Long time lurker first time poster

MadMoustache365

Hello MadMoustache365 here,

I have been growing cannabis for almost a year now. I spent most of last September/October doing research in the long wait for legalization (yay Canada!).

My first grow was from three bag seeds that the missus pulled out of some Green Dream. These were grown in soil (the cheapest soil I could find from a local Megastore, amended with some added perlite). I used this first grow to do a lot of learning about plant training, I topped these girls and practiced LST, you can see the one in the back got a little crispy, I think this was a pH issue but never confirmed it, I flushed her out with pH'd water and she recovered for the most part. These three had a very interesting smell, with some smelling almost like celery. All three were enjoyable and for our purposes the 2 oz. that I collected were more than enough to hold us over so I could keep experimenting with techniques.

Three Green Dream from bag seed;
1663789493154.png

Harvest from above(~2 Oz.)

My second grow was a fun little experiment. Part of the logistics problem for me is that there is a 4 plant limit here, I would need two set ups in order to keep a mother plant in veg while flowering out her little babies, and with our limited space that is just not possible. Thus, I thought autoflowers might be the way to go, I could maintain only one tent and have a rotating crop so that the next plant crops out before the previous plant has been consumed. The only drawback there was cost, buying seeds on a continual basis would add up very quickly. Luckily, I had been reading up on colloidal silver as a way to produce feminized seeds which could solve many of the logistical problems I was having. So I popped a bean of UK Cheese auto fem from Seedsman and began spraying her with colloidal silver as soon as I started seeing pistils. A few weeks later she was beginning to show pollen sacs from which I was able to collect some (not a lot, but it doesn't take much) pollen. I then used this pollen to pollinate another UK Cheese that I had growing at the time and was able to collect a decent handful of seeds. I have managed to save some of the pollen for future use (currently stored in my freezer) and if I get a nice plant from the collected seeds perhaps I will do some further seed production.

UK Cheese Auto sprayed with colloidal silver daily;
UK Cheese Auto sprayed daily with colloidal silver

Unaltered UK Cheese auto to be pollinated;
Colloidal_Female.jpg

Seeds collected (~30);
UK_Cheese_Fem_Auto_Seeds.jpg

I am currently working on my third grow and in this one I will be going to crop out because our supply is starting to get low once more. In this round I am growing two Lemon Skunk auto fem and one Critical Purple Kush photo (both from seedsman). I would like to try my hand at quadlining this batch and see how it goes. I've been reading some threads here that show great success with quadlining autoflowers and am curious if this technique will work well for my purposes.

Two Lemon Skunk (left and middle) one Critical Purple Kush (right) and my little tomato plant (back corner)
Two_Lemon_Skunk_One_Critical_Purple_Kush.jpg

I have really enjoyed reading the forums here at 420Magazine and I am hoping to contribute to them in the near future. In the meantime I will continue reading and experimenting with novel techniques and hopefully, with your help, grow some real beauties.

Green_Dream_Bagseed.jpg

Welcome to the community. Growing under the 4 limit is hard to do when trying to perpetual grow. Hopefully laws will be slackened in future and make it easier to grow more than four , for medical purposes. But at least we can grow 4 :yahoo:

Great efforts MM365 I look fwd to reading about your future adventures nice use of colloidal silver ive never heard of fertilizing an un altered plant that makes sense to help stabilize the seeds.
:morenutes:

Welcome.

:welcome: to the forum and I always ask "whatcha using for you blurple light's"?

Welcome! Fellow Canadian here - I'm in Ontario. As others have said, lots of friendly, helpful folks here, and lots of Canadians as well. :)

Nice looking grows. Several of us are also playing around with CS and/or STS to do some crossing. Just shout out if you need any help, or just want to chat.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am excited to be a part of this community and I look forward to learning and sharing knowledge with everyone here.

:welcome: to the forum and I always ask "whatcha using for you blurple light's"?
blurple? I like it! I'm using 2 x Philizon 600W, nothing too fancy but they fit within my budget when I was setting up shop.

Welcome and nice grows. People here can help with any questions you may have. Consider starting a grow Journal. Love seeing peoples setups and progress.

Back
Top Bottom