Nutrients:
General Organics

Fans:
Clip fan, 190 cfm inline fan w/ controller
20210428_195215.jpg

Currently Sprouting:
Home Bred
OG #7 x Frost Boss

Just waiting on the 4 seeds on the left to sprout & I'll be putting them in the prepared soil in the middle.

So far the seeds have soaked for 24 hours & then were transferred to a paper towel earlier today.​

Tent:
Mars Hydro 2' x 2'

Light:
Atreum Hydra 1000

Nutrients:
General Organics

Fans:
Clip fan, 190 cfm inline fan w/ controller
20210428_195215.jpg

Currently Sprouting:
Home Bred
OG #7 x Frost Boss

Just waiting on the 4 seeds on the left to sprout & I'll be putting them in the prepared soil in the middle.

So far the seeds have soaked for 24 hours & then were transferred to a paper towel earlier today.​
I'm in my friend. :thumb:
Bill

The 2 seeds that didn't crack still haven't :(
left them going in the paper towel hopefully they crack soon..

The seeds I planted are still alive, but I'm thinking the soil is too moist & there isn't enough oxygen present in the soil.
I'm thinking 1 of the seed's root started growing upwards out of the soil for oxygen.
Repositioned the seedling with the root growing up.
The other seed I planted seems to be growing more downward, but I'm unsure how long that will last.

I'm going to try removing the humidity dome to allow the soil to dry faster.

Not off to the greatest start, but
Here they are currently​
20210430_153811.jpg
The seedling one the top I repositioned,
the bottom seedlings root seems to be growing more downward​

Seeing as how I had a slow germination rate so far with the seeds & kept the soil too wet I decided to try sprouting a couple more OG #7 x Frost Boss with a slightly different method.
I haven't tried sprouting this way before, but looking forward to seeing how well it works if at all.
Prior to setting them in their environment to sprout I decided to shake them in some sand to remove some of the exterior of the shell which I've read can improve the germination rate.
Might not be as necessary with purchased seeds as they might have already been prepared to germinate well, but with my homegrown seeds it could be some are well developed with tougher exteriors that are harder for the seeds to break through.
Here's the sanding, tried to get a decent photo.. might be a bit hard to tell the difference for some​
Regular seed
20210501_064001.jpg
Sanded
20210501_064150.jpg
Basically the sanded ones looked more polished & it removes some of the darker surface lines & what not from the seeds exterior.
&
Here's the sprouting technique I'm trying on these ones.​
20210501_064130.jpg
20210501_064225.jpg
A paper towel in the bottom of a wrappable/sealable bowl like container.
Second drop the seeds on top of the paper towel.
then sprayed to desired wetness
Seal or cover afterwards & additional cover to block the light from reaching the seedlings.
I just used a piece of foil to block the light.

Not sure about optimal moisture levels, but this time I tried adding just enough water to submerge the seeds half way.
This way they should be able to get air & water & will never be completely submerged in water I figured.

Here's the one seedling that was growing more downward.
It seems to be doing alright considering everything
felt like including a picture of it as it's looking somewhat like I'm aiming for so far.
I shall call this strain Frosty OG. :)
20210501_062837.jpg

One last bit,
of the previous two seeds I had/have been waiting on for them to crack in the paper towel before planting one of them has finally cracked open.
Here it is​
20210501_064028.jpg
I'll probably plant this one tomorrow

After I get some going I'll select one female of the bunch to grow to it's potential & I'll probably chop the rest & maybe use one more female outdoor. Either way I'll be culling the males & will probably end up with 4 plants at most.
:Namaste:

Wow those seeds are sprouting already.
2 of them cracked already they're going quick. :)

I'm going to have to buff out any seeds I grow from now on. they're working much better than before.

Here's the Frosty OG seeds before & after being buffed​
Before​
20210501_091738.jpg
After
20210501_100600.jpg

I had started to shake the one in the before photo prior to taking the picture, but managed to stop myself in time to still get a decent before & after photo.:ganjamon:

Can't tell if they're doing better than the previous ones that had nutrients added. Perhaps there's less stretch
All showing the first leaves now. No signs of any problems​
20210505_151503.jpg
I've just been watering @ the base of each seedling & repeating after the soil dries out. Gradually building up in amount & more outwards each time.

I'll be waiting for them to get a couple sets of leaves before any real feeding.

The 2 on the left do have extra lime, & organic granular fertilizer added in the promix however.
They're also slightly older than the smaller 6.
Perhaps the smaller 6 will do surpass the larger 2 because they don't have extra stuff added in the soil.
If they do I'll probably just use regular promix to begin with & skip adding anything next time I sprout anything.

Going to post the next picture once there's more of a noticeable difference.
Continuing with watering as I have for now.​

The shorter plants are getting their second set of leaves, a bit earlier than the previous larger two did.
Here's one of them that I might end up selecting from the bunch to grow out.
Frosty OG
(OG #7 x Frost Boss)
20210509_004621.jpg

Still not entirely happy with how they are growing as I feel like they can be actively growing more somehow. They just don't seem as vigorous as I'd like them to be. They seem so delicate as they are. I feel like they should be growing denser, stronger & rooting more attached to the soil.
To try & increase growth & decrease stretch I turned the light up additionally to 90% after the last post which puts them @ around 15k lux @ their current distance from the light - that is if the lux meter phone application is accurate. I've read sprout & clones do well with about 5-7k lux, & veg is about 15k-50k lux. Just unsure when to transition them to a higher intensity light, & how much. Might have to research it some more..

Back
Top Bottom