LKABudMan's Orange Grove - 4 Mimosa x Orange Punch In RDWC - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

Date: 8/3/22 - Day# 38 in RDWC
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch photo clones x 4
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 80% 16 Inches away - 55k LUX
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7, Purpinator
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

I think it's time to flip to flower on this grow. The right side of the tent is full and growing above the net. The left side is still filling in a bit (thanks to a broken arm), but it looks like it'll be done in a day or two. I'm flipping the light schedule tonight to 12/12 (8a-8p) and will let them start stretching. The first net is 16" above the pots, and the tallest bud is at 22". I'll put a second net about 10" above the first to manage the stretch and make sure they're growing evenly and spaced appropriately. I can still use the bottom net to tie down/LST branches if needed. The goal is to manage the stretch so that all of the buds are the same distance from the light.

They're still drinking about 2 gallons/day right now. I'm adding full-stregth nutes with enough pH down to keep it in the 5.8-6.0 range. I'll keep it here for another week, then I'll do a res change.

I learned from the last grow that I really don't want to mess with the flowers, especially after pistils have formed. So I want to get everything in place in the next week so that I can just let them grow into the second net without much handling. With any luck I'll have a tent full of flowers next week :)

Those are shaping up to become a lotta' weed, BudMan! Looking forward to seeing the stretch. :Rasta:

Hey mate, another beautiful grow well under way. They get so big so fast it never ceases to amaze me.

Just out of curiosity, and because i purchased plenty of Barneys including the Evo and Orange punch cross, have you any pros and cons to share with the Orange punch cross?

What Im always looking for is size comparisons, yeild, smell, resultant smoke analysis, flowering times, disease resistance etc.

Any details appreciated. If its easier let me ask what you do and dont like about them. Doesnt need to be a white paper, just whatever info you have time to relate will be fine.

Date: 8/3/22 - Day# 38 in RDWC
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 80% 16 Inches away - 55k LUX
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan

I think it's time to flip to flower on this grow. The right side of the tent is full and growing above the net. The left side is still filling in a bit (thanks to a broken arm), but it looks like it'll be done in a day or two. I'm flipping the light schedule tonight to 12/12 (8a-8p) and will let them start stretching. The first net is 16" above the pots, and the tallest bud is at 22". I'll put a second net about 10" above the first to manage the stretch and make sure they're growing evenly and spaced appropriately. I can still use the bottom net to tie down/LST branches if needed. The goal is to manage the stretch so that all of the buds are the same distance from the light.

They're still drinking about 2 gallons/day right now. I'm adding full-stregth nutes with enough pH down to keep it in the 5.8-6.0 range. I'll keep it here for another week, then I'll do a res change.

I learned from the last grow that I really don't want to mess with the flowers, especially after pistils have formed. So I want to get everything in place in the next week so that I can just let them grow into the second net without much handling. With any luck I'll have a tent full of flowers next week :)
Stop molesting them and they won't have bruises. :rofl:
2 gallons a day, impressive.
They look fantastic my friend.
Hope everything else is going well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

They are well on their way from my bus seat. Beautiful grow.

NTH
Thanks NTH. I switched the lights to 12/12 last night. Now the show really gets started :)
Hey mate, another beautiful grow well under way. They get so big so fast it never ceases to amaze me.

Just out of curiosity, and because i purchased plenty of Barneys including the Evo and Orange punch cross, have you any pros and cons to share with the Orange punch cross?

What Im always looking for is size comparisons, yeild, smell, resultant smoke analysis, flowering times, disease resistance etc.

Any details appreciated. If its easier let me ask what you do and dont like about them. Doesnt need to be a white paper, just whatever info you have time to relate will be fine.
It's pretty early for most of that @DV8 and since I grow inside desease/pest resistance is tough to gauge. All I can tell you now is that she responds well to LST, has great side node growth, and has a strong citrus smell. Nice and orangy.
Stop molesting them and they won't have bruises. :rofl:
2 gallons a day, impressive.
They look fantastic my friend.
Hope everything else is going well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Well @Bill284 if they would just grow evenly spaced and the same height I wouldn't need to molest them so much :) Truthfully, these girls are close, and haven't needed much manipulating. I'm looking forward to flower and just letting them go.

Can you believe it's August already? I'm doing well, hanging out at the pool & lake. It's HOT in VA in the summer with lots of humidity. My peppers outside love it. Me, not so much. Hope you're finally getting some light & warmth up there? Take care and give Howie a belly rub for me.

Thanks @AutoNautPsychoFlower I can't remember anything so I have to keep good notes ;) And I can't read my own writing most of the time, so it goes straight into google sheets. I'm enjoying your journal as well, looks like you should have a nice haul soon :)

Date: 8/9/22 - Day# 44 in RDWC, Day# 6 since flip to 12/12
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 18 Inches away - 55k LUX
3x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Temperatures

Everything has been behaving lately, even the dehumidifier. It still kicks off occasionally, but I've been down there enough lately to catch it fairly quickly. Looking at the above it looks like the VPD is a bit low due to high humidity. The VPD is controlled by the exhaust controller, though, which reads a bit differently.

For late veg/early flower I like those numbers. Here are the setpoints I have set up for day/night. As conditions exceed the setpoints the exhaust will ramp up incrementally.

I usually have the night RH set at 2-4% lower than the day RH. Since the temps are lower at night, a lower RH keeps the VPD more steady. Also, the RH tends to spike at night as the plants respire. When that happens, I want the exhaust system to ramp up and provide plenty of fresh air. I'll drop the RH down from 60% to 48% through flower. As long as the A/C and dehumidifier keep working the exhaust controller takes care of the rest.

These girls have been in the RDWC for 44 days now. I've been topping off with full-strength nutes (MC 6g/G) and they're loving it. However, I was looking at my nute shelf and realized I have a lot of old nutes taking up space. First up is the Advanced Nutrients leftover from my first grow. I think I still have enough to run through flower, including the Big Bud and Bud Candy. So, next weekend I'm going to do a res change and change over to the AD flower nutes. Until then I'll keep feeding as I have been.

I've been noticing for the past week or so that the right side of the tent seemed to be growing better than the left. I wasn't sure if it was the airflow, fans, or what. My wife asked me yesterday why the light looked crooked. I didn't think it was possible since it hangs from two hangers in the middle of the light. It wasn't until I checked with a level, though, that I realized each hanger had two carabiners attached to it. Since there is no one 'midpoint', the light was slightly tilted to the right. It doesn't take much to tilt the light just a bit. I fixed the tilt by nudging the carabiners as they attach to the hanger, even slightly tilting it to the left for now. I've always leveled the light when adjusting it, I just need to remember to check in both dimensions.

I swear DWC almost grows too quickly. I've been trying to keep the branches I'm taking into flower cleaned up, but new sub-branches are growing so quickly it's hard to keep up. Everyone is pretty cleaned up underneath now, so I'm going to leave them alone for the next few weeks. I may tuck some leaves that are getting in the way of budsites and tie down anyone getting too tall, but I'm not going to remove anything until the stretch is over. I think I have everything fairly evenly spaced. Here are daily before/after pictures.

Yesterday I put in a second net about a foot above the first one. For the next three weeks, I'll use it as a guide to make sure the buds stay evenly spaced and the same height. My @VIVOSUN VS4000 lights is at 100% about 18" away, just waiting for the buds to stretch up into it. I

Work and life have been kicking my butt lately and it seems like the days are getting shorter and shorter o_O I'm looking forward to just letting these ladies grow for a couple of weeks. Hope everyone (in the northern hemisphere) is enjoying your summer🌞. Another month and we'll start cooling down, so go out and grab some of that sunshine while you can!

Thanks @AutoNautPsychoFlower I can't remember anything so I have to keep good notes ;) And I can't read my own writing most of the time, so it goes straight into google sheets. I'm enjoying your journal as well, looks like you should have a nice haul soon :)
Lol! sooo much empathy! I just got married (first time!) and turned 50 on same day in June. When reading the vow thingies Id handwritten I asked for patience because it looked like Sanskrit or something ;)

My memory is kinda squishy at best of times. I have to leave notes and things that serve as reminders all over the place or I forget and then forget that I forgot. It takes a lot of weed to remember the things I forget. :D

Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 18 Inches away - 55k LUX
Temperatures

Everything has been behaving lately, even the dehumidifier. It still kicks off occasionally, but I've been down there enough lately to catch it fairly quickly. Looking at the above it looks like the VPD is a bit low due to high humidity. The VPD is controlled by the exhaust controller, though, which reads a bit differently.

For late veg/early flower I like those numbers. Here are the setpoints I have set up for day/night. As conditions exceed the setpoints the exhaust will ramp up incrementally.

I usually have the night RH set at 2-4% lower than the day RH. Since the temps are lower at night, a lower RH keeps the VPD more steady. Also, the RH tends to spike at night as the plants respire. When that happens, I want the exhaust system to ramp up and provide plenty of fresh air. I'll drop the RH down from 60% to 48% through flower. As long as the A/C and dehumidifier keep working the exhaust controller takes care of the rest.

These girls have been in the RDWC for 44 days now. I've been topping off with full-strength nutes (MC 6g/G) and they're loving it. However, I was looking at my nute shelf and realized I have a lot of old nutes taking up space. First up is the Advanced Nutrients leftover from my first grow. I think I still have enough to run through flower, including the Big Bud and Bud Candy. So, next weekend I'm going to do a res change and change over to the AD flower nutes. Until then I'll keep feeding as I have been.

