LKABudMan's Orange Grove - 4 Mimosa x Orange Punch In RDWC - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

How do you get your humidity so low? Assuming the tent is in the house? I have a big dehumidifier in my room with my tent and while my room will get to 43-44, the tent is 50ish

With the buckets mostly covered and very little vegetation there isn't much adding humidity in the tent right now. That'll change soon.
I have a dehumidifier in the basement set to 50%. The output of the dehumidifier blows in the corner of the room where I get the intake for the tent, so it's always the lowest humidity. The AC Infinity controller takes care of the rest.

With the buckets mostly covered and very little vegetation there isn't much adding humidity in the tent right now. That'll change soon.
I have a dehumidifier in the basement set to 50%. The output of the dehumidifier blows in the corner of the room where I get the intake for the tent, so it's always the lowest humidity. The AC Infinity controller takes care of the rest.
Maybe I need to move my dehumidifier closer to my tent, thanks! I have the Infinity fan too....love it!

Date: 7/5/22 - Day 9 in RDWC
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch photo clones x 4
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 70% 22 Inches away - 24k LUX
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Temperatures

The A/C is doing it's job at keeping the basement nice and cool. Of course, the light has been on 50% power so it's not adding much heat right now. The dehumidifier is working but still not pumping so I have to empty it manually. I was looking at the warranty, though, and it looks like it's still covered. I need to put in the claim and work on getting it replaced.

After a small initial rise (expected as everything dissolves/mixes) the pH is staying right at 5.8. I expect it to rise gradually in veg, so if it gets to 6.0 I'll adjust it back down. I haven't had to add anything to the res, as it was pretty full starting out. I've actually taken out 2-3 liters to use to water the other clones. I'm not planning on adding anything until the plants tell me they need it.

Speaking of the plants, they're all doing great. It's hard to check the roots in these buckets, but everyone's growing new shoots and getting taller. Everyone's on the 4th node at least. I've had them at 12k lux until they showed progress. I doubled that up to 24k lux today (50% @ 32" -> 70% @ 22"). We'll see how they handle the increase in light and heat and keep going from there.

All of the plants have been named based off the show Bob's Burgers. Linda was the mother. The clones are Tina, Louise, Gene, and (medium sized) Rudy. I prefer this to referring to them as 1/2/3/4, and it allows me to more easily track progress for the specific plants.

On my fourth grow I now have enough quality home-grown bud to last me several years. I'll turn a lot into edibles and give some away to friends & family. I'm no longer worried about filling bags, though. So I'm going to try something different. My plan is to quadline all four plants, with a second topping to get 16 tops for each plant(x4 plants=64 branches total). I'll start a little higher than normal, growing them to the 7th node before topping, and keeping 6 & 5. I'll then top each branch again to get 4 colas per branch. I'll choose 16 colas for each plant that go to flower, then everything else gets clipped/lollipopped. Finally I'll use the scrog net in late veg to keep everything at the same level through the flip. My goal is 64 buds with no larf!

Topping# 1 - Let plant grow to 7 nodes, top and remove 1-4, leaving 5 & 6.
Topping# 2 - Let each branch go to 6 nodes, then top and leave one node at # 3/4, whichever is horizontal.
- Each plant will have 4 main branches with 4 colas on each branch.
- LST to keep all branches as even as possible through veg
- Add scrog net to help keep everything even through flower

I still haven't decided on the nutrients for this grow. I'm starting off with MC for veg, I'm still thinking about switching to Remo for flower (if I have enough). We'll see how the next couple of weeks go.

Most of the other clones are all still doing fine on day 24. I put 8 in soil and 1 in a perlite/hempy solo cup. Of course, the hempy is growing the quickest (and slightly yellow @ 2.5g/G MC). I still have several in the cloner, but I'm planning on taking care of those today. My son wants to put a few in hempy to play around with as well. Most of these clones will be given away in the next week (I hope).

For now, there's really nothing for me to do. I'm not expecting the res to change significantly in the next week but I'll keep an eye on it. I don't even need to open the tent until it's time to top ;) Oh well, I guess I'll go smoke some more and relax. Have a great week everyone.

