Looking at trichromes with a 300x microscope

damnyourhot

ok can i use a 300x microscope ?>

found someone with a 300x -900x for 15bucks

but is 300x too much ??

radio shack has a pocket 100x for 12.95 but ehh i seen youtube video fo someone with a 100x and it didnt look so good

some help please quick im about to just take off to walmart or radio shack and just get somthing

dude i have the exact one from radio shack, and i can understand why a youtube video would look like shit. the one from radio shack is 60-100x, and the 60x is good enough. the 100x is plenty. if you get too close, you won't be able to see very many in one shot, so you would have to look a lot more places to find amber and milky trichomes. it might be cool to look at 300x, but its a bit overkill.

dude i have the exact one from radio shack, and i can understand why a youtube video would look like shit. the one from radio shack is 60-100x, and the 60x is good enough. the 100x is plenty. if you get too close, you won't be able to see very many in one shot, so you would have to look a lot more places to find amber and milky trichomes. it might be cool to look at 300x, but its a bit overkill.

just got it

darn thier all clear- from 2 sides in middle of plant

but i think thier almos tthere i mean after looking thru the magnifyer i sniffed the end peice and it was pungent

darn was hoping to harvest today

but doesnt look ready but its on its 11th week of flowering cause it started flowering feb 1st

side note ive been doing 12 on 12 off should i be doing 12 on 14 off right now ?

12 on 14 off? hehe here in fla they only give us 24hrs in a day
im just messin with u, but yes, keep on 12/12

do you know what strain you are growing? or indica or sativa?
sativas generally take a bit more time to finish so you may want more of a clear/cloudy mix rather than mostly amber and cloudy. 11th week eh? you should be just about there! within days of harvest i would imagine

but then again alot is left to personal preference
hope to see a good harvest soon

i just got a few pics i wanna load at 100x

not the clearest but hey its somthing to look at as soon as my camera agrees to connect to my pc
lol

tikes1.jpg

trichromes picture from 100x microscope
peice is dry and gets u lifted but lots of trikes but doesnt look like waited long enough

2nd pic is close up of resin chared

trikes2.jpg

i'm tellin you guys the one from radio shack is perfect. the only thing is you have to kinda keep the bud still with your other hand and focus the scope a bit. it goes from 60-100, so you've got a large range. those pictures up top don't look like my plants when i use the 100x. maybe they're just a bit out of focus...

I have the one from radio shack.. Love the micro world its so cool. Just had a hard time to get used to it but once I did, wow,... Sometimes the hairs are all orange but the trichs are still clear.. great tool.. Dont even have to go to highest mag to see very well.
But still 300x you can see the veins on the leaves I'll bet...
Good luck with your plant turning mature.

the only thing you have to remeber is that, growing the plant is only part of the job.....nothing can ruin a harvest more then inadiquat drying and cureing.....read up....there are many ways do it....but i find mason jars are best for the final cure and storage.....

the only thing you have to remeber is that, growing the plant is only part of the job.....nothing can ruin a harvest more then inadiquat drying and cureing.....read up....there are many ways do it....but i find mason jars are best for the final cure and storage.....

my trichromes some look black

20% maybe 40% milky 20% amber 20% clearish milky

good time to harvest yeah ??? cuz i wanna harvest today u think sounds good smeel nice

Hey funkmaster,
Not to go off topic but this relates. How do "you" store and dry. And how do you seal your mason jars for long storage or how do you specifiacally cure? When the plant dries by air my trichs get like crystals, and the plant is dry but the plant is not sticky anymore. What do you think? I then place in mason jars with their lids. but no vacuum or other. I thought that I was doing it right.

Back
Top Bottom