Lonald's First Time - Soil - Bag Seed - Indoor Grow 2013

Re: Lonald's First Time, Soil, Bagseed Indoor Grow 2013

Any idea of what your runoff PH is? If it is below 6.0 I am betting it is a phosphorus deficiency. A good flush to get your runoff at 6.5 to 6.8 if you could. Then fertilize with a 1/4 strength to 1/2 strength fertilizer that has phosphorus (PH the fertilizer after you add it to the water).

What fertilizer are you using?

Nutrient chart

phchartys02_1_.jpg

Any idea of what your runoff PH is? If it is below 6.0 I am betting it is a phosphorus deficiency. A good flush to get your runoff at 6.5 to 6.8 if you could. Then fertilize with a 1/4 strength to 1/2 strength fertilizer that has phosphorus (PH the fertilizer after you add it to the water).

What fertilizer are you using?

No ferts, Im using Miracle Grow soil, only thing I could get my hands on at the time. This is all bagseed and I have plenty of it so I do not mind.

I was thinking they got to hot and those were basically burns. It was close to 100*s yesterday when they were outside, and the box also got hot for a bit. Seeing as all 4 of them are in the same soil, and not had any added ferts, that is leading me to think its burn from heat and not a deffenciay. On top of the new growth is looking great, so still doing to online reading though.

If and when I need ferts I just have the Alaskan Fish ferts.

No ferts, Im using Miracle Grow soil, only thing I could get my hands on at the time. This is all bagseed and I have plenty of it so I do not mind.

I was thinking they got to hot and those were basically burns. It was close to 100*s yesterday when they were outside, and the box also got hot for a bit. Seeing as all 4 of them are in the same soil, and not had any added ferts, that is leading me to think its burn from heat and not a deffenciay. On top of the new growth is looking great, so still doing to online reading though.

If and when I need ferts I just have the Alaskan Fish ferts.

You will need more than the "Alaskan Fish fertilizer". And believe me... it stinks even with the mint crap in it.

So Miracle Grow soil will get hot on you and will cause some problems.

You need at least some basics like:

The "number one" thing you need is a way to check PH. Cheapest is a liquid tester to check fertilizer (water based/mixed) before you apply them. And runoff PH even if your just using dry fertilizer.

If you use a water based/pre-mixed with water type fertilizer you will need some PH UP/DOWN.

Epsom Salt and Dolomite Lime or Garden Lime because most general fertilizers are not going to provide enough Magnesium. Lime will help raise/balance the PH and provide magnesium.

Dry fertilizers will be cheaper but not as precise. They are very viable if you want to keep it cheap.

I can't say this more emphatically. The main thing that will improve your grow is stabilizing your PH. You will have to flush every now and then. At least once in the beginning of flowering and maybe more if your PH gets to low.

I am pretty sure you PH is too low right now. If I had to guess it is between 4 and 5 PH right now.

I have been right where you are right now.

Well... enough said for now.

Hey buddy. I am wishing you the best of luck and I hope everything works out in the end for ya.

:goodluck:

You will need more than the "Alaskan Fish fertilizer". And believe me... it stinks even with the mint crap in it.

So Miracle Grow soil will get hot on you and will cause some problems.

You need at least some basics like:

The "number one" thing you need is a way to check PH. Cheapest is a liquid tester to check fertilizer (water based/mixed) before you apply them. And runoff PH even if your just using dry fertilizer.

If you use a water based/pre-mixed with water type fertilizer you will need some PH UP/DOWN.

Epsom Salt and Dolomite Lime or Garden Lime because most general fertilizers are not going to provide enough Magnesium. Lime will help raise/balance the PH and provide magnesium.

Dry fertilizers will be cheaper but not as precise. They are very viable if you want to keep it cheap.

I can't say this more emphatically. The main thing that will improve your grow is stabilizing your PH. You will have to flush every now and then. At least once in the beginning of flowering and maybe more if your PH gets to low.

I am pretty sure you PH is too low right now. If I had to guess it is between 4 and 5 PH right now.

I have been right where you are right now.

Well... enough said for now.

Hey buddy. I am wishing you the best of luck and I hope everything works out in the end for ya.

:goodluck:

Yes thanks for the input, that's pretty much all I'm the plans, I'm still gathering supplies for a good grow, just waiting on some funds, had an unexpected month off from work recently. Since I have soooooooo much bag seed this is kinda just for fun and learning right now. PH meter and kit is first on the list. Then some good frets, trying to finish the box also before I spend the money getting everything for the good grow. Going to try coco choir and LST with some good seeds from a bank. Bad thing is I live in a rual place so I have to order everything, or drive 2 hours to the closest big city. Thanks for the comment, now I can easily reffer back to it in my journal now.

