Lonald's First Time - Soil - Bag Seed - Indoor Grow 2013

Re: Lonald's First Time, Soil, Bagseed Indoor Grow 2013

Thank you for the advice, I'm working on getting the rest of the things I need as extra funds become available. You gotta remember my oldest plant has been through so much, it's the only one that survived the grow box falling down, then my wife turning the ac off and the box was well over 103*s for 4 days while we were gone. I have over and under watered it a lot lol, then on top of everything I had the GLR ass backwards where they were getting an hour of dark during lights on, for almost a month. I am surprised its still alive. Also I have not been adding any nutes since the accident its just been water.

My temps stay pretty steady, the highest it gets usually is 85 if that. Usually stays closer to 80-83 with lights on, and it's in the 70s when lights are off. It actually started growing its first set of fan leaves, ill have some more photos tonight. 2 off the 4 need seedlings I took out of the box because they have really stretched, so ill be curious to see them tonight, if they start taking a turn to crapvillie ill pull out a few lights.

I have a lot of items on my list of things to buy, going to get the new cabneint set up right, with CFLs still, but it's a real fan set up. Also going to try and switch to Coco. I need to get the meter and solution, right now I have been using bottled local spring water, and my house water which is from my well, not city water.

Thanks for posting to the both of y'all! I'm glad this is all bag seed lol

Ok so lights came one, and the seedlings that I put under the lights have doubled in size over night, and are nice and dark green. So I think that might mean the temps are ok, we will see after they have been on for a few hours tonight.

Here are some photos of the whole gang minus 1 who is still working its way up to sprout.

First 2 photos are from 5-29, then 2nd 2 are from tonight.

Plant B whos still hanging on, and the seedlings from 5-29
HW9N82242.jpg

HW9N8229.jpg

Plant B and 3 Seedlings from tonight
HW9N82361.jpg

HW9N8238.jpg

So the new seedlings appear to be doing fine, so I think that might rule out the heat. They did some pretty good stretching earlier this week, tonight the leaves started catching up so I had to add a little dirt to top off the cup so they didnt fall over. Keeping my fingers crossed that these new ones do ok. Plant B is still growing but looks horrible, going to give her a few more days and then she might get put down, or outside.

Oh I cant wait until I have some money in the bank to work with. All of the college students where I live are graduating and moving so they are selling all of their stuff. I picked up a badass cabinet today, that should work way better then the other one I have on stand by. I also got a trunk that might make a good little box.

The truck I was thinking about (I have a LOT of reading to do first) of making it a small plant grow box. 12-12 from seedlings, no lst, no topping or anything. Like a I guess hempy style? If thats correct. So I will just have a bunch of small colas. I can mount those $10 Walmart grow lights up on the underside of the lid. Could be a fun experiment.

The new cab I need to measure and get the dimensions on it. Im waiting to order a fan and idk whether I am going to get a small HPS with a cool tube, or keep with the CFLs. Light leak is going to be an issue so I have to figure out how I am going to "seal" the box from light getting in or out, more reading Ill have to do. Or I thought about finding a tent that will fit inside of it. But none the less it will work great. I will post some photos late tonight.

Hempy is a form of hydro in bottles with a drip stop hole if you will.
And If you plan any style of micro grow, dont underestimate stretch! With photo plants they can double or triple in size when they start to flower. I vegged my girls for 2 weeks, then 2-3 weks into flower they exploded size wize. Even with LST make sure you leave some room sir.
You may be thinking od a SOG or a SGROG where you see all the colas sticking up. these require some LSTing and 'training' of the plants.
Heres a couple links for ya:
STRETCH

SCROG

:nomo:

The Hempy is what I am thinking of then, where its bascially just a main cola growing out of the pot lol. They would just be 12-12 from the start, let them flower when they flower. IDk lol Im just brain storming.

What I have is a foot locker style trunk. The new cab I got I will build into my main grow box, the trunk would be experimental. Yeah I know that they double and triple or more in size once they go into flowering.

It would be cool to look into the trunk and see 10 little colas looking up at me. haha

I think you are looking at a Nitrogen deficiency. The bottom leaves curling under and yellowing out tells me it is a nutes problem and I think nitrogen. I suggest going to the local Lowes/Home Depot and get a small bag of Blood Meal then take not more than about 1/4 tsp and sprinkle it onto the edges of your center pot (try not to get too close to the stem) then water it in just a little.

I had similar symptoms once:
DSC009074.JPG

I'm not sure you're going to be able to save that little one, but if it works you will notice improvements within 4-8 hours. I hope this helps...