Hey BudMan! It's actually fun for me to fall a few pages behind in your journals because catching up is always such a great read!

I was really impressed with your tent/equipment cleaning routine. So thorough! But can anyone else in your town find a bottle of H2O2? :)

BTW, I tried alternating feed/water with PB on the Grape Ape that I recently grew in soil. She didn't like it. She finished with airy buds and I believe that was a major reason for it. A clone I took off her was grown getting PB with every watering (at least until I ran out). At flip + 64 she has developed firmer, denser buds than her mother had at the end of life.

See ya' in a few pages! :ciao:

Hey BudMan! It's actually fun for me to fall a few pages behind in your journals because catching up is always such a great read!

I was really impressed with your tent/equipment cleaning routine. So thorough! But can anyone else in your town find a bottle of H2O2? :)

BTW, I tried alternating feed/water with PB on the Grape Ape that I recently grew in soil. She didn't like it. She finished with airy buds and I believe that was a major reason for it. A clone I took of her was grown getting PB with every watering (at least until I ran out). At flip + 64 she has developed firmer, denser buds than her mother had at the end of life.

See ya' in a few pages! :ciao:
Thanks @Grand Daddy Black I was impressed with my cleaning routine as well, at least until I found several ladybugs left in the tent. I'm telling myself they went back into the tent after it was cleaned :)

I wouldn't mind the ladybugs in the tent except they keep getting stuck in the intake of the air pump. I'll be down there and hear a high-pitched squeal and go remove a ladybug from the airpump ;)

I'm out of PB right now. If they ever come though with my prizes, I'll continue using them for mothers. I may need to do a test of feeding every time vs. every other time, though. Thanks for that.

Date: 7/8/22 - Day 12 in RDWC
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 80% 22 Inches away - 36k LUX
Temperatures

So just when I'm ready to return the dehumidifier, the pump starts working again. I'll believe it when it works for a week without dying. For now, though, it's set to keep the basement at 50%.

The res is still sitting around 500ppm / 1ec and is at 5.9pH. I added more bennies/enzymes today just to keep it clean. I don't love it up at 74f, but the bennies should be able to handle it. I bumped the light up to 80% today (35k LUX), so I'll probably need to up the nutrients soon as well. Right now it's at 2.5g/G MC. For the 50G res I'll be upping it .5g/G at a time, or 25g for the entire res. I'll probably increase it this weekend.

These girls are loving life right now. They're all growing nice big fan leaves and look very healthy. It looks like they'll all be topped in the next week. They appear to be throwing out a new node every day or two. It always amazes me how quickly they grow in hydro.

I've potted most of the rest of the clones. It looks like all 24 are viable, although one or two will probably end up in the trash. My son threw a few in hempy solo cups just to play around. There are still a couple more that will go in soil. All of these clones are being fed the same 2.5g/G MC, but they look like they'd like more to eat. I'm hoping they all find new homes in the next week or two. Well, I'll keep the hempies and one or two more to play around with. I guess I need to mix up some stronger MC.

This is my favorite part of the grow, when you can see the progress daily. I also love the HST/LST aspect, training the plants to a specific shape/size. These girls look like they're ready for the challenge :)

Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch - Fem Photo
Light height and reading - 100w LED 20 Inches away - 15-18k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog + 10% perlite in 4" pot
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Grow space - 32x32x60 tent in basement
Extraction - Mars Hydro 4" Variable Speed Extraction fan
Oscillating fan x2
Weekly temperatures

These temperatures may be a little misleading, since the Govee is sitting on a tray that is on the heat mat. I've kept the heat mat in there to keep it warm and it's doing a great job. I also have the humidifier set to 60% and the exhaust down low. It's staying warm and wet in there!

On 4/27 I found a visitor on Linda. My son helped me re-locate this spider outside, and we cleaned up the webs.

I finally got smart enough to weigh a pot with dry soil. It's 150g. After watering Linda thoroughly, she weighs about 300g. That means she's holding about 150ml of water. This makes it really easy to track how wet she is; I even added a simple formula to my spreadsheet. I need to get better about measuring height & width ;)

After that I have been weighing her daily. I was surprised to see that she is mostly draining the pot in 48 hours. She is growing quickly too. Today she got her first little taste of Prescription Blend, just 2ml A+B in a gallon of water. I expect her to explode in growth over the next couple of days. She'll be out of that 4" pot and into her 2gallon in no time!

And here we are today, the first weekly checkin. It's actually Day# 10 above ground for Linda. I was surprised to see that she's mostly draining her pot in 48 hours. She's growing quickly too. Today she got her first little taste of Prescription Blend, just 2ml A+B in a gallon of water. I expect her to explode in growth over the next couple of days. She'll be out of that 4" pot and into her 2gallon in no time!

I plan on fimming at the 5th node to promote lateral growth. It looks like she'll be in her 2gal pot by then. We'll see how she does in her second full week above ground. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Sorry I’m late. I had trouble getting in!

You need to speak to your doorman. I tried explaining that my invitation got lost in the mail, but he wasn’t having it. Ended up having to roofie him and wait for him to go to sleep..

FYI I came for the mimosa, I stay coz you and your son relocating the spider makes you my people.

♥️♥️♥️

Growing fast and looking great! Don't get better than that!
Thanks @StoneOtter I'm always happy to see them start growing.
The growth is amazing. Way faster than soil.
It's not even close @Jungle Joseph
Sorry I’m late. I had trouble getting in!

You need to speak to your doorman. I tried explaining that my invitation got lost in the mail, but he wasn’t having it. Ended up having to roofie him and wait for him to go to sleep..

FYI I came for the mimosa, I stay coz you and your son relocating the spider makes you my people.

♥️♥️♥️
Glad you made it @Trala Hopefully no mites this time :)

Wow @LKABudMan, incredible job as always.
I love that your getting so many viable clones that you can pick and choose which ones to keep:high-five:

I finally caved after seeing that beautiful govee of yours. Love it :green_heart:

Wow @LKABudMan, incredible job as always.
I love that your getting so many viable clones that you can pick and choose which ones to keep:high-five:
Thanks @Rexer I had a mother and plenty of lower bud sites, and have a 24 site cloner. No need to 1/2 fill it ;) I keep expecting a lot of duds, but so far I get nearly 100% rooting in the cloner. There were a few stubborn ones this time, but by now all 24 have rooted and are still going.
I finally caved after seeing that beautiful govee of yours. Love it :green_heart:
One of the best buys when I started growing, along with the Wyze cameras. I would never known how inaccurate most of the other thermometers/hygrometers I have are if not for comparing to the Govee(s). I also love that they can be calibrated, and did both of mine in a 75% salt jar. Hope all is well with you.

Date: 7/14/22 - Day 18 in RDWC
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 80% 22 Inches away - 36k LUX
Temperatures

The dehumidifier is working again :rolleyes: I expect it to keep working for about 90 more days, at which point it'll be out of warranty. Next time I'll get the extended warranty, especially for something that runs 24/7/365. I just noticed that the humidity has crept up in the tent this week, mostly due to plant respiration. I just turned the controller down to 60% RH max to keep it form getting too moist in there.

I added 25g MC to the res on Monday. I'd prefer to keep ahead of any yellowing and I finally saw the PPMs go down from 500-450ppm. I'll be a bit aggressive now, bumping it up 25g at a time. I'm working up to about 2ec by flower.

It's really amazing how quickly these girls are growing in DWC. They have huge stems and fan leaves, and even the side buds are getting big. I could top and quadline them now, but I'll wait until this weekend. I took some pictures of the RDWC plants next to one in soil. Both were taken out of the cloner and 'planted' on the same day, and both have been feed the same nutes. The soil clones are in a different tent, but not that different.

I still have all of the other clones, I'm hoping to get rid of them in the next week. Right now, all 24 have rooted and are growing. I had to add a gallon of nutes to the cloner, it was getting low. Eventually I'll pot the rest to give away.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and enjoy your weekend. And, let me know if you know any one in central Virginia that wants some clones ;)

Back
Top Bottom