Lonestar's Lemon Walker RDWC Grow Journal 2017

Sounds like a plan! Easy enough fix. How is the water pumped up from the bucket to the water fall? Is it an inline pump or an airlift using an air pump. Very interesting and gives me some ideas!

I may need to get a bigger commercial air pump when it's time for aero sog in the little box. I'll set a rez outside the box and have the return go up so it waterfalls down into the rez like yours. I'll drill a hole on the top 90° bend before it enters the rez and put an airline down that vertical tube so that is creates a vacuum and pushes water out the water fall from negative pressure. Your giving me a lot of ideas LS Ahhh I can't wait to build it now.

Hey man I'm using some uniseals on a vortex brewer but I won't use them if they leak. I haven't built it yet but do you know why your seals are leaky?? I don't want to have ewc water every where!

I used 4 - 1.5" and 4 - 3/4" Uniseals in my RDWC and had a small leak in one of the 1.5" seals. It leaked from between the outside of the seal and the bucket. The 1.5" to PVC pipe side was good. I think it leaked because I wasn't careful enough when I drilled the hole and the Uniseal fit a little sloppy in the bucket. I used some aquarium silicone around the edge both inside and out and it sealed right up. Been good ever since.

420-magazine-mobile708379708.jpg

This is the pump that I used. It's ran inline, I could get you more detailed specifics on actual fittings etc if interested. Just followed someones idea off you tube. "RDWC w hygro hybrid" is the title I believe? It's over an hour long, good video though.

Thats the pump I wish I had. Mine is the same brand but the 1000 GPH model for 4 buckets. I had to close the water inlet adjustment by about 80% or it would overfill the buckets. The 1.5" gravity return line wouldn't keep up to the pump when wide open. lol.
MG_95801.jpg

I like how you have your reservoir set up on the outside

Thanks, it seems to work quite well. The reasoning was to try to help keep the water temp down. I won't know if it helps till it starts getting hot out in about June.
MG_9595.jpg

420-magazine-mobile708379708.jpg

This is the pump that I used. It's ran inline, I could get you more detailed specifics on actual fittings etc if interested. Just followed someones idea off you tube. "RDWC w hygro hybrid" is the title I believe? It's over an hour long, good video though.

I'll have to look into that. I have An extra pump or two but whenever I tried running it inline it was an issue. Looks like it works great with your setup though. I may still do the airlift thing to keep heat down and DO up. Either way I have options!

And thanks to pennywise, I'll be spending extra $$ on these today. Going for the DWC/aero hybrid. Pretty sure there's not MUCH more I can buy for this set up. I'm sure my wife is hoping so!

420-magazine-mobile1717862000.jpg

You won't regret it. So far all my expectations have been beat and pw plants are looking excellent!!

Thanks, it seems to work quite well. The reasoning was to try to help keep the water temp down. I won't know if it helps till it starts getting hot out in about June.
MG_9595.jpg

Nice set up scrogdog! You guys are making me antsy to get some cobs and set up my aero box!

Love the recirc you got going on. May ask you a couple questions when the time comes. Hey man I'm using some uniseals on a vortex brewer but I won't use them if they leak. I haven't built it yet but do you know why your seals are leaky?? I don't want to have ewc water every where! I. Using a smaller 3/4" and 1" though. Hoping it's water tight!

I want to do the same water fall action in my recirc set up. Can't wait to get the box going with Dewey aero !!!

Here's the one I built with bulkheads. Not uniseals.
420-magazine-mobile2116460156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1781810122.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1266008415.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1930753527.jpg
420-magazine-mobile936011310.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1733484063.jpg

Back
Top Bottom