Look Noobie Ash is Freezing Bubbling 2L Hempy's at the Blue Planet

looks like you got some nice looking buds, well done,

have you ever grown in soil, i only ask as its very easy, just got a cheap bag of compost and plant the seeds and watch it grow, i use mainly soil grows as i dont want to look like a pro if the worst ever happened,
i do how ever do some 2ltr dwc hempies, basically the bottom 2/3rds of a pop bottle as the res, i cut the top off the bottle and use the rest as the res and place air stone in the bottom, now most growers who do hydro or dwc use some grow medium with nothing much in it, what i do and find works well is to start the plant in the upturned part i cut off but i fill this with soil, then plant the seed, now when the roots poke out of the bottom where the lid of the bottle is i then fill the rest with weak nute mix and place the top on the bottom and turn air pump on, i dont give much veg time usually around 2 weeks at the most but i have gone 12-12 from seed many times and good good results,

the 2ltr dwc hempie build guide is in my sygnature if you want to check it out anytime, very easy to set up and grow, but im a soil grower for now and find its very easy, i use bpn and follow coreys guide to the letter, the only part i change is the last feed schedule as it says to give how ever much micro to the mix, but the micro is high in N and the plants need less of these later in flower so i started to lower the micro dose and soon found the plants then started to mature slightly better as my leaves just never turned yellow at end of flower they looked healthy still, so lowered the micro dose by a couple of ml and im happy with the results,

looks like you got some nice looking buds, well done,

have you ever grown in soil, i only ask as its very easy, just got a cheap bag of compost and plant the seeds and watch it grow, i use mainly soil grows as i dont want to look like a pro if the worst ever happened,
i do how ever do some 2ltr dwc hempies, basically the bottom 2/3rds of a pop bottle as the res, i cut the top off the bottle and use the rest as the res and place air stone in the bottom, now most growers who do hydro or dwc use some grow medium with nothing much in it, what i do and find works well is to start the plant in the upturned part i cut off but i fill this with soil, then plant the seed, now when the roots poke out of the bottom where the lid of the bottle is i then fill the rest with weak nute mix and place the top on the bottom and turn air pump on, i dont give much veg time usually around 2 weeks at the most but i have gone 12-12 from seed many times and good good results,

the 2ltr dwc hempie build guide is in my sygnature if you want to check it out anytime, very easy to set up and grow, but im a soil grower for now and find its very easy, i use bpn and follow coreys guide to the letter, the only part i change is the last feed schedule as it says to give how ever much micro to the mix, but the micro is high in N and the plants need less of these later in flower so i started to lower the micro dose and soon found the plants then started to mature slightly better as my leaves just never turned yellow at end of flower they looked healthy still, so lowered the micro dose by a couple of ml and im happy with the results,

Wish I would have read this way back in Feb. starting the seeds in soil would have been much more stable at least for me being new. I had high's and lows starting the seeds off in hempy style with per/verm mix. I was able to not kill anything but there were days when I was wondering. :cheesygrinsmiley:. My goal is just to run strong clones 12/12 and keep a couple mothers. I'll get this going good and then start thinking improvements. I just have this all going on to get smoke reports on the seeds I was blessed with, got a couple keepers for mothers. :cheesygrinsmiley:

This leads me to some observations of mine wanted see to if anyone had some thoughts.
If you haven't seen pic's of my style 2lt. DWC they are on page 2. Every Sunday I do whats not really a flush but a heavy watering with just plain Ph'ed water. I have noticed after this the girls are quite fragrant and they seem happy. So the nute concentration is low in the rez. Over the week I top of the rez as needed with full strength nutes according to age of the plant. One day I decided to stick my PH meter in the rez after I pulled apart the pot. I was shocked to find the reading at 8.1 I double checked with some Ph'ed water it read what I expected and I checked again with my tap water it read what I'm used to. The plants don't seem to have any troubles but with all of the trouble I had at first before I learned what my tap water needed to get the proper PH and get things going good. This just doesn't make sense to me.
I'm thinking on dumping the rez every couple few days and refilling with fresh nutes. If I do that I'm messing with what is working start of the week less concentrated rez though out the week getting stronger or full strength by the end of the week. If it's not broke don't fix it but can I make it better. They really do seem to enjoy Sundays. Any thoughts?

well its always best to grow the plants at the max nutes you can, this will speed up growth so i try and push mine as much as i can,
my tap water is where it needs to be ph wise, but i use bpn and always check the ph after making a new batch of nutes up and the bpn brings the ph to exactly what it should be, so check the ph of the tap water then check the ph of the nute mix before feeding to the plants,

its bets to adjust the ph before giving it to your plants, another problem you might have is that your not letting the water stand for at least 24 hours, tap water is full of chlorine to keep it safe to drink, so its best to fill up some jugs with water and leave them to stand a day or 2, also make sure the tap water is room temp before feeding the plants as this will only shock plants if its to cold,

another problem you may have is the temp of the res, with 2ltr hempies you dont have much liquid in the res, i found having a bigger res really helped with the temps, so my res now is not far off the same size as a 2ltr pop bottle, i just cut the top off where the neck is and use that as the pot for the plant to start growing in, this leaves me with over 3/4 of the pop bottle size for the res, if you cant keep the res temps down then use some white card to reflect the light upwards, i put white card over the top of the bottle so the light hits that instead of the pop bottle, this kept res temps down and made the roots a lot healthier, also make sure the res is totally dark you dont want any light leaking into the res where the roots are, im sure you know most of that all ready,

so try leaving tap water standing for 24 to 48 hours before using, dont seal it in a bottle you want the chlorine to evap out of the water so i fill up a few jugs and leave it standing till its needed, just dont have it in direct sunlight as algae will form and turn the water green,

thats basically all i do, i follow the bpn feed schedule and my plants respond well to it, i wont use anything other than bpn but its a lot for me to get due to shipping costs as im in europe, but i think its worth it or it is until i find some other product that these plants seem to love, so far bpn has been the best product i have found,

with your ph it could be the tap water thats slightly out of a good range or its the nutes mixed with the water thats causing the problem so check ph of plain tap water after its stood for a while, then mix up your nutes and also check the ph and see where it stands.

when my 2ltr hempies are small i tend to empty the res every 3 or 4 days and fill with fresh nutes, after that time the plant drinks most of the res so i dont end up throwing a load away at res change,

as for clones i find clones dont produce as much as seeds when grown in 2ltr hempie, you end up using more nutes as you have to get the clone to veg a while before putting it under flower so i tend not to use clones for my 2ltr hempies, if i grew them in soil hempy style then id go with clones but i find dwc hempies do well with seeds, but i guess if you give the clones a long enough veg then they would produce the same,

so your last comments is more or less what i do, its always best to empty the res as the ph will rish due to what the plant is putting back into the res, your ph might be spot on when you water the plants but the waste the plant puts back into the res will change the ph pretty much every time so a res change is needed,

i always empty whats in the res and give the res a quick rinse out then fill with fresh nutes, i do top the res up with water from time to time just to give the plant a bit extra before i empty the res but i when i empty the res and refill i use the nuts at the strength stated then if the plant is young i end up throwing away whats left or i have used it to water my soil plants with no problems then i refill res with fresh nutes,

once the hempie is big enough it will use whats in the res pretty quick, my plants tend to empty the res every 3 days so i like to refill with fresh nutes around that time, if the plants are using it up really quick then i use a bit of water until the next res change, if you dont change out the res then the ph would just keep getting worse as the plant is putting stuff back into the liquid so chances are the ph is spot on when you feed but the plants are whats causing the ph change,

ill check out page 2 and see how you do it, i got some amazing results with the way i do it,

plus it might be worth you giving a good soil grow a go, get some big plant pots anc cheap compost, i bought expensive compost and my seedlings kept dying then when i transplanted a plant into the new compost it caused huge problems so i went back to a big bag of cheap compost and problem solved and the plants love it, just remember these plants are weed so dont need much in the compost to keep them healthy plus we give nutes to supliment,

for the first 2 or 3 weeks you dont need to add any nutes to a soil grow, if you noticed the leaves going light green then add nutes but i can go 2 or 3 weeks with no problems before feeding nutes, so if you got the space id give a soil grow a try, its very easy, low maintenance, you dont need to keep checking everything, you just water and let the plant do the rest, its got to be the easiest way to grow,

good stuff! thx DP :Namaste:

I've been doing a lot of reading since last night. The rez size is more than likely the problem with the PH. I'm actually surprised things are going as well as they are. I've got my feed water down, I am luckily not on city water so chlorine is not an issue I set PH at 5.6 and it takes three days just sitting out open for it to rise to 5.8, 5.9 with just vinegar. My well water comes out in the low 7's and at 300 ppm. With advice from Corey from BPN (Great Guy;)) I use a brita water filter, filter half the water finish the fill straight out of the tap. That knock the PPM's down to 250 and high 6's for ph. The interaction with the root ball is what is jacking up the PH. So This is how I'm going to change things up. I have the smaller rez because I like the hempy style grows. You can leave those plants go dry for a week and they will be hurting but they will spring back the moist potting mix lasts for days. When I first started I had to cull one male out of 6 seeds. I just pulled it out of the growing chamber and let it sit,I swear I could have brought it back even after 2 weeks with no care. I don't plan
on trying that out, but it's nice to know it's possible. So this is what im going to change....

New feeding schedule

Sunday --Flush plain water
Monday-- dump rez and refill with nutes
Tuesday-- top off if needed 50% nutes
Wednesday--dump rez and refill with nutes
Thursday-- top off 50%
Friday-- dump rez refill with nutes
Saturday-- top off 50%

Getting away from the hempy style feed moving towards a recommended DWC schedule I just have to change the rez out more often. I modeling this grow (once everything calms down) off of a grower here 420'fied he gets 14 + grams per plant. He has got a strain down and will run 100 - 200 clone's at a shot hempy style. It's a nice set-up. My vision is more and industrial set-up harvesting 2 plants a week, every week. New clones going in every week.

I hear you about utilizing soil as a grow medium. I'm still new and am in love with the sexy name Hydroponics. :cheesygrinsmiley: LOL I guess it just sounds cool. When I get done playing with this maybe I'll switch, seeing these guys working with systems like Doc Buds High Brix kit. Those plants are just flat gorgeous, happy plants = happy you. :tokin:

:)2046:)

sounds like you got a decent plan, i know hydro porudces bigger results but soil grows produce higher quality buds, some say its hardly noticable but its the same reason why outdoor buds taste better than any indoor bud you can grow, you cant beat nature,

i cant really notice the difference between hydro and soil grows, some experts say their is a slight better taste and quality from soil grows but it would not bother me at all if i grew hydro, my problem is i have to keep it as basic as possible, due to where i live i cant end up looking like a pro, so as long as it looks like i just put a seed in some soil and planted it then i can play dumb and will be a whole lot less trouble for me to be in,

so simple is good for me at the moment, when things change ill give hydro or a big dwc a go,
14g per plant is great for sog, i could fit up to about 200 2ltr plants in my grow, harvest and grow time would be a lot less as well as you are not going for the long veg, with my 2ltr hempies i lollypop them from time to time, the last 2ltr dwc hempie i did i got around 1oz from just 3 buds, i lolly popped and just had the main stem and the 2 lowest branches one either side of the plant, the bud was the size of a 2ltr pop bottle, this was 12-12.

as long as you take the clones during veg and let root properly then going 12-12 with clones should easily hit 14g per plant, if i could have 200 plants and get 14g per plant then id be very happy indeed, but again high numbers of plants is a big risk, at the end of the day its still 200plants, so if the worse did happen and you got busted then they would say it was 200 plants no matter what size they was, they dont take into account the yield,

one of my mates got busted a few months back, he had 100 plants, when he went to court he was shocked at the weights they said he had, then he realised they weight the whole plant stems,roots,leaf etc etc, they worked out that from them 100 plants he would be making aroun £1million per year, which is crazy, so i cant take risks like that, but i can get 4 or 5 oz per soil grown plant with just a few weeks of veg and thats enough bud to keep me in meds between harvests

i still grow the odd hempie, i did try a reveg with the hempie but took ages to reveg and the end results second time round was very poor so wont be doing a reveg with any hempies again, i planted a delicious seeds critical sensi star fem the other day, the part i grow the seed in is about 3inch deep with soil, the roots then grow out the bottom of the pot which is where the pop bottle lid used to be, the roots are just starting to grow out of the soil now so will put it in the res some time tomorrow and give it some veg time, possibly 2 weeks, then i should be able to hit at least an oz by doing that, if the buds turn out nice then ill reveg the plant in a big pot and do a normal soil grow,

ill take plenty of pics and you can see my method of the 2ltr dwc hempie, i find it much easier as starting seeds in soil is very easy and for some reason they seem to grow well when the medium the plant grows in is soil, as long as the roots grow down into the res then they benefit from the dwc as well,

but as long as we get some buds at harvest then any method is good

couldnt agree more, i knew nothing before joining this site, ive learned so much since joining this site and put a lot i have learned into practice, so by sharing what i have done with others might help them come up with their own ideas or help them with any problems they might be having,
i just try and pass on as much info as possible, the more i learn the more i can pass on to others, if it helps then its all good,

Cloner update: Nothing yet. I'm still fighting heat, summer has finally hit here with daytime highs at 90 degrees the basement floor has warmed from 64 degrees to 74 degrees. I didn't anticipate the basement warming up, thought the temps would be more stable. Another lesson learned. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley: I think I will let them go and see what I get, and then give that another try in the colder months. :slide: So I'm on the hunt for root riot plugs can't find them locally so online we go.

Took some pic's today :smokin:

This is the I want to be a mother plant for the lanky staiva strain I am always complaining about. She is back in lock out. I've had trouble getting this going since the seed popped. Had a hell of a time getting this to even root when it finally did they were weak. So I planted her in her hempy pot just like everyone else fed her 1/8 strength nutes she greened up and took off. Then about the time I think the roots hit the rez part of the hempy. Bam! Lock Out! Same thing happened to the original plant from seed. Then I transplanted the original in my first bubbling hempy and it finally took off. So I get to replant her baby in her own bubbler. Another lesson learned. Thinking back this strain has taught me a lot, so I will stop complaining and keep working with it. All I got to say the smoke better be good.:biglaugh:
100_17264.JPG

Here are the other clones from the same plant. These were taken from the donor 2 weeks in to flower. I sent these to flower last week. I put them in the flower chamber because they started showing pistils due to a ill advised lighting schedule for what I was doing. Now they are showing signs of that "reveg" growth DonP was talking about. Poor things don't have a clue what too do. It may take forever but I should get some smoke out of them. :icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll

100_17284.JPG

100_17292.JPG

100_17304.JPG

100_17312.JPG

:peace:

clones look really healthy mate, some nice looking clones,

you know the plant your having problem with, well if it was growing in soil id have to say it looks like its been over watered,

if its going to be a mother why not stick it in a pot with compost/soil, for the first month you would not need to feed any nutes, just get some cheap compost as the expensive stuff caused me lots of problems with high N and fried some small plants, so went back to the cheap compost and my plants seem to love it,

if it was nute burn then you would notice it start at the end of the leaves but it looks like the bottom leaves have died due to the whole leaf suffering, which by looking at the top leaves suggests its not nute burn, my mate badly over watered his plants and his clones and seedlings ended up looking like that, i told him to stop watering until the pot weighed the same as a pot with dry compost in it, or until you see the compost pull away from the edge of the pot, he did this and after about 5 day his plants recovered and was on their way to been very healthy,

i know soil is probably not something you have considered but for a mother plant is ideal, you use less nutes and dont need much maintenance to keep it growing, im sure it would pull round if given the right conditions,

are you sure the res is not to warm or the growing medium not to warm as that can cause similar problems,

These hempy's are just temporary container's. I'm waiting for the 2 big girls to get done, so I can move these to the veg. chamber thats now a temp. flowering chamber. I never planned on 5 of the 6 seeds I started with to be female so all of my original plans got put on hold when they started the stretch, I ran out of room in no time. I was planning on just 2 keepers if I was lucky three. The future plans are. Finish this flowering phase, move all of the moms to the veg chamber. According to the smoke/performance report cull anything I don't care for, repot two and get them growing in earnest. I've started a little co-op deal with a family member who has been growing since I needed help in the bathroom, and a buddy, they will take care of mother plants. I will get cutting's from them or my chamber to keep the flower chamber full of clones, a couple at a time. I'm looking for a nice variety of fresh MJ. My buddy's plant/plants will be in dirt not even going to try hydro with him. The family member wants to play with a DWC system she has known nothing but dirt.

As for the sick mom I should have known better than to plant her in that hempy. I'll put her in a bubbler and she will be fine, I've already fixed this problem once she just wants a fresh rez. They sell some of these seeds "for outdoor" maybe her line will never work out in the system I want to run, if not it will be culled and we will move on to bigger and better things.:thumb: These are just bag seeds after all top notch bags, but still unknown origins.

fair enough, sounds like you ended up with more plants than you had room for, its always the way, i usually end up with more males, i even ended up with a male femenised seed, either a bad batch of seeds or got mixed up by the seed breeder, i have told herbie about this as he is usually pretty good and will replace the seed with my next order,
i find outdoor plants do ok indoors the only issues i had was using expensive compost, i paid over £20 for a small bag thinking the plants would love it, all i ended up with was seedlings struggling to grow and dying, it was only when i transplanted a plant into the new compost that i found out the compost was way to high in N for these plants,

thats about the only real problem i have had, when i stated growing i over watered and harvested my plants to early, so i learned my lesson, i got to admit the plants grow quick with dwc and hydro so ill still play around with the 2ltr dwc as i like to experiment with lolly popping and its a good way for me to try new strains without having to give them a long veg, then if i like the results i reveg it in soil and give it a long veg time,

you grow ash:)

Back
Top Bottom