long time hid guy needs help with leds!

Nwgrower420

So, ive been pondering the idea of using l.e.d.s in my veg room versus 3k and some t5s. Mainly cause im already looking at a $400+ electricity bill just for my flower room. So anywere I can cut down on the bill I am. But without lacking performance. Ive heard great things about leds and veg...
My questions are to you led users...-
1. Is it worth the extra money?
2. Does it really make that big of a bill difference?
3. What size, brand, and how many would you suggest to replace one 1000k hid?-

I have zero experience in leds. So thanks in advance. Im sure I will have more questions.

So, ive been pondering the idea of using l.e.d.s in my veg room versus 3k and some t5s. Mainly cause im already looking at a $400+ electricity bill just for my flower room. So anywere I can cut down on the bill I am. But without lacking performance. Ive heard great things about leds and veg...
My questions are to you led users...-
1. Is it worth the extra money?
2. Does it really make that big of a bill difference?
3. What size, brand, and how many would you suggest to replace one 1000k hid?-

I have zero experience in leds. So thanks in advance. Im sure I will have more questions.

Hello there. I can tell you a little about my setup. I get a pound per plant with 500watts from wall and up with led. I have a few grow journals you can check out. I do use 1k Mh and Hps as well in two other grow room. I do not get much difference in weight but the led seam to give me more resin and higher thc levels. Now as far as the over priced lights like BD and others. I would stay away from them. They do difference just give you eye candy. I am doing a grow right now with a mar 1600 and will see how it turns out. I am going to replace my mh and hps with ether a mar 1600 our three reflector 144x3. I did a pound and 3 oz dry weight with two 144x3. I would say check out some journals here and see what people are getting in weight.

Thanks for the reply.. yeah for flower yield would be a concern.. we pull about 2lbs per light (ish) however if I could match it with led I might consider forking out the dough...

Back
Top Bottom