Lonald's First Time - Soil - Bag Seed - Indoor Grow 2013

Re: Lonald's First Time, Soil, Bagseed Indoor Grow 2013

very disappointing. at least you have a plan now for your second grow and experience now. the temperatures are much easier to grow in a basement or naturally cool place, do you have a basement you could grow in?

No basement here, they are not commen where I live. Going to try 2 with less light for now and see what happens. Something to do while waiting on funds and parts.

Oh well, thankfully I have plenty of bag seed left.

Some of the strongest weed I have smoked was bag seeds. Had my head spinning and legs feeling wobbly. I had to lay down and the room was still spinning. Almost like I did 10 shots of tequila. Never had anything hit my that hard since.

That exactly what I need to do, and was kind of the plan, I will chalk all of this up to Practice.
Ya gotta start somewhere! :) Bag seed is the cheapest especially if you get it from someone else's smoke! :), or find seeds laying in the bottom of your car, under the place mats..etc :)~

Some of the strongest weed I have smoked was bag seeds. Had my head spinning and legs feeling wobbly. I had to lay down and the room was still spinning. Almost like I did 10 shots of tequila. Never had anything hit my that hard since.

Ya gotta start somewhere! :) Bag seed is the cheapest especially if you get it from someone else's smoke! :), or find seeds laying in the bottom of your car, under the place mats..etc :)~

Yeah I dont think it makes much of a difference, seeds are seeds as long as they are mature, its gotta be in how they are gown, and everything surrounding growing them.

Well the 2 new ones died already, so I'm just gonna call it quits until I get this new box built. The temps where I live are just to high to use the cheap box, I can't move enough air out of it to keep it cool now, unless I run my ac way low all day & night 24/7 which would just cost way to much.

So I guess the admins can move this to abandoned journal section, once the new box is built and I get things rolling I will start a new one.

Thanks for the help and support everyone! Back to lurking around watching everyone else's progress.

Right! lol Just sucking having to keep waiting and waiting, Im ready to be able to grow something. It gave me something to do and zone out from day to day problems. Now Ive just got an empty box, already took it apart. What 2 plants are still alive are on the back patio soaking in some real sunlight before they die.

Maybe once the fall comes I will have my new box complete. Just sucks sitting here each day with it staring at me waiting for me to build it.

disappointing end to your grow. keep us updated when your ready to start another grow.

Yeah just more disappointment in an already hard times. But thats what I get for trusting someone else to do something for you, seems like it never gets done right unless you do it yourself.

Ah HA! At last some success! After putting everything on hold since the last round of failures I have a little success!

So this month sucked as far as work, I didnt get scheduled at all the whole month. So no income lol, so I had building the new box with that nice cabinet on hold. Well when you get a month off you do a lot of thinking and get a little cabin fever, I had a friend of mine donate me a big jar full of some home grown swag, it was free so I didnt mind lol. Which stocked me with a lot more seeds for practice!

So I took the cabinet and throw my cheap grow light and 2 6500K CLFs in a reflector and got some 2 liters and poked some holes in the bottom, picked up some MG soil from the local place here (I know I know, All I could find at the time) and got 5 seeds germ'd and planted, and 4 popped up out of the 5.

Since I do not have a way to cool the cabinet right now, I just leave a door open, and lights are on 24/0 , Not the way I wanted to really do it, but only choice I have right now, and I am bored, doing what I can with what I got. I figured I will be able to pick up what I need to complete the cabinet before they have to go into flower. I have gotten farther and grown them bigger then anything else previously, and its only been about a week. My enthusiasm has come back finally!

I will try and post some photos in a little while.

Having trouble with the uploader right now, may just be me, but here is one shot of one of the 4 thats doing good.

image3258.jpg

But... The minute I post on here things turn... I have have re-framed from watering them as not to drown them this time. Its been about a week or so, and the leaves look like they are starting to curl down, and curl up a little around the edges, 3 out of 4 of them now. The coke zero one in the pic is the only one not curling up. So the other 3 got a little water today. I slowly poured natural spring water in until it was coming out of the bottom of the bottle. Ill try and post some pics here in a minute.

Temp set up in the cab, you can see the garlic in the right corner that I started from a clove I found in the fridge that was sprouting.
HW9N2439.jpg

The Group
image3259.jpg

HW9N2432.jpg

HW9N2429.jpg

HW9N2428.jpg

You can clearly see the leaf curling. Hopefully they will perk back up and I will know they were just getting dry.

The only comment I would say is do you have lots of drainage holes in those bottles? If not, there could be alot of moister at the bottom that the roots are just siting in. Other than that they are looking pretty good sir. :)

The only comment I would say is do you have lots of drainage holes in those bottles? If not, there could be alot of moister at the bottom that the roots are just siting in. Other than that they are looking pretty good sir. :)

Something like this would probably work. It has worked for me on multiple grows in 20 oz. pop bottle style :)
P1000553.JPG

Yes, I have a pretty good drainage with them. I have holes in the bottom, and holes about 1/4 the way up from the bottom on the sides for some air too. I think they got to hot.

I just put them outside for about 20 mins so I could work on the box and I think the outside heat just got to them. Coke zero looks horrible now. The first leaves, the single ones, look like old wilted spinach.

I got the box empty, lined with Mylar, and pulled the garlic out and re arranged the lights. Put another fan in there too. I really cant wait to get my exhaust system ordered and installed. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have the extra funds.

Ok so today 2 are looking great and the other 2 look like they are recovering. After putting some more thought into the drains in my pots I decided to take the advice and redo my drain holes, and add more (thought I had enough, but thats what happens when you assume) I honestly did not see the roots, and finally noticed that they had made their way all the way down to the bottom already.

So Pibb and Sprite are looking the best now, and the other 2 I am trying to see if the damage on them is from heat or some deficiency or something, I will post photos if anyone can tell me faster then I can go through the help threads already posted (which is what I am going to go do after this post lol.) But even on the damaged ones, the new growth is looking good already.

Here are the photos, enjoy! And thanks for the ones returning to my journal! Feels good to be back lol

Mr. Pibb
HW9N2476.jpg

Sprite
HW9N2470.jpg

Diet Coke - One of the damaged ones
HW9N2469.jpg

Coke Z - The one that was growing the best until yesterday
HW9N2466.jpg

HW9N2464.jpg

Back
Top Bottom