LKABudMan's Orange Grove - 4 Mimosa x Orange Punch In RDWC - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

Date: 9/29/22 - Day# 46 of Flower (W7D4)
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch photo clones x 4
Grow space - VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - VIVOSUN VSF6450 645w LED @ 100% 14 Inches away - 60-70k LUX
Extraction - 6" extraction fan
3x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients M+G+B, Overdrive, Bud Candy, Purpinator, Hydroguard, z7, Epsom
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)
Weekly Temperatures

I've tightened up the humidity in the tent in the last week, keeping it on the low end of 50. As flower progresses and the buds get bigger and tighter I want to make sure the humidity stays in the low 50s / high 40s at all times.

I'm still just giving them water since the nute change, but it looks like they will need a boost soon. The PPMs are continually trending down now and my plan is to feed them when PPMs drop below 1400. After the additions of pH up last week, the pH is staying steady now with just well water (100ppm/8.0).

The buds are still getting bigger and frostier. I've squeezed a couple and they're very dense, even the lowers. I'm starting to get a bit of purple in there as well. Go ladies GO!

Have a great weekend!

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
Wow budman amazing growth and am lovin all the detail involved in this. Excellent work

Date: 9/20/22 - Day# 37 of Flower (W6D2)
Light height and reading - VIVOSUN VSF6450 645w LED @ 100% 14 Inches away - 60-70k LUX
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients M+G+B, B-52, Overdrive, Bud Candy, Purpinator, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7

When I checked the res this morning, it had gone down 2-3 gallons. But the PPMs had gone up to 1770ppm, over 3.5EC. Too high! I took out 5 gallons of nutes and replaced it with 5 gallons of water. I also added 5ml of pH down to bring the pH down a little bit.

I'm seeing a bit more tip burn than I like so I'm going to let them come down to about 1300 and see how they do.

The buds are still building and putting on weight. Today I nudged the net and it was good to see the sway of branches with some weight on them. The frost in this tent is incredible and goes all the way to the lowest buds. It's even coating the leaves and stems in places.

Have a great week and enjoy the start of Fall/Spring!

Looking good, I have a question. Why do you want the humidity at that level? I’m still learning and it seems kind of low. Thanks CL🍀

Date: 9/20/22 - Day# 37 of Flower (W6D2)
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients M+G+B, B-52, Overdrive, Bud Candy, Purpinator, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7

When I checked the res this morning, it had gone down 2-3 gallons. But the PPMs had gone up to 1770ppm, over 3.5EC. Too high! I took out 5 gallons of nutes and replaced it with 5 gallons of water. I also added 5ml of pH down to bring the pH down a little bit.

I'm seeing a bit more tip burn than I like so I'm going to let them come down to about 1300 and see how they do.

The buds are still building and putting on weight. Today I nudged the net and it was good to see the sway of branches with some weight on them. The frost in this tent is incredible and goes all the way to the lowest buds. It's even coating the leaves and stems in places.

Have a great week and enjoy the start of Fall/Spring!

Good morning, looking good !

Wow budman amazing growth and am lovin all the detail involved in this. Excellent work
Thanks @GreenFingaz
Looking good, I have a question. Why do you want the humidity at that level? I’m still learning and it seems kind of low. Thanks CL🍀
Thanks @CaptainLucky . The lower humidity isn't great for the VPD (too high) and it could cause the plants to slow down respitation a little. However, it virtually assures me that I won't have any PM or budrot. At this point in the grow I'll take that trade-off.
Good morning, looking good !
Good morning @The70’s and thanks.

Thanks @GreenFingaz

Thanks @CaptainLucky . The lower humidity isn't great for the VPD (too high) and it could cause the plants to slow down respitation a little. However, it virtually assures me that I won't have any PM or budrot. At this point in the grow I'll take that trade-off.

Good morning @The70’s and thanks.
Thanks, cool. I learned something new and I just ordered a new tent so that’s good to know. CL🍀

How are your girls doing? Mine are confusing the hell out of me. I thought my outdoor Mimosas were almost done, all the upper buds had gone full red hair last week, but all this rain must have sent them back into production?! They went back to the Guy Fieri stage, all white hairs standing up at attention. I have no idea when these broads will finish up, but frost weather is coming in fast and I'm not lugging them in and out every night. The wife already complains that I smell like "candy and BO" every time I futz with them.
I figured I'd end up a week or two behind your harvest. Mine don't have quite the heavy snow that yours do, but man o man are they dank and sticky!

How are your girls doing? Mine are confusing the hell out of me. I thought my outdoor Mimosas were almost done, all the upper buds had gone full red hair last week, but all this rain must have sent them back into production?! They went back to the Guy Fieri stage, all white hairs standing up at attention. I have no idea when these broads will finish up, but frost weather is coming in fast and I'm not lugging them in and out every night. The wife already complains that I smell like "candy and BO" every time I futz with them.
I figured I'd end up a week or two behind your harvest. Mine don't have quite the heavy snow that yours do, but man o man are they dank and sticky!
Mmmmmmm, candy and bo:drool:

Just wanted to ask you about dehumidifiers.
I haven't had plant issues due to high humidity for quite a few grows but it does run higher than I like.
I am researching them and would like input.
I have two grow areas that are pretty much identical with a closure between them that's only practical effect is to block light if the two grow areas are on different light schedules. I want one unit to dehumidify both areas when the closure is not in use.

Factors:
Cubic area of both rooms combined equals 512 cubic feet.
Sealed grow area, but not airtight. Inkbird controlled exhaust set to operate if temps exceed upperlimit of ACs setting. Only runs in heat of summer.
Two 18gal reservoirs
Thermostat controlled ACs in each grow area that can be run in recirculation mode.

From what I've read, if my understanding is right.
If I'm adding 3 gallons to each reservoir daily that would give me 48 pints a day in the air. That's a lot of water.

I would like to be able to use the tank in the unit rather than a drain hose because I want to be able to move the unit around, to get it out of my way, when working on the plants or doing maintenance.
Most of the units that claim to remove the amount of water I want, have little tanks. I wouldn't want to empty the tank more than once a day. :rolleyes:

Sorry about the length of post, but you have studied up on the issue and have an engineering background which I don't. :rolleyes:

Date: 10/5/22 - Day# 52 of Flower (W7D4)
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients M+G+B, Overdrive, Bud Candy, Purpinator, Hydroguard, z7, Epsom
Weekly Temperatures

Controlling the temperatures in the basement is more difficult now than it was last year. I have two other tents in the basement now along with a dehumidifier that runs most of the time. In the summer it's not a problem because the A/C is running. The winter I can cool it down easily. The spring and fall, though, can be tough. It's not quite cold enough outside to cool it down, or it's too humid to even try. I've had to keep the house A/C on this week to keep it cool down there. Luckily, it's getting down into the 30's this weekend (close to 0 Celsius). I should really be able to give them some cool temperature coming into the end of this grow.

I gave them 3g of nutes this weekend. It was the same nutes I took out on 9/23, they were kept in a bucket with an airstone. It had been two weeks since I'd added anything except water, and they were below 1400ppm (2.8ec). I'll let them go at least another week with no more nutes and see where the res ends up.

I'm not quite sure what to think about these buds. They are definitely not building the way I expected.

Everything seemed to be going great, right up until the last res change. I went for 100% of AN and I think it was too much. Then I should have bought it down quicker, but reacted slowly.

Since then most of the white pistils have disappeared. Heck, most of the pistils in general. It seems like the calyx closed up and the buds don't seem to be building much. I can tell they're still putting on weight, but not nearly as much as I would expect for buds at the end of week# 7.

Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of sticky dense frosty bud in there. I guess I just expected more building from the buds and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I went ahead and took a few tric pictures today. I saw plenty of clear trics, as I expected. I saw quite a few ambers, which I was not expecting.

So, here's where I'd love some opinions from you guys. Did I fry these buds, or am I just being impatient? Are these buds almost ready, or should I leave them alone and let them keep building?

Right now my plan is to leave them be and keep giving them water. I'm still hopeful that they'll put on more weight, even with some burned up leaves. If not I'll still have a bunch yummy bud ;)

Confusing would be a good word. Mine are inside in the tent, though, and I'm in no hurry to finish them. I'm leaving them alone for now, but mostly because I'm too stubborn to quit on them. Maybe they'll all get white hairs again, too!

It's supposed to be pretty dry for the next couple of weeks, though, so you may be able to let them go for a while.
Mmmmmmm, candy and bo:drool:
:yummy:

Just wanted to ask you about dehumidifiers.
I haven't had plant issues due to high humidity for quite a few grows but it does run higher than I like.
I am researching them and would like input.
I have two grow areas that are pretty much identical with a closure between them that's only practical effect is to block light if the two grow areas are on different light schedules. I want one unit to dehumidify both areas when the closure is not in use.

Factors:
Cubic area of both rooms combined equals 512 cubic feet.
Sealed grow area, but not airtight. Inkbird controlled exhaust set to operate if temps exceed upperlimit of ACs setting. Only runs in heat of summer.
Two 18gal reservoirs
Thermostat controlled ACs in each grow area that can be run in recirculation mode.

From what I've read, if my understanding is right.
If I'm adding 3 gallons to each reservoir daily that would give me 48 pints a day in the air. That's a lot of water.

I would like to be able to use the tank in the unit rather than a drain hose because I want to be able to move the unit around, to get it out of my way, when working on the plants or doing maintenance.
Most of the units that claim to remove the amount of water I want, have little tanks. I wouldn't want to empty the tank more than once a day. :rolleyes:

Sorry about the length of post, but you have studied up on the issue and have an engineering background which I don't. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, I'm a Software Engineer ;) I will tell you I use the Midea 50 Pint SmartDry Dehumidifier. The bucket holds 1.6g.

Date: 10/5/22 - Day# 52 of Flower (W7D4)
Weekly Temperatures

Controlling the temperatures in the basement is more difficult now than it was last year. I have two other tents in the basement now along with a dehumidifier that runs most of the time. In the summer it's not a problem because the A/C is running. The winter I can cool it down easily. The spring and fall, though, can be tough. It's not quite cold enough outside to cool it down, or it's too humid to even try. I've had to keep the house A/C on this week to keep it cool down there. Luckily, it's getting down into the 30's this weekend (close to 0 Celsius). I should really be able to give them some cool temperature coming into the end of this grow.

I gave them 3g of nutes this weekend. It was the same nutes I took out on 9/23, they were kept in a bucket with an airstone. It had been two weeks since I'd added anything except water, and they were below 1400ppm (2.8ec). I'll let them go at least another week with no more nutes and see where the res ends up.

I'm not quite sure what to think about these buds. They are definitely not building the way I expected.

Everything seemed to be going great, right up until the last res change. I went for 100% of AN and I think it was too much. Then I should have bought it down quicker, but reacted slowly.

Since then most of the white pistils have disappeared. Heck, most of the pistils in general. It seems like the calyx closed up and the buds don't seem to be building much. I can tell they're still putting on weight, but not nearly as much as I would expect for buds at the end of week# 7.

Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of sticky dense frosty bud in there. I guess I just expected more building from the buds and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I went ahead and took a few tric pictures today. I saw plenty of clear trics, as I expected. I saw quite a few ambers, which I was not expecting.

So, here's where I'd love some opinions from you guys. Did I fry these buds, or am I just being impatient? Are these buds almost ready, or should I leave them alone and let them keep building?

Right now my plan is to leave them be and keep giving them water. I'm still hopeful that they'll put on more weight, even with some burned up leaves. If not I'll still have a bunch yummy bud ;)

Confusing would be a good word. Mine are inside in the tent, though, and I'm in no hurry to finish them. I'm leaving them alone for now, but mostly because I'm too stubborn to quit on them. Maybe they'll all get white hairs again, too!

It's supposed to be pretty dry for the next couple of weeks, though, so you may be able to let them go for a while.

:yummy:
Brilliant update. :thumb:
30 f there crap I'm in trouble up here. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't panic and chop.
But I don't see a single white pistil.
All the calyxes are full and ripe to the point of popping.
Trics are thick and consistent in their signaling of near death.
So the signs point to being ready just up to you.
Hope everything is going well my friend. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Ha! My big chance to drop some opinion wisdom! :Rasta:

I think you got a pheno that produces compact smallish buds. I'll bet there're a bunch of them in there!

And based on the trich pics and overall condition of the buds, they are nearly done. I'd be really surprised if you see any new white pistils or much more bulking.

Give them a week or so at a reduced ppm and get out your choppers!

Happy harvesting!

She didn't make very big buds, it's true, but what she made looks and smells so good that I don't even care. The best bud I ever had (A true 1999 Sour Diesel) only came in popcorn buds, but it would get you almost drunk after 3 hits.
I'm hoping this is a similar situation.

Unfortunately I found a spot of bud rot today, and although it was an isolated spot, the outdoor girls are coming down on Friday in response. Can't risk losing any more.
In your situation, I'd flush the shit out of them and if I didn't see any new growth in a week, Tiiiiiiimbeeeer!
...But I'm quick to chop and move on, don't like to let the grass grow around me...

Are you satisfied with it? Does it do the job?
I am looking at it on Amazon.
I bought it for the pump feature, and the pump ended up working less than a year. That said, it's been a solid dehumidifier and keeps my entire basement down in the 40s.

I would buy it again, but I would definitely pay for the extended warranty. Especially for something that will be running 24/7/365.

Back
Top Bottom