Lonald's First Time - Soil - Bag Seed - Indoor Grow 2013

Re: Lonald's First Time, Soil, Bagseed Indoor Grow 2013

Saplings like yours i usually water with a little bit each day not enough to saturate the soil in the cup, when they get older you only really have to water every 2-3 days. They thrive off of it really.

they are way too small to have a problem with water lol, just give them a good amount in the morning one time a day, or a little bit twice a day when the soil is looking dry.

and yeah i stopped by only seemed fair.

Thanks for the info!!! +rep. That was what I was looking for. BTW I cant wait to see the end results of your grow, White Widow is my favorite smoke. Now the Orangebud is that anyway close to Orange Kush? Ive had Orange Kush one time and loved that stuff! but I smoked so much, I had the feeling like "Oh shit, I smoked way to much" and started freaking out a little. lol

The less you water now, the more the roots will go searching for it... which is a great thing!

Btw, Lonald, I had the same issue I know you are having. The first Kill. I had one that looked horrible, wouldnt go down and damn sure wouldnt look better. Put a time table on her. One week and if she dont look better your gone. I sat and sat in front of her on d-day, probably 30 mins just staring not wanting to do it, and then in a flash, grabbed her, snipped, stomped to the trash and bye bye. It was very theraputic. I ended her pain. and to be frank, looking back now I let her take up too much of my time and LIGHT! lol
:green_heart: :rip: :green_heart:

Like I said, there is never ending amount of knowledge here. Yeah I read your post and decide to pull it out of the box just now, but...

I didnt not trash it! It had signs of some new growth, so it is now a back porch experiment. We will see what happens I guess, with the temps though, it probably wont live to much longer. Its not costing me space in the box anymore, so Ill just water it with well water and leave it out there and see what happens.

I got a wild hair tonight when the lights came on, I gave them all a little water, and decided to add one of my big 2700K CFL's to the box.

So now I just gotta watch the temps and see how high it gets, so far it went from 80* to 84* now in about 20 mins, going to see where it stops, may not be able to leave it in there. Just trying to add a little more color to the spectrum.
HW9N8326.jpg

i vegged with 2 smaller cfls like yours in the connectors,
what i did was i got a circular SAW like the ones to cut a hole for a new door nob.

Once i found the size i wanted i cut the hole for the bulb connector (fits two bulbs into one socket) just like yours,
then i basically fit the plastic connector "snuggly" into the hole. Once i put the bulbs in and turned the connector a little so the lights
were sitting the right way, then i plugged the extension cord in.

I was thinking about the problem of fitting all 4 in there, maybe you can do one higher and one lower ?
(hope this helps tidy up your box.)

Thanks for the info!!! +rep. That was what I was looking for. BTW I cant wait to see the end results of your grow, White Widow is my favorite smoke. Now the Orangebud is that anyway close to Orange Kush? Ive had Orange Kush one time and loved that stuff! but I smoked so much, I had the feeling like "Oh shit, I smoked way to much" and started freaking out a little. lol

so GLAD to hear white widow is your favourite smoke, where i live only the most mainstream strains come around
no options here just whoever has the good stuff. so i haven't tried any yet although i remember when i was younger someone said they had white widow we were smoking all i know is i never got the munchies that fast.

and yeah its a pretty good strain the orange bud, i dont know if my seeds are good genetics yet this is the first grow with this seedbank. i keep hearing its a good smoke.

Here is the new cab, measures 21" Deep, 30" Wide and 40" Tall on the inside, should work out great for growing.

I am jealous. I put in a couple weeks building mine and you acquire a sweet cabinet with little effort. That will make a nice box for you!

Yeah I'm on a learning curve on the watering, they will probably be ready for some water tonight. Right now they are in a Rubbermaid grow box. The new cab is awaiting parts and funds. The drooping if from over watering, I tried to water 2 of the new ones before they needed it.

Put some dry soil in a cup and feel the weight of it. Now pick up your plants and feel the difference. When the cups get light they are more likely to need water. If they start drooping and the cups are light the definitely need water. Schedules are great but they are your schedules. Try to figure out what your plants schedule is :)

i am concerned your heat is too high for your seedling, its lower leaves should not be dying already. it may be from all the previous damage. i would unscrew a light bulb or two and drop your temperature to to the 70F zone just to be safe. you may also be over watering your plant as the leaves also look droopy still. i would not use any nutrients on your plants yet and use pH 6.5 adjusted water only until it improves.

here is a pH nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a meter you may like

https://www.google.com shopping Hanna Hi 98103

here are some searches for pH meters

https://www.google.com search digital pH meter

https://www.google.com search digital pH tester

most pH meters have a 2 point calibration. pour a small amount of pH 7 solution into a plastic bag and dip your meters tip into it, adjust your meters trimmer until it reads 7. next pour a small amount of pH 4 solution into a plastic bag and dip your meters tip into it, adjust your meters trimmer until it reads 4. never let your meters tip dry out. either use storage solution or pH 7 solution in the cap to keep it from drying out. re calibrate your meter every 2 weeks so it is accurate.
i often buy from www.sunflowersupplies.com
here are 16 oz sizes for pH 7 and pH 4 solutions at reasonable prices.
https://www.sunflowersupplies.com/products/GENESIS-PH-7.01-BUFFER-CALIBRATION-SOLUTION-16-oz.html
https://www.sunflowersupplies.com/products/GENESIS-PH-4.01-BUFFER-CALIBRATION-SOLUTION-16-OZ-.html

+Rep. Your the first person I gave any rep to. I actually just figured out what people meant by +rep and how I can do it with the little badge icon. You always have what I would call not just advice...but advice wrapped in wisdom :)

I am jealous. I put in a couple weeks building mine and you acquire a sweet cabinet with little effort. That will make a nice box for you!

