Long time coming in N.J.

They had big meeting in Jersey city over weekend about medical marijuana.
Shame nothing was in news papers to let people known about it.
Hand full of smokers and a lot of people looking to cash in on sales.What a pitty. Still don,t know who will write a slip for it too many drs. scared to put name on bottom line.

Well if it works out anything like here in Colorado... there will be doctors who will write recs for MMJ. (here they cannot 'prescribe' MJ, they just 'recommend' it).

When I went in to get my MMJ doctor's rec, I paid $125 and it took 3 minutes. I timed it on my cell. There was a HUGE room of patients waiting for the doc - he was cranking through the waiting room at about 20 per hour. You can do the math, there will defenitely be docs who will rec in N.J. no doubt.

BTW: if that doc is making $2500 an hour for writing MMJ recs, I say that he is earning every penny of it. There are overzealous LEOs out here, going beyond their appropriate roles, who could make his life a living hell. So, I have no problem with his $$ for the risk he is taking. None at all.

Re: N.J. - just be a lil patient. It's a pretty liberal state, right? You'll be OK.

Well, his Lardship asked for a 6 month- 1 year delay and it looks like the Legislature is going to agree to a 3 month extension. So Jan 1 2011 before you can even see a Dr. for a recommendation. And he's pushing to have a single strain grown by Rutgers and distributed by hospital pharmacies.

But the good news is they voted for tax-relief for wall street millionaires instead of property tax relief for seniors and the disabled yesterday, so all is well in the great State of New Jersey. <sarcasm, obviously>

Bill would delay NJ medical marijuana startup | AP | 06/21/2010

pretty sad how this thread died off....... typical of jersey apathy i guess?

me i've pretty much chucked the idea of opening an ATC..... too expensive a proposition to risk with all whats going down, or not.
i doubt "his lardship" ( your too kind calling the asshat by that name ) will ever allow us to have safe access as predicated in the law passed well over a year ago... after all he's way too busy mapping out his imaginary 2012 white house run right? so why bother with our measly law?

:goodluck: to all the good folks out there who continue to suffer and die... we'll need it

:roorrip:

Happy Holidays everyone. I am reporting from New Jersey. Where every license plate says "The Garden State" yet you cannot have your own "garden".

Anyway.. the latest news here is that the legislature sent the stupid rules back to "His Lardship" to re-write as they were obviously too restrictive.

So, take the following for what it is.. The rules at this time (DEC 2010) are up in the air and we will see what he homes up with next. However, in the previous rules he had, here are the things that make it non-sense and obviously designed to make the MMJ program fail.

First, he wanted only 2 places allowed to grow.. then he budged a little and said OK 6 places allowed to grow.. Mind you the state of New Jersey is the most populated state and the number of qualified patients is fairly high. That means that even with 6 growing facilities they would have to be HUGE growing facilities in order to be able to provide the amount of medicine that could supply the demand from patients. Now.. whats wrong with this picture? FEDS!!!

Facilities that large would make a great big target for the FEDS to aim at. I honestly don't believe that they will just stand by while there are 6 gargantuan bud factories in New Jersey, regardless of how "state legal" they may be. So, by limiting the number of places that can grow to such a small number he is forcing each one to be too big which equals a guaranteed visit from uncle Sam. Designed to fail from the start.

Now, the other thing I think is asinine about the previous rules was the 10% THC cap.

HOW DO YOU TELL A PLANT TO STOP PRODUCING THC AT PRECISELY 10%??????

Everything we learn is designed to allow nature to develop to its fullest potential, not to inhibit it! And how good is 10%THC bud compared to black market bud? I just think this 10% THC cap is absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense at all. It is impossible to grow a plant and be able to guarantee that the resulting dry bud from such plant will certainly be 10%THC or less. Again, designed to fail from the start.

They need to allow patients to grow their own like every other state. It is the only way to do this. Only with many small grows will any grow be able to succeed and provide patients with medicine.

Here it is April 2011 and you still are spinning your wheels in Jersey only thing slower than you guys is Delaware.

The worst thing is your lardship is becoming the poster boy for prohibitionist.It has shown them a way to slow down MMJ.To hell with the people who need it.

can,t get my own dr. to write script and he has been treating me for over 35 years.
law is supposed to take affect in july in new jersey. i can see this falling apart.
unkle

can,t get my own dr. to write script and he has been treating me for over 35 years.
law is supposed to take affect in july in new jersey. i can see this falling apart.
unkle

What he's doing is putting fear in the medical community the same way they do with people that have to decide with pain or a job to feed your family.

It's ironic that this states so called lawmakers will not approve rules for a drug that is known to mellow people and help those afflicted with certain illness' yet this week they are looking to "ease liquor rules", a drug which is known to cause deadly aggressiveness and kill people in too many ways to count.

These people make me sick literally!

Also, Joe Biden is not from NJ he's from Delaware the great credit card sanctuary state.

Ah the liquor lobby honesty in a bottle has so many redeeming quality's. For politicians it's deep pockets and their constituents won't hold it against them. Health in a bottle, Yes Joe is but one of many treasures of Delaware.

I bet they all go out for drinks together. How quaint. Using their ideology instead of common sense to run government. This is why nothing gets accomplished and so many of us get hurt.

Apologies about the Biden comment I misunderstood the previous poster.

Back
Top Bottom