I've been noticing for the past week or so that the right side of the tent seemed to be growing better than the left. I wasn't sure if it was the airflow, fans, or what. My wife asked me yesterday why the light looked crooked. I didn't think it was possible since it hangs from two hangers in the middle of the light. It wasn't until I checked with a level, though, that I realized each hanger had two carabiners attached to it. Since there is no one 'midpoint', the light was slightly tilted to the right. It doesn't take much to tilt the light just a bit. I fixed the tilt by nudging the carabiners as they attach to the hanger, even slightly tilting it to the left for now. I've always leveled the light when adjusting it, I just need to remember to check in both dimensions.

I swear DWC almost grows too quickly. I've been trying to keep the branches I'm taking into flower cleaned up, but new sub-branches are growing so quickly it's hard to keep up. Everyone is pretty cleaned up underneath now, so I'm going to leave them alone for the next few weeks. I may tuck some leaves that are getting in the way of budsites and tie down anyone getting too tall, but I'm not going to remove anything until the stretch is over. I think I have everything fairly evenly spaced. Here are daily before/after pictures.

Yesterday I put in a second net about a foot above the first one. For the next three weeks, I'll use it as a guide to make sure the buds stay evenly spaced and the same height. My @VIVOSUN VS4000 lights is at 100% about 18" away, just waiting for the buds to stretch up into it. I

Work and life have been kicking my butt lately and it seems like the days are getting shorter and shorter o_O I'm looking forward to just letting these ladies grow for a couple of weeks. Hope everyone (in the northern hemisphere) is enjoying your summer🌞. Another month and we'll start cooling down, so go out and grab some of that sunshine while you can!
First complaint about growing too fast.:rolleyes:
If you want to have a nice easy slow grow grab some soil.
My coco girl 2 months younger are a foot taller than the soil girls.
It'll give you time to build an addition on the house between waterings. :rofl:
I jest my friend.
Don't trade your Method for anything, we enjoy it too much.:yahoo:
Is there anyone who can give you a hand? Don't want you burning out Amigo.
Try and rest as best you can between life's ups and downs.
Take care my friend.

BTW the garden is Awesome. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Lol! sooo much empathy! I just got married (first time!) and turned 50 on same day in June. When reading the vow thingies Id handwritten I asked for patience because it looked like Sanskrit or something ;)
Congratulations on the marriage.
My memory is kinda squishy at best of times. I have to leave notes and things that serve as reminders all over the place or I forget and then forget that I forgot. It takes a lot of weed to remember the things I forget. :D
I'm not sure that's the way it works :) I've been smoking for 30 years, I know that if it doesn't get written down it doesn't happen.

Congratulations on the marriage.

I'm not sure that's the way it works :) I've been smoking for 30 years, I know that if it doesn't get written down it doesn't happen.
Thank ya!
I have trouble remembering what to write down. I remember better when I’m high though, I swear! ;)

Seriously though, this grow and your methodology is something I’d have to seriously strive very hard for and likely still fall short. Good good stuff!

First complaint about growing too fast.:rolleyes:
If you want to have a nice easy slow grow grab some soil.
My coco girl 2 months younger are a foot taller than the soil girls.
It'll give you time to build an addition on the house between waterings. :rofl:
I jest my friend.
I still have clones in soil taken at the same time as these. Not really even comparable. And in your soil plants defense, those coco girls have been under that Mega for most of their lives ;) That greenhouse is really filling up!
Don't trade your Method for anything, we enjoy it too much.:yahoo:
Is there anyone who can give you a hand? Don't want you burning out Amigo.
Try and rest as best you can between life's ups and downs.
Take care my friend.
BTW the garden is Awesome. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks @Bill284 I'm lucky that both my wife and son help out around the garden. It's more just summer, yardwork, pool cleaning, vegetable garden, etc. Nothing I'll burn out on, as I love the summer. It just doesn't seem to leave a lot of time left. Then again, in a couple of months I'll have plenty of time...

Take Care and Happy Growing!

Congrats on your marriage @AutoNautPsychoFlower! Behind every good man is a good woman, telling him, "That's not good enough!" :)

Temperatures

:drool:

Too fast....you aren't kidding.

LKA day 35- better get the scrog out and contain the stretch.

DV8 day 35 - only 75 days to go. These seedlings look like they might be ok.

Haha.

Love your work mate, by narrowing the variables in the environment and maintaining that canopy as you do, the consistency is just fantastic.

I like the individual nature of each plant to express itself, theres a beauty in it, but theres something truly satisfying seeing your symmetry and rapid development.

I dont think Ill ever tire of seeing it. Its like leisure work, seeing your precision whilst growing great plants.

I tip my hat to you sir.

Back
Top Bottom