Looking for a decent cheap LED grow light source

Get a real light

A Mars hydro or viperspectra are at or under $100 and will do great for one or two plants

Light bulbs are for yer kitchen table not growing. Now some experience growers have used them but not the way to start or learn to grow

Actually for one or two plants the 85 or 105 watt CFLs have done a great job for me in the past. Still use them in the nursery. Not everyone has the money sitting around for LEDs.

31ZerWoAHaL.jpg

Actually for one or two plants the 85 or 105 watt CFLs have done a great job for me in the past. Still use them in the nursery. Not everyone has the money sitting around for LEDs.

31ZerWoAHaL.jpg
I should mention these bulbs fit any common light fixture and cost around $15 each, are 5500K, and provide around 5,000 lumens. Big bang for the buck.

i paid 139$ on ebay for 135w 6 tube 6500k T5 agrobrite hydrofarms 4' fixture.
these guys are great sellers. i got 3 items to build my ten already, including fox farms soil.
tom

CFLs aren't enough to do anything for cannabis.

Since it appears you've never used the bulbs in question and I've been using them for 8 years, I would beg to differ. ...and LEDs are only slightly (~15-20%) more efficient.

I didn't expect the closed minds and attitudes here from members that have never walked this mile. The OPs question was "cheap" and you guys put the noses up and throw out the expensive solutions.

I've seen peeps use cfl, just a regular light bulb, and done well
They made 8x and 10x banks of them

I used some early on as side lighting with my T5s, not sure it helped....lol

Thing is, you can get a cheap Mars or viperspectra for under $100 that do great in a 2x2 or 2x3 space

As long as they get enough light, guess it doesn't matter what light is used

I've seen peeps use cfl, just a regular light bulb, and done well
They made 8x and 10x banks of them

I used some early on as side lighting with my T5s, not sure it helped....lol

Thing is, you can get a cheap Mars or viperspectra for under $100 that do great in a 2x2 or 2x3 space

As long as they get enough light, guess it doesn't matter what light is used
There ya go @IndigoBreeze ,

ive been following some grows with Mars TS1000, they are kickin butt. 4 of them give HLG run for their money im seeing.

ive been following some grows with Mars TS1000, they are kickin butt. 4 of them give HLG run for their money im seeing.
Now that's a light I'd invest in if it was practical for my budget haha

You guys do understand these 85 watt bulbs are not your typical CFLs correct? Like I said, until you worked with them you don't really understand. At only $15 and slightly less efficient that LEDs they do well for someone looking for inexpensive options.

Thank you for the recommendation. Mayne :circle-of-love:

Now that's a light I'd invest in if it was practical for my budget haha
TS might be the most advanced light for that price. :D and also with high PPE around 2.15~2.3umol.j. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom