Power usage:
3x Mars600 : ~7a
8" 745 CFM inline fan : 0.9a
8" 420 CFM fan : 0.35a
total amp : ~8.25 amp

What I'm planning to do for power:
1 of 2 wall socket: Timer -> surge protector -> 3x lights
2 of 2 wall socket: thermostat -> outlet splitter -> 2x fan

I'm planning to exhaust out my window (ducting -> elbow -> plywood cover). I want to paint both the elbow and plywood so it doesn't stand out. What kind of paint can I use or can I use spray paint?

This is my first tent so I just want to make sure everything looks right, if anything is wrong let me know. I know I can save a lot by DIYing parts but I've never really been a handyman, so I'm just going to stick with buying parts. I'm also only sticking with LED for the sake of simplicity. With that said, I did list my shopping list so if anything just looks unreasonably priced let me know, saving money is always welcomed! I'll take any upgrade or replacements into considerations as well.

Note: I need 3 lights but I'm purchasing 4 because I plan on building a veg tent later so might as well save now. Same for timer and ropes.

The setup
71fZLC8sXoL_SL1500_.jpg

Chart
list.png

Thanks for the reply! One thing I'm stuck on is how to put a filter on the exhaust. Usually their color isn't very stealthy, and painting it defeats the purpose... would a furnace filter be good to just put over the board?

With the tent down now I can move onto grow medium haha. I am thinking of 4 plants up to 5 feet with ScroG, I don't know if I should do one large reservoir or 4 separate DWC buckets?

I found this company called h2otogro, they're top 100 on amazon at the moment for their rDWC system they sell so I was wondering if anyone knows about them?

Hi and :welcome: to the 420 mag
I hope you will enjoy your stay.:)
Do start a journal so we can follow your grow.
Filter.. is it possible to use ordinary panty hose? And just pull over to get the filter in place?
420mag has some sponsors you might want to check them out too if you need anything.Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE (R) - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Also in the light of simplicity, I would suggest 4 buckets, they are easier to move around if necessary.

I would go with two Mars Reflectors 144 with 5w LED's over 3 Mars 600's with 3w LED's mars hydro led grow light -reflector 144

They are much better for flowering and two of them fit a 4x4 nicely.

I have that very setup in one of my tents.

They run very cool and I just vent to inside my spare bedroom. I run DWC and there is not much smell until the last three weeks of flower.

You really don't need to vent outside until then.

It would waste a lot of AC for me to be venting it out the house and I live where it gets very hot.

You could even run the filter and vent to inside the room. I live by myself and I just vent the whole grow inside without a filter.

If I needed to have someone over that was not cool I would just spray some air freshener and shut off the lights and fans for a while.

It has not been a big issue for me yet. But I don't have kids and I only have close friends over if the plants are putting out much smell.

Filter.. is it possible to use ordinary panty hose? And just pull over to get the filter in place?

Thanks for the reply!

If I stick with venting out the window through a plywood board then there's no way I can wrap pantyhose around the exhaust. I could use a furnace filter though the "slot" for my window is only 0.5" so I can't do both plywood and filter. If I can connect the ducting/elbow directly to the filter that would be great, but I have no idea how to do that...

I am entertaining the idea of not venting out since winter is coming anyways and I can see how much it smells by venting into my apartment. It's not like my apartment doesn't smell like weed already anyways haha.

Do start a journal so we can follow your grow.

Of course! My first few grows I'll definitely do a journal so if I run across any problems I can ask! Though I do have a book and plenty of resources now to work with haha.

I would go with two Mars Reflectors 144 with 5w LED's over 3 Mars 600's with 3w LED's

Hi and thanks for your input! While it is a bit late for me to change my lights now they have been shipped... I am still happy with the mars600 as I have heard so much about them and know many that use use. The reflectors I haven't heard much of and the price is more than the 600s, but fyi the mars600 uses 5w LEDs as well.

You really don't need to vent outside until then.

It would waste a lot of AC for me to be venting it out the house and I live where it gets very hot.

You could even run the filter and vent to inside the room.

I am actually entertaining that thought as SoCal does get really hot during summer and exhausting out might bring up the temperature of the tent... I think I will probably give that a try first and save on plywood and filter and just get some good old pantyhose!

Thanks for bringing me back to this forum haha. I completely forgot I was writing a grow journal.

But I ended up doing 2 mars600 light in my 4x4x7 with 8" intake and exhaust. I have a 4+1 rDWC and I have a dehumidifier plus a tower fan inside.

I didn't vent outside my window but I should because it's still too hot over winter, and because of that I 'm not going to grow over summer. I'm hoping one day I'll move into a house so I can grow outdoor over summer and indoor over winter haha.

Thanks for bringing me back to this forum haha. I completely forgot I was writing a grow journal.

But I ended up doing 2 mars600 light in my 4x4x7 with 8" intake and exhaust. I have a 4+1 rDWC and I have a dehumidifier plus a tower fan inside.

I didn't vent outside my window but I should because it's still too hot over winter, and because of that I 'm not going to grow over summer. I'm hoping one day I'll move into a house so I can grow outdoor over summer and indoor over winter haha.

No worries mate... haha cool 2x600s nicely done. I have a smaller tent 2.5x2.5x5 approx so I'm rocking 900 (a 6+3) so should work out well. If you want you can follow my journal too. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom