Long veg time

ilikebike

hey guys im currently looking back on my journal, ive only been using about 225w of florescent for my 4 ppp clones. They have all been in veg for about 85 days. and thats 20 days after they were actually cut from the plant. Is it the reason why its taking a long time is because i dont have enough light in there? what would yall suggest to use to get maximum light for my money.? would it be worth buying a nice LED panel for vegging? i know they are expensive and dont have good light penetration but vegging plants dont need as much light penetration as they do in flower. and LED defiantly beats florescent in watts-to-light output. any opinions?

It could be one of the reasons, as far as my reading and limited experience takes me. What are your other environmental factors? Soil, temps, methods you used on it, etc? You'll get better help from the more knowledgeable if you post this information.

In my opinion, I'd get more light on them. My little ones are doing extremely well under my 400w hps in veg. Germed them about Jan 22. Might switch to MH once I get money, but for you I can't say for sure since I haven't used florescent before. But, to my knowledge you can add as much as you're willing to put in, being as heat isn't an issue. The plants will like as much light as you can throw at them, to an extent of course. Just think about the people using their 600 or 1000+ watt setups for veg, that's a lot of light for some small plants.

Edit: I guess if people are really wanting to help, you did say you're referencing your PPP grow with a link in your sig which has all of your other environmental factors. My bad.

I've never been to sure about domestic cfl/fluoro bulbs & whether they are pumping out the correct spectrum of light desired by the plant or just plain old unbranded crap of ebay.

I like this hortic grade grow light - in theory people should be telling me i need more watts & lumen out put due to size.

I don't think so :thumb:

001811.JPG

002847.JPG

About 4 weeks of veg aprox or 28 to 35 days - 18/6

002845.JPG

001809.JPG

PS - Thats 6400k, 7000 lumen, 125w cfl plus nutrients every feed of aprox 5 to 7 days

hey guys im currently looking back on my journal, ive only been using about 225w of florescent for my 4 ppp clones. They have all been in veg for about 85 days. and thats 20 days after they were actually cut from the plant. Is it the reason why its taking a long time is because i dont have enough light in there? what would yall suggest to use to get maximum light for my money.? would it be worth buying a nice LED panel for vegging? i know they are expensive and dont have good light penetration but vegging plants dont need as much light penetration as they do in flower. and LED defiantly beats florescent in watts-to-light output. any opinions?

Your lights are fine for veg. Obviously better with HID lamps, but the right spec cfl's are fine. I use them the whole cycle. Have the clones come off a flowering mother? They might be re-vegging.

no clones were taking while the mothers were still in veg. 18/6.

Im sure there was alot of factors in the reason why they weren't growing fast. We didnt really use nutrients at first. and we were having problems in the beginning with drainage, that could have stunted the growth. Well see how much better this round of clones does.

Airy soil that drains properly is a huge factor imo. Once I switched from a chunky, hard, compacting cheap soil from walmart and transplanted into FFOF, my plants growth exploded! Literally the next day I was seeing incredible growth. It's definitely worth a transplant into better medium, no matter what stage of veg you're in imo. They'll definitely like it.

Try using 12-1 Gas Lantern Routine cycle for veg. It will blow up your vegging plants and make us wish it grow slower, lol.

Hey Twelve12, What the gas lantern routine man?

Back
Top Bottom