:Namaste:

I dont think its going to make it. What happen was my entire growbox fell about 2' to the ground and it was that way over an entire 12 hour period almost, I had 3 seedlings going and all of them were dump over and out of their pots. Once I got it replanted and the box going, and that was the only one to make it, but all of the leaves curled up and died. Right before the accident I gave it water with a very very little amount of Alaskan Fish nutes mixed in. Then it happen.

I just think its been through to much to ever fully come back. Its a month old and barely 2''. Its in the same soil as the other seedlings and they are all dark green. The others are taking off good, so I may just put her outside on the back porch and see what happens, make more room in the box. The 40 Miles round trip to Lowes wont justify the fuel used to try and save this damaged little one.

Thanks for the advice though! I will keep that in mind if I run into that problem in the future, you never stop learning here!

Here is the new cab, measures 21" Deep, 30" Wide and 40" Tall on the inside, should work out great for growing.

I am thinking about leaving the shelf in there and making the bottom area for starting and vegging seedlings. I could get another light like in the photo and mount it to the bottom of the shelf.

The back of the cab will make it easy to work with, its a thin sheet of wood that is just nailed in. Will be easier to cut, and seal. It looks smaller in the photos then it actually is, best thing is I pretty much got it for free.

HW9N8302.jpg

HW9N8305.jpg

I could do with that cabinet lol. Did u give the blood meal a go? Fingers crossed u save it and things start looking up
With ur box falling.... ac accident n now nitrogen deff possibly uv not had much luck and I think u deserve some
+ reps for not losing faith and trooping on

Yeah this cab is nice, I still cant believe I got it, The others are doing good and the last seed finally broke ground today so, If Plant a does not make it, I think I will be ok. Her stem is already hardened up. Ill let it stay in there as long as it keeps growing, but I may just put it outside and see what it happens, if it becomes a hermie and gives me some seeds I wont mind. Might lights are on through out the night, so if I put it outside I dont know what will happen.

Im self employed and only work twice a month, so Ive just gotta buy things as I can. I wanna build this cab right the first time, not rush it like I did my other box. Looking forward to having to compartments, so one set of plants can be in flower while others are in veg getting ready to go. I dont wanna have to drive 2 hours to buy street meds.

Photos from tonight. I started to water yesterday which was a bit of a mistake 2 of them got a little droopy, one more then the other.

Plant 1
HW9N8318.jpg

Plant 2
HW9N8315.jpg

Plant 3
HW9N8320.jpg

Plant B Still hanging on.
HW9N8323.jpg

The 3 pack
HW9N8324.jpg

Man these look healthy and the soil looks dry, they lay down in the night time i dont know if it could be that ?

Looking good i haven't flipped through journal to see your cabinet but i will see it when i have more time.

Man these look healthy and the soil looks dry, they lay down in the night time i dont know if it could be that ?

Looking good i haven't flipped through journal to see your cabinet but i will see it when i have more time.

Yeah I'm on a learning curve on the watering, they will probably be ready for some water tonight. Right now they are in a Rubbermaid grow box. The new cab is awaiting parts and funds. The drooping if from over watering, I tried to water 2 of the new ones before they needed it.

Thanks for stopping by my journal btw!

Saplings like yours i usually water with a little bit each day not enough to saturate the soil in the cup, when they get older you only really have to water every 2-3 days. They thrive off of it really.

they are way too small to have a problem with water lol, just give them a good amount in the morning one time a day, or a little bit twice a day when the soil is looking dry.

and yeah i stopped by only seemed fair.

The less you water now, the more the roots will go searching for it... which is a great thing!

Btw, Lonald, I had the same issue I know you are having. The first Kill. I had one that looked horrible, wouldnt go down and damn sure wouldnt look better. Put a time table on her. One week and if she dont look better your gone. I sat and sat in front of her on d-day, probably 30 mins just staring not wanting to do it, and then in a flash, grabbed her, snipped, stomped to the trash and bye bye. It was very theraputic. I ended her pain. and to be frank, looking back now I let her take up too much of my time and LIGHT! lol
:green_heart: :rip: :green_heart:

The less you water now, the more the roots will go searching for it... which is a great thing!

Btw, Lonald, I had the same issue I know you are having. The first Kill. I had one that looked horrible, wouldnt go down and damn sure wouldnt look better. Put a time table on her. One week and if she dont look better your gone. I sat and sat in front of her on d-day, probably 30 mins just staring not wanting to do it, and then in a flash, grabbed her, snipped, stomped to the trash and bye bye. It was very theraputic. I ended her pain. and to be frank, looking back now I let her take up too much of my time and LIGHT! lol
:green_heart: :rip: :green_heart:

Cool i learned something didn't know roots did that/ didnt know thats why they did that. either works.

Back
Top Bottom