Looking For 300w Quality LED

FredFlintston

Hi All, forgive me if this is not an appropriate post. Having read a fair amount about LED lighting I really want to do a LED flower. HTG did me good with my grow but they appear to be out of stock on the ~ 300W LED.

In reading about the LED's I came across a couple threads that led me to believe that some vendors are not all that credible. So with this I would like to defer to the wisdom of those more experienced than I and ask that you steer me down the path to a happy LED selection. Recommendations?

Re: Looking for ~ 300w quality LED

growledhydro.com the best out there

check out settingsun grow. compared to a 400w HID
irishboy. a great led grower

hope this helps

Thanks for the tip! I can't help but notice that the 300W is twice the cost of the 180w. SO what is the big difference? Having dealt with Reef Aquariums, wattage translated to penetration (i.e. the more the watts, the deeper the light penetrated). I assume the same is true here? If so, I am reading the core differentiators as;

180w - 4' x 4' coverage area, 2.8' x 2.5' core saturation
300w - 4.5' x 4.5' coverage area and 3' x 2.5' core saturation

Given my space of interest is < 4'x4' and the core saturation difference is .02', is there any other factor at play that should be considered when looking at twice the price for the 300w?

Thanks for the tip! I can't help but notice that the 300W is twice the cost of the 180w. SO what is the big difference? Having dealt with Reef Aquariums, wattage translated to penetration (i.e. the more the watts, the deeper the light penetrated). I assume the same is true here? If so, I am reading the core differentiators as;

180w - 4' x 4' coverage area, 2.8' x 2.5' core saturation
300w - 4.5' x 4.5' coverage area and 3' x 2.5' core saturation

Given my space of interest is < 4'x4' and the core saturation difference is .02', is there any other factor at play that should be considered when looking at twice the price for the 300w?

idk i have not had experience with the 300w so kind of hard for me to say. u just more wattge confined where as 180w just be able to cover more area.
i hve gone with the two 180w instead of 300w. but 300w will be next. i believe 2 180w are great in a 4x4. thats what i am doin and the light over laps anyway to say, kinda good.
i wouldnt say 1 180w is good for a 4x4. def need 2. one 600w is perfect for a 4x4, said even by owner.
good luck

Back
Top Bottom