Thanks, I waited a long time to find this cab, I stayed glued to craigslist for months waiting for the perfect deal, even got one before this one, I just lucked out and found a better one while waiting on funds to buy parts. Im really hoping to build this one right and have a cab that I wont have to mess with for a long time.

Put some dry soil in a cup and feel the weight of it. Now pick up your plants and feel the difference. When the cups get light they are more likely to need water. If they start drooping and the cups are light the definitely need water. Schedules are great but they are your schedules. Try to figure out what your plants schedule is :)

Well I was told some useful information already that the seedlings do not need to be soaked each time you water, just a little each day or so. So thats what I am working on now.

Once they start really getting going I will probably use the measure system, or walmart has some really cheap little sticks that help you know when it needs water, maybe those might work? I mean I dont think they could hurt lol.

So looking at the plants tonight, #1 looks like its starting to turn a little light green in the middle, I had figured that was just new growth, but its not turning back dark green, Maybe a N deffencny? Ill have to do some reading, or make the trip and get some bloodmeal as suggested. Its also drooping after I watered it the other day. Going to see what it looks like tomorrow, then decide.

I am hoping that 2 out of the 4 make it to flower I will be good. I have been smoking about a ounce a month, so If I got 2-3 out of this grow I will be happy. I got a half ounce of "Cream Soda" last time I made a trip to town, and its just not potent at all, I have blown through it in about 2 weeks, I mean I have to smoke a lot of it to be able to stop twitching to go to sleep. I wish I could get some White Widow again, that stuff really worked well for me, and lasted to. I could smoke a bowl of it and be good for hours, long enough to fall asleep. This Cream Soda just sucks, taste great, but Ill smoke and fall asleep, and if something wakes me up after 30mins to an hour, I wake up and just start twitching bad enough to not be able to go back to sleep. So I gotta get up 3-4 times a night to smoke, does not make my stash last to long. At $150-175 a half ounce It really gets expensive, $150 is super cheap around here for half ounce. Full Ounce around here is $250-320.

Seedlings really dont need any nutes at all, ever. I also think you are overwatering. A seedling will barely use any water. So if the soil was damp, it wont need more for almost a week. All thenutes are already in the seed. If you have proper lights, not too much for seedlings, the only problem is the seed-or the soil. Light bleaching can occur and yellow the leaves. But until you have a couple sets of true leaves, let the plant provide the nutes. And please please dont water twice daily or even daily. You will love them to death... :goodluck:

Well more bad news, I went out of town for the weekend and left the wife in charge and Im pretty sure she killed all of them except one. They were all dried out and 2 of them the stems are harded and dried out, little green still in the leaves but I dont think they are going to make it. Only one still alive is the one I over watered, its still hanging in there. I watered them and hopefully something will survive.

Good news is that when I went to town I was able to pick up 18g of White Widow for CHEAP out here...

On a different note... I found myself at 4am sitting in an empty bathtub fully clothed in my hotel room watching season one of the office on my Ipad and smoking with a can, hotboxing the bathroom with Jesus... Lets just say it was good conversation.

3 out of 4 dead for sure, one of them that was not doing so good before I went out of town is the only one left standing, its all light green and droopy. Looks like they all just got baked in there, so the last one left just got watered and put outside today, it was barely growing in the box.

Plant B that I put outside last week, actually started growing again, then I guess my dog decided to pull it out of the soil so it died also.

Ive got 2 germinating right now, probably plant them tonight, going to try and keep those 2 outdoors and see what happens until I can get this new box built.

I also wanna get some coco and other stuff I need.

If I may offer some advice, Get everything lined up before you start. I didnt, and it was a cluster. Im no expert but I see my own mistakes and dont want others making the same one.

If I may offer some advice, Get everything lined up before you start. I didnt, and it was a cluster. Im no expert but I see my own mistakes and dont want others making the same one.

That exactly what I need to do, and was kind of the plan, I will chalk all of this up to Practice. This grow box actually demands attention daily, gotta open and close doors when the lights go on and off, and if you dont do it as scheduled like over the weekend, then the box heats up fast and it kills off the plants, my best guess is the wife didnt keep as good of track of the time as I do and they all burnt up while I was gone, they were to young and just could not take it. Plus my ac bill is getting outrageous now that summer is heating up, so I cant keep the place I have the box as cool as I want.

Oh well, thankfully I have plenty of bag seed left.

Back
Top Bottom