Long time lurker turned poster looking for help

Yes, a regular routine is the best... and with nutes in soil we have found it best to water with nutes one time, and then follow that up every other time with plain water. This water the second time picks up any unused nute still left in the soil and gives them a second chance, and it cleans out the soil each time... it is a good system.

Yes, a regular routine is the best... and with nutes in soil we have found it best to water with nutes one time, and then follow that up every other time with plain water. This water the second time picks up any unused nute still left in the soil and gives them a second chance, and it cleans out the soil each time... it is a good system.
Thanks for confirming that, much appreciated

Nooobienot I'm gonna checkout that book. Searching online section by section can get overwhelming with all the information and opinions. Having all information in one book provides a different format and maybe a different perspective.

Glad to hear your plants are doing better and the book will come in handy its well worth the 45 bucks , saved my butt a few times , easy to read for us simple people -lol .

Welcome!

Im a bit late, but it looks like theres a lot of mulch in your soil....im assuming these are indoor plants. Id get a black dirt type soil instead of the generic stuff...I always had trouble...got the real stuff one day and never looked back.

Anyway, how did you start them out? Did you put the seed into a large pot? And what is the lighting like?

I soaked in water for 12 hrs then germinated in wet paper towel for 24 more. That's all it took for the tap root to show. Length was maybe a quarter inch. I know some wait for it to grow longer. Auto-flowers don't produce well when they're transplanted to bigger pots, so directly in a 3 gallon fabric pot they went. It took another 24 hours for the Northern Light to break soil and maybe 12 more for the Sour Kush. I'm using Vispectra 600 for lighting.

Noobienot while they have perked up, they are not growing so the wait continues. Also, I have a soil ph meter and when testing the top two inches of soil for moisture it read a 1 (0 is hella dry and 10 is just watered), but maybe 5 inches later it reads a 4. Does anyone think I should water now?

There are two readings on that moisture meter... moist... and pegged all the way over to the right indicating it is under water. The only valid use of that meter is to determine where the top of the water table is... and it is NOT time to water until your water table has fallen down into the last inch of the container.

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

There are two readings on that moisture meter... moist... and pegged all the way over to the right indicating it is under water. The only valid use of that meter is to determine where the top of the water table is... and it is NOT time to water until your water table has fallen down into the last inch of the container.

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal
Good way to use that tool.

Weird....could be damping off. Is it still stunted? Sometimes it just happens...happened to me a year ago I started thinking it was the seeds but ...its not lol.

Ok time for an update. The first two pictures are the before and after of the Sour Kush and third and fourth are of Northern Lights. If I can maintain this something might come of it.

I wanna thank everyone that participated in the thread because I was stumped for months trying to figure this out.

Attachments

• IMG_20191111_214400_8.jpg
    IMG_20191111_214400_8.jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20191117_022238_7.jpg
    IMG_20191117_022238_7.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20191111_214306_3.jpg
    IMG_20191111_214306_3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20191117_022230_3.jpg
    IMG_20191117_022230_3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Loose the wood chips it doesn't help. Just flouts around when watering. Imo
I use a pine bark mulch on my containers all the time... it greatly reduces the ability of gnats and whiteflies to be able to complete their life cycles. In an organic grow, that layer of soil right at the surface, protected from light by the mulch, is teaming with active microlife and great for the soil. There are only a few types of wood that need to be avoided as they will leach out vital nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom