LKABudMan's Orange Grove - 4 Mimosa x Orange Punch In RDWC - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

Looking stunning as usual LKABudMan!

If you've got a few extra bucks, you can always pick up a condensate pump. Hook the dehumidifier up to drain to the pump, which will turn on when full and pump it to wherever (drain, sink, etc).
That's a great idea @Rexer Thanks. The dehumidifier has a pump built in but it's failing. It also has a drain built in. I already have my 'sink' in the basement, a big tote with a sump pump. I just need to get the dehumidifier drain a little higher for that to work. If that doesn't work I'll get a condensate pump as you suggest. Thanks again for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Garden is spectacular my friend, stellar update as usual. :welldone:
What are you planning for the clones?
Hope everything is good Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Hey @Bill284 Thanks. I already gave away 4 of the clones, and my dad's taking 3 of them. I have 4 in the RDWC and I'll keep one in soil as a mother. I planted one outside two weeks ago. It was doing good until a storm last week broke the stem at the base :(

That still leaves me with a dozen clones. My son says he's going to go plant some 'near the creek', but they're still sitting on the kitchen windowsill ;) I'm thinking of planting one outside, this time with some bamboo support. I don't get a lot of sun in the backyard with all the trees but it would still be fun to see what happens.

My brother has offered to take any additional clones I have left. He's going to throw them out in his backyard/greenhouse and let them go. That's fine with me. I'm looking forward to getting rid of these clones in the next week or two and getting my playpen tent back. I think I'll get plenty of bud out of the RDWC tent anyways ;)

Your greenhouse is looking fantastic BTW. Those plants are loving that Medic-8. It'll be good to have that light in there through flower, should make for some killer buds. Take it easy mucker and have a great weekend.

Hey @Bill284 Thanks. I already gave away 4 of the clones, and my dad's taking 3 of them. I have 4 in the RDWC and I'll keep one in soil as a mother. I planted one outside two weeks ago. It was doing good until a storm last week broke the stem at the base :(

That still leaves me with a dozen clones. My son says he's going to go plant some 'near the creek', but they're still sitting on the kitchen windowsill ;) I'm thinking of planting one outside, this time with some bamboo support. I don't get a lot of sun in the backyard with all the trees but it would still be fun to see what happens.

My brother has offered to take any additional clones I have left. He's going to throw them out in his backyard/greenhouse and let them go. That's fine with me. I'm looking forward to getting rid of these clones in the next week or two and getting my playpen tent back. I think I'll get plenty of bud out of the RDWC tent anyways ;)

Your greenhouse is looking fantastic BTW. Those plants are loving that Medic-8. It'll be good to have that light in there through flower, should make for some killer buds. Take it easy mucker and have a great weekend.
Thank you my friend. :thanks:
I looking forward to a dry sunny fall. ;)
Have a great weekend.

Stay safe

That's a great idea @Rexer Thanks. The dehumidifier has a pump built in but it's failing. It also has a drain built in. I already have my 'sink' in the basement, a big tote with a sump pump. I just need to get the dehumidifier drain a little higher for that to work. If that doesn't work I'll get a condensate pump as you suggest. Thanks again for stopping by and have a great weekend.
I rigged my dehumidifier to drain into a condensation pump ($50 on the zon), and ran the condensation pump drain into my hime AC unit condensation drain line.....works like a champ.

Garden is looking great man! First time quadlining?

Beautiful healthy plants there bruv!

Good job.
Thanks @Trala
I rigged my dehumidifier to drain into a condensation pump ($50 on the zon), and ran the condensation pump drain into my hime AC unit condensation drain line.....works like a champ.

Garden is looking great man! First time quadlining?
Thanks @Timhomegrow yea this is my first quadline. They are really turning out nice.

Date: 7/29/22 - Day 33 in RDWC
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch photo clones x 4
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 80% 18 Inches away - 45k LUX
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7, Purpinator
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)
Temperatures

Happy Friday! I still haven't fixed the dehumidifier, but I've been emptying it morning and night. It's getting old, though, and I need to make a permanent solution. Even with that, temperatures and RH are really good in the tent right now. It's really hot outside, but the basement is staying nice and cool.

These ladies are really chomping some nutes. The PPMs are steadily falling and the pH is rising. I mixed up an 18 gallon batch of full-strength nutes (6g/G MC+) and have them bubbling at 5.8pH in the spare res. I'm using that for top-offs to keep the res PPM steady/increasing in the next week or two. I'm also adding 1-2ml pH down per day to slowly bring the pH back down to 5.8. Since I add it to the res and it takes a while to circulate through the system, it would be really easy to overshoot and go too low. It's not too far off so there's no reason to try to do it all in one day. They're drinking 2-3 gallons/day now and I'm hoping to get up to 6 gallons/day (1.5 gallons each) in flower.

I've got the scrog net at 16" above the buckets and the plants are starting to grow into it. I had to remove about a dozen of the larger fan leaves at the top just to see some buds. I'm going down every day and moving branches around to fill the net. While I do, I'm also trimming every day. Yesterday I removed all of the 'suckers', or branches growing from the bottom side of another branch. I'm also doing more toppings as the quad branches reach the 5th node. I'll continue to tuck and trim every day until the net is full of the buds I want. I'll try to remember to take before & after pictures every day for the next week to show the progress.

It's only been a couple of days and the net is nearly full already. I have a 400w LED board in the tent and it doesn't really cover the edges. I'm not worried about filling the edges of the net, but I do want the middle completely filled before flipping to flower. At the rate they're growing I expect that to happen within a week.

These girls are growing quickly and the lateral branching is going crazy.

I still have a plan for this grow, quadline and 16 buds per plant. While I'm not abandoning that plan, I'm also not going to stick to the plan rigidly for no reason. My goal is still no larf, and all top buds. I want to fill the scrog net while still making sure that each bud has plenty of room. I already lost one branch so I'm being very careful. I'm also trying really hard not to rush this grow. I know that if I rush now I'll just get frustrated and end up ripping an arm or two off. Instead I'm watching the plants grow, and gently guiding them to where they need to be. If that takes an extra week or two that's fine.

BTW, the other clones are doing just fine. I got rid of a few, and I'll be dropping off more this weekend. I'll keep the best one for a mother, and I may plant one outside just for kicks.

I know that in a week or two these girls will be in flower and hands-off. So I'm going to enjoy shaping and trimming them over the next week or so. Have a fantastic weekend and I'll see you again next week.
Good morning budman, garden is looking fantastic...

Thanks @HappyHazmat88 I still can't believe they've only been in the RDWC for 33 days... they grow so quickly. Hope you're having a great weekend.
Right Everytime I see "hydro" plants I want to give it a go.... They grow soooooo quickly lol

But yea had work this morning for an hour and now home for the day with kiddo and chick.

Hope your enjoying this fine day as well.

Date: 8/1/22 - Day# 36 in RDWC
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 80% 18 Inches away - 45k LUX
3x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan

It's hard to believe it's only been two weeks since these girls were quadlined. Back on 7/15 I topped each plant and then removed the bottom 4 nodes, leaving node 5 & 6.

On Saturday, I went down to spread them out and removed a bit more.

On Sunday we all rested. I figured a day with no snipping or tucking would give them a break. This morning you could tell it had been a couple of days.

They've gotten way too bushy. I decided to really clean them up, going back to the original plan: 16 buds on each plant. It's hard to remove healthy buds when you have bushy plants. Those branches would end up to be bud! However, they'd end up being larfy bud, and taking energy away from the top buds. I have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this: give priority to the top buds & NO LARF! Quality over quantity.

I ended up keeping closer to 20-22 branches on each plant, mostly because the first node on the branches looked so good I couldn't get rid of them. I got rid of everything else. Each main branch now has up to 6 sub-branches (nodes 1, 3, & 5). All of the 'micro-branches' on the sub-branches were removed, essentially lollipopping them.

Sometimes it was hard to determine if the node was North-South or East-West, coming from somewhere in the middle. In some cases, I left a little more than I planned. I'll see how they fill in before I determine what more may need to be removed. As I weave them in the next week I'll keep removing side branches. I expect them to fill the net this week and be flipped to flower.

Oh, I've been watching the res for roots since the last time they ran through there. Today, I saw roots peeking through the bulkhead in the res. I slipped on a glove and pulled them back through to Louise's bucket. She really wants to grow into the res ;)

Also, I received a shipment from @Prescription Blend this weekend and boy did they hook me up! Two full quart-sized kits.

I also have a prize pack from @Remo Nutrients so my nute shelf is getting full. Task# 1 is to use the rest of the AN that I have left from my first grow. I'm thinking of switching up to AN when I change the res in a week or so. I think I have everything to run these girls through flower with AN and I need to get it off the shelf. I'll save the Remo and PB for the next grow.

Finally, my son harvested his first auto this weekend. It was a freebie seed, Wedding Cheesecake from FastBuds. He grew it in a 3g Geopot in Sohum soil amended with @GeoFlora Nutrients under a 250w lights. It started flowering at around 20 days. It's a cute little plant with some serious stank on it :) He has another, a Do-si-do Auto from Barney's Farm that is still putting on weight.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Date: 8/1/22 - Day# 36 in RDWC
3x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan

It's hard to believe it's only been two weeks since these girls were quadlined. Back on 7/15 I topped each plant and then removed the bottom 4 nodes, leaving node 5 & 6.

On Saturday, I went down to spread them out and removed a bit more.

On Sunday we all rested. I figured a day with no snipping or tucking would give them a break. This morning you could tell it had been a couple of days.

They've gotten way too bushy. I decided to really clean them up, going back to the original plan: 16 buds on each plant. It's hard to remove healthy buds when you have bushy plants. Those branches would end up to be bud! However, they'd end up being larfy bud, and taking energy away from the top buds. I have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this: give priority to the top buds & NO LARF! Quality over quantity.

I ended up keeping closer to 20-22 branches on each plant, mostly because the first node on the branches looked so good I couldn't get rid of them. I got rid of everything else. Each main branch now has up to 6 sub-branches (nodes 1, 3, & 5). All of the 'micro-branches' on the sub-branches were removed, essentially lollipopping them.

Sometimes it was hard to determine if the node was North-South or East-West, coming from somewhere in the middle. In some cases, I left a little more than I planned. I'll see how they fill in before I determine what more may need to be removed. As I weave them in the next week I'll keep removing side branches. I expect them to fill the net this week and be flipped to flower.

Oh, I've been watching the res for roots since the last time they ran through there. Today, I saw roots peeking through the bulkhead in the res. I slipped on a glove and pulled them back through to Louise's bucket. She really wants to grow into the res ;)

Also, I received a shipment from @Prescription Blend this weekend and boy did they hook me up! Two full quart-sized kits.

I also have a prize pack from @Remo Nutrients so my nute shelf is getting full. Task# 1 is to use the rest of the AN that I have left from my first grow. I'm thinking of switching up to AN when I change the res in a week or so. I think I have everything to run these girls through flower with AN and I need to get it off the shelf. I'll save the Remo and PB for the next grow.

Finally, my son harvested his first auto this weekend. It was a freebie seed, Wedding Cheesecake from FastBuds. He grew it in a 3g Geopot in Sohum soil amended with @GeoFlora Nutrients under a 250w lights. It started flowering at around 20 days. It's a cute little plant with some serious stank on it :) He has another, a Do-si-do Auto from Barney's Farm that is still putting on weight.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Excellent update Amigo :ciao:
Hope everything is a good as your garden.

Stay safe

Every time I'm in here I'm in ore of how well controlled you have everything! :thumb: And the plants look amazing great work growmie :green_heart:
Thanks @Gandalfthewhite and I'm glad it looks that way. I've been stressing about how much to cut off these girls for a week now and yesterday finally had enough. I decided to really trim back one of the girls, then couldn't stop ;)
You really do grow like an absolute boss, bruv.

You’ve defs made my mental Top 5 Growers list! It’s a prestigious award, but with no prizes.

Lollingg
Thanks @Trala That means a lot. I wish I could put that title in my sig: 'Trala's Top 5 Grower' :)
Excellent update Amigo :ciao:
Hope everything is a good as your garden.

Stay safe
Hey @Bill284 everything is good here, just hot and steamy. I'm looking forward to some cool weather.
Girls are looking great!
Thanks @Timhomegrow I'm looking forward to putting them in flower soon!

Back
Top Bottom