Looking for an answer

aztecbuds

For this nute question i have and didnt find it on this form anywhere unless im that blind that i swang passed it ,
well anyways my question is i mixed my water with my nutes but only had to water one plant, so the rest of the gallon is sitting, how long before it rots or i cant use it for my plants, i think its a good question lol if anyone knows, thanks much appreciated :Namaste:

if you keep it in the fridge and before you use it again add a little h202 to oxygenate it and check its PH is still in range, i don't see why you can't get 2 or 3 feeds out of it =)

i suspect one of our members a bit more aware of the chemistry could give you a much better answer. @Blue Planet Nutrients is one such member, who also happens to be a sponsor and manufatures some of the finest nutