Look at my closet set up

gunjababy

Whats up 420 peeps thought i would show you what I'm working with in my set up.

Closet grow 2 ft x3ft x8 ft
1 400 watt MH/HPS ballast and air cooled hood
1 exhaust fan 110cfm
1 intake fan

Tell me what you think.

this is the closet empty
empty_grow_room.JPG

plants_in_the_closet.JPG

here are my babies

closet_door_open.JPG
here's the closet door close

closet_door_open.JPG
closet door open

DSC000747.JPG

bathroom exhaust fan 110 cfm ducting going through hood to hole in wall...

DSC000765.JPG
hole in wall to exhaust hot air coming from light

DSC000758.JPG
air cooled hood with ducting from exhaust going to hole in wall

DSC000747.JPG

this my veg closet, i have 4 2 foot f15 t-8 bulbs for a total of 60 watts
2nd_closet_VEG_closet_.JPG

4_2feet_F15_T-8_bulbs_60_watts_total.JPG
i made this up with a top from a tub

DSC000806.JPG
both doors open in veg closet

1_door_on_veg_closet_opened.JPG
1 door open in veg closet.

WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK ???????

Great Start!!

Those plants look great!

I would recommend getting some of those bends out of the ducting. A 90 deg bend cuts your cfm by about 60 percent. A 45deg kills about 40 percent of the fan's efficiency. Put your light the lowest it will be, then pull the ducting tight, basically get all the folds flat.

your space is 2x3x8 = 48cf. With the 90 deg coming out the light and the 180s on each side - you're likely down around 15-30 cfm. Which is fine if you're only doing the light and you have another something for the plants. I couldn't tell from the pics if the other exhaust fan is in the same space. You might think about taking the intake side off your light (I'd put a bug net and a carbon filter there). In other words - ducting the room through the light. This would raise the fan's efficiency greatly, but would also exhaust any co2 you have going, and relies upon you providing cool air to the space - either with another fan or just simply a hole (ie. the one you have cut already will likely do the job).

Remember your plants and everything else have radiant heat that needs to be accounted for. If you only duct the light, you're not bringing in fresh air to the plants, nor are you dealing with the radiant heat in the room, or any other sources of heat like a wall fan's motor.

I only say this because it seems you have things done well, and you may find that the ducting could be that ghost in the machine that makes it hard to understand why your cooling isn't doing what you thought it would.

Keep it up!!

Real Nice set up I like it and your plants look good too.

Great Start!!

Those plants look great!

I would recommend getting some of those bends out of the ducting. A 90 deg bend cuts your cfm by about 60 percent. A 45deg kills about 40 percent of the fan's efficiency. Put your light the lowest it will be, then pull the ducting tight, basically get all the folds flat. I only say this because it seems you have things done well, and you may find that the ducting could be that ghost in the machine that makes it hard to understand why your cooling isn't doing what you thought it would.

Keep it up!!

Good piece of advice about the ducting. I will use it.:grinjoint: :peace:

Great Start!!

Those plants look great!

I would recommend getting some of those bends out of the ducting. A 90 deg bend cuts your cfm by about 60 percent. A 45deg kills about 40 percent of the fan's efficiency. Put your light the lowest it will be, then pull the ducting tight, basically get all the folds flat.

your space is 2x3x8 = 48cf. With the 90 deg coming out the light and the 180s on each side - you're likely down around 15-30 cfm. Which is fine if you're only doing the light and you have another something for the plants. I couldn't tell from the pics if the other exhaust fan is in the same space. You might think about taking the intake side off your light (I'd put a bug net and a carbon filter there). In other words - ducting the room through the light. This would raise the fan's efficiency greatly, but would also exhaust any co2 you have going, and relies upon you providing cool air to the space - either with another fan or just simply a hole (ie. the one you have cut already will likely do the job).

Remember your plants and everything else have radiant heat that needs to be accounted for. If you only duct the light, you're not bringing in fresh air to the plants, nor are you dealing with the radiant heat in the room, or any other sources of heat like a wall fan's motor.

I only say this because it seems you have things done well, and you may find that the ducting could be that ghost in the machine that makes it hard to understand why your cooling isn't doing what you thought it would.

Keep it up!!

whiskey papa thanks for that info, i'll work on that when i get a chance. temps in the closet range from 79 on low side to 84F on the high side, and for fresh air i crack the window in the room which helps alot because i have a hole in the wall on the bottom with a fan blowing air in.

Just noticed that your temps are getting up to 84. Some say above 82.5 the plants stop producing THC. Some say above 85. Either way you're either right on the edge or over. Just something to think about. Everything looks great with the plants though.

Back
Top Bottom