How to Use Dolomite Lime for Cannabis:

When growing cannabis indoors, add 6-7 teaspoons (6 tsp. = 2 tbsp.) of fine dolomite lime to each gallon's worth of soil. So if you're mixing enough soil to fill a 5 gallon container, you want to add 30-35 teaspoons (about 2/3 cup) of dolomite lime to the mix. Mix the dolomite lime and the dry soil thoroughly, then lightly water it with water that has been pH'ed to 6.5. After getting the soil wet, mix the soil well and wait a day or two to let the soil settle before checking the pH and adding plants. When growing in an outdoor garden, follow the dolomite lime manufacturers instructions.

For soil an optimum root zone pH is between 6.0 and 7.0, with the most time spent with a pH between 6.5 - 7.0.

At minimum I would put 1 tbsp. per gallon of soil. I did 1 tbsp. with my FFOF soil with no problems. I am going to try 2 tbsp. per gallon next time.

How to Use Dolomite Lime for Cannabis:

When growing cannabis indoors, add 6-7 teaspoons (6 tsp. = 2 tbsp.) of fine dolomite lime to each gallon's worth of soil. So if you're mixing enough soil to fill a 5 gallon container, you want to add 30-35 teaspoons (about 2/3 cup) of dolomite lime to the mix. Mix the dolomite lime and the dry soil thoroughly, then lightly water it with water that has been pH'ed to 6.5. After getting the soil wet, mix the soil well and wait a day or two to let the soil settle before checking the pH and adding plants. When growing in an outdoor garden, follow the dolomite lime manufacturers instructions.

For soil an optimum root zone pH is between 6.0 and 7.0, with the most time spent with a pH between 6.5 - 7.0.

At minimum I would put 1 tbsp. per gallon of soil. I did 1 tbsp. with my FFOF soil with no problems. I am going to try 2 tbsp. per gallon next time.

Thank you! I dont plan on using soil after this grow, going to grab some Coco Choir in a few weeks and start using that. And no outdoor gardens for me lol. Working my way to DWC. Trying to take baby steps.

But, If and when I have to repot these, which I am going to try and do before they go into flower, so I can not have the MG ferts, if these make it to flower.

Anyone every transplanted from Soil to Coco? lol I would guess If I did, the remaining soil would eventually flush out mostly? Maybe not.
I hope to have this box done before they need to go into flower, I do have an empty spare bedroom that if all else fails is air conditioned, I might use to flower or veg, idk yet, depends on getting the box done. Right now I can veg in the box and I just leave the doors open. I do not really have to be stealthy here. But I cant close the doors on it, until I get an exhaust system together. just gets to hot in there, well above 100*F

Again I really appreciate the help, nice having someone along for the ride and to talk to people on here, I cant talk to anyone in my life about this stuff lol, and I have spent the last year reading and learning what I can on growing.

the leaf damage present itself as either heat damage (most likely if it came on fast), pH imbalance, fertilizer damage. i would move your lights a bit further away if you believe this is heat damage. do you pH adjust the water you feed your plants with? you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. the Miracle Gro soil may be leaching fertilizer at a faster rate then your small plants can uptake them. i would not go overboard with too many treatments at once, if you believe this is either pH fluctuation or fertilizer damage from the soil i would flush with twice the volume of your pot size with pH adjusted water.

I am not adding any ferts, and they have not needed water yet. They seem to be doing fine now, 2 of them are growing really well the ones that did not get damaged. I had them a little close to the lights and then I put them outside for probably almost an hour, and it was close to if not at or above 100*F while I was working on the box.

I am not ph'ing anything right now as I do not have a kit or meter. Working on gathering everything for a good grow, this is just having fun with bag seed.

Alright after a few days here they are, I really hope Pibb and Sprite turn out to be female, they are growing nicely. I am still on the bench on what do to with them, keep them in the bottles and just try and flower them as they are and see how it goes with just one main cola, or top them twice and let them go, or Fim them once or twice.

SP
HW9N2492.jpg

PB
HW9N2496.jpg

HW9N2498.jpg

These two may make it, may not. If not it will just free up more room in the box, and more light for the other 2.
DC
HW9N2500.jpg

CZ
HW9N2502.jpg

Thanks! I cant wait to get this set up finished and get some coco and other stuff I need and do a really good grow.

I fimmed 3 out of 4 of them yesterday with good results so far, photos coming in a bit.

Photos! CZ is the only one that was not ready for it. DC was not ready but I did it anyways...

HW9N2510.jpg

CZ
HW9N2509.jpg

Pibb, doing the best I think.
HW9N2508.jpg

HW9N2507.jpg

HW9N2506.jpg

HW9N2505.jpg

DC
HW9N2504.jpg

SP
HW9N2503.jpg

Just a quick short one photo update, things are going great, they are on 12/12 now. Out of the box they are nice and dark green. Starting to smell good too. 2 of them were sucessfull on the FIM, the other 2 ended up long tall and topped. The FIM I did was not sucessfull the first time, the 2nd time ended up taking to much and they got topped. They have all had some defoliation done to get the light to the lower limbs etc. Going to try and repot the tall ones after this weekend.

Just waiting to see sex now.
HW9N4153.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom