LoftGrower's First Grow - Indoor - Soil - CFL

loftgrower

Hey Everybody!

SO....about a week ago, I began my first grow. I got the bright idea to turn this vintage wardrobe into a mini grow space and set it up with the works. I set up a 125w 2700K Full Spectrum CFL with reflector, Cut out a whole in the side of the cabinet and attached an old 3 speed fan I had lying around into the side, lined the inside with foil and called it a day.

Heres photos of the entire operation and my current progress.

The Wardrobe and fan installation...
photo-812.jpg

photo-712.jpg

The Soil...
photo-713.jpg

The Grow Light...
photo-1410.jpg

photo-1310.jpg

Following Germination, Replanted into small round pots with soda bottles to enhance Humidity...
photo-1213.jpg

After about 3 days, Seedlings sprouted and were moved into Grow box...
photo-1113.jpg

Day 4...
photo-1012.jpg

Day 6...They Finally have names!...Jenny (McCarthy) on the Left and Carmen (Electra) on Right.
photo-912.jpg

CARE:
The seedlings are about 5 inches under the light/reflector and are on a 24/0 light cycle. I water them every other day to every 2 days...Depending on the moisture of the soil about an inch down. Still wondering when the best time to replant will be. Any suggestions?

So thats the current progress of my grow. Mind you, I don't really know what Im doing. Most of what I've learned was from reading past journals that you guys have posted... So Thanks!

Please readers, Feel free to give me any knowledgeable advice you have to offer to make this a successful, happy grow!

Re: LoftGrower's first grow - Indoor/Soil/CFL

dont take my word as gospel as i'm a new grower myself but judging from the size of your pots they shouldnt need touching for quite a while. i like to wait till the plant has a solid root ball in the pot before i transfer them, i wait till they are almost rootbound. Also you are going to need to keep an eye on temp with the tin foil, it might be worth removing and just painting the inside of your area white, or investing in some mylar, its pretty cheap and very effective. I hope this helps till someone with more grows under their belt comes along

it seems you have a 3 leaf plant ,I get them once in awhile , some are very successful , I've been growing for quite a long time, as I'm 58 ,and have smoked since I was 15,..mostly outdoor grows .But started indoors a few years back..All CFL grows , check out my gallery.. I like the wardrobe idea , with the right lighting ,you'll fill that mother up..:goodluck: I'm gonna watch em grow ,,keep us posted..:nomo:.......P.S. I think your gonna need more lights :peace:

Hello mate, good work so far! has that soil got slow release fertilizers in it? if so it may cause you problems? i can see it says feeds up to 9 months which would suggest it has slow realize fertilizers, even if it doesn't have them in i would think it will be to much for those baby's and you will get nute burn.

I agree , ya dont want soil with nutes already in it.. if thats all ya have, spread it out on something , just a little at a time , and pick out the little pellet fertilizer ,you can see it easily, and get most of it , and it doesn't really take that long,.not hard to do., and you will be glad you did.. :420: sfw88

hey looking good if ur not going to start ur plants on 12/12 to bud them i would change the 2700k to a 6500k they will grow faster as 2700k are for flowering and 6500k k are for veg hope this helps looking good i used that same soil you got but i added a soil with no nute like 40/60 40 being the nute soil and the non nute soil being well i think u get the point pce geturgrowon

DAY 7 Updates:

I switched the girls from a 24/0 light cycle to a 20/4 light cycle. I've been reading about root development during the 'Dark Hours' and figured giving them at least a little time to sleep would be best.

I also purchased some new seeds:
3x BioDiesel Mass Autoflowering Feminized
1x Reserva Privada Sour Kush Feminized (Free w/ Purchase)
2x Big Bud #2 (Free w/ Purchase)

The reason I got some new seeds is because the two ladies Im currently growing are from bagseeds. Ive read so many horror stories about bagseeds growing up to be hermis that I'de rather be safe than sorry. But, no sence in not giving these (hopeful) ladies a chance to get at least a little big and sexy. Either way, once I get these new babies germinating, Ill be sure to start updating their progress as well.

Ive also ordered a new 125w 6400k (Cool) CFL. The place I ordered it from was currently out of stock so hopefully these ladies can deal with the 2700k CFL for a few more days.

DAY 7 Photo Update:
photo-159.jpg

Thank you geturgrowon, sfw88, DrTentgrow , and Headstomper for the suggestions. Ive been scared at what surprises this soil would yield. It was the only thing I had lying around at the time so it was the quickest solution. Ill be stopping by my local grow shop today or tomorrow to pick up some better soil...and possibly a roll of mylar. Do you guys think the soil Im using now would be okay for them once they grow out of the seedling phase? Or should I just avoid this type of soil completely?

well you'll be the judge of that real soon , if ya have some issues on your leaves ,(burn, or spots) stay away from it ,,but if you have grow shops close to you , I would definitely , go there , get whats best..:420:

another thing with the cfl you can mix specturms used both bubs if u can but the 6500k get as close as u can to get tight nodes also 18/6 i think is a better veg in my option but they look greed so ur doing good so far but if u get soil and ur not sure with how sterile the soil is then you can put it in the oven for 15 min at 165 the get rid of anything and u will have good soil hope this helps rep me if u can!

DAY 10 Updates:

Since my last update, Ive gone ahead and mixed my soil with a 'no fertilizer added' soil to get about a 40/60 mix. So far so good! I also received my new 125w 6400k (Cool) CFL and since its been up, the girls seem to be loving it!

DAY 10 Photo Update:

photo_1_35.JPG

DAY 19 Updates:

Hey Everybody! Its been a little over a week now since my last update and since then the girls have gone through some pretty big changes. Both plants have grown to about double their size since my last post! Although, there has been a couple of downers..... Both plants have begun to develop yellow tips on their oldest leaves. I feel this is because of the original soil that I used. One plant's bottom leaves had even dried out almost completely to a crisp...So I cut them off. Except for those bottom trouble makers, all the other leaves are perky, green as grass and healthy looking so Im not too sure if I should be worried just yet..... Or should I?

Both plants have roots peeking out of the bottom of the pots so I feel they might be ready to transplant into their permanent homes soon. Hopefully the yellowing stops once they get transplanted.

DAY 19 Photo Updates:

Here are both the girls from the top.
photo_4_22.JPG

Jenny (the mutant triple-node) - Notice the sad, yellowing leaves at the bottom.
photo_3_29.JPG

Carmen - Notice the tip of the bottom leaf.... same goes for one on other side.
photo_2_33.JPG

SO, thats the current status of my plants. I received my new seeds a few days ago and decided to start germination of a BioDiesel Mass Autoflowering seed immediately. Only decided to start one seed since my grow space is pretty limited on space. By the next morning after beginning germination she had already sprouted a root! As of now, she looks like a tadpole so no need to post pictures of her just yet.... but as soon as she gets planted and starts sprouting, Ill add her on here.

Peace and Love everyone.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom