to 60%.

I think last week I was bragging about how this is the fastest growing seedling I had so far. Well, she must have heard me. Between the uppot and the topping this week she's hardly grown at all. I think I was a little hasty on the uppot and could have waited another week, until after she was topped.

She got her first good dose of Prescription Blend yesterday and started taking right off. Right now she is on a 4-5 day wet/dry cycle so I'll be giving her a few edge feedings in between to keep her going.

Today I can see that she is getting more bushy after the topping. I can also really see her FIM site starting to grow. Her lowest fans had been touching the soil so they were yellowing badly. Today they were brown and curled up, so they got the chop. They were going sooner or later anyways.

If I was flowering this plant I may be starting LST this week. As it is, her lower nodes look to be growing great. I'll see how they grow this week and determine if I need to do any LST. Other than that I'm just weighing her daily and feeding when needed.

Have a great week everyone!

Date: 5/20/22 - Day 31 from seed
Light height and reading - 100w LED 16 Inches away - 25k LUX
Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

Temperatures are staying steady in the basement and the humidifier is keeping the VPD in the right range. It looks like the humidifier is working less lately as the plant gets larger and adds more if it's own humidity. I may need to turn up the exhaust fan soon.

Linda's in her 2gallon cloth pot now and has settled on a 3-4 day wet-dry cycle. I'm giving her a little bit on the edges on day# 3 to get her comfortably to day#4. When I went to feed her yesterday she was just starting to droop. I thought I'd be moving to a 3 day watering cycle soon, but when I went and checked her this morning she looks like she is ready for a 2 day cycle. I'll probably just give her some on the edges on day 2 for now, but she is moving right along!

Well, any issues she was having with the uppot and topping were gone as soon as I gave her a full PB feeding. After her feeding I tucked the two top fans under the buds that were coming up. Since that she's exploded in growth. She has four main buds coming up from the middle FIM site, and her lateral buds are catching up quickly. She's growing like a little bush! I'm really happy with how she's growing as it bodes well for the clones.
Normally, I'd be thinking about additional training now. Since I'm just growing her as a mother, I'm going to just leave her alone and see what happens. I may end up needing to train her just to open the middle a bit, but I'm hoping she will take care of that herself. Just looking at her today she is really growing OUT!

I'm still about 3-4 weeks out from taking clones, so just another week of growing for Linda. Have a fantastic weekend and I'll see you next week!

Obviously she likes the way you're treating her! Lovely lady! :thumb:

Date: 5/27/22 - Day 38 from seed
Light height and reading - 100w LED 14 Inches away - 30k LUX
Nutrients - Prescription Blend
Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

I don't have the VPD controls in this tent that I do in the flower tent. I have a variable speed exhaust, but I have to set/change it manually. The trick is finding the optimal exhause speed to retain as much heat and humidity as possible while still giving the plants plenty of fresh air. In my basement, with 1 plant at this age, I have it at about 10%. I have two fans for airflow in the tent. If she's lacking co2, she sure doesn't show it. And with the exhaust on low, I don't need to run a humidifier in the tent. I'm still tweaking it, though.

She is drying out quicker and quicker. She has gone from water every three days down to every two. I had to adjust my %wet formula on the last feeding because she read -12%. I had the bottom weight set at 3000g, and I think it's really closer to 2700g (about 6 pounds). BTW, if you're wondering why I'm measuring in grams instead of pounds, it's because the metric system is superior in every way ;)

Case in point: 1 ml of water weighs about 1g. So, if my plant is dry @ 2700g and I add 2.5L of water, I know my plant should weigh around 5200g. That also lets me easily calculate exactly how much water she's drinking per day just by weighing her and subtracting it from the weight the day before. Try doing that with cups and pounds!

She had a spray of SNS 217-C as a preventative since I found spider mites in my other tent. Today she got watered with some SNS 209. I haven't seen any bugs on her yet, but I'm not going to wait until I do. Better safe than sorry.

I was planning on letting her just grow wild, but when I went in to water her today she was really full in the middle. There was a little wetness where the leaves were touching, too. So I decided to thin her out a little. I haven't done any LST on her yet, but I think I'm going to start that soon. Sure, she has plenty of nodes for clones as it is. She is just such a pretty plant, I can't help but try to make shape her into a beauty. I should be able to bring down those top branches pretty easily, and all the buds in the middle will take off. BTW, after pinching some leaves this morning my fingers smell like citrus!

Before Defoliation

After Defoliation

Have a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend everyone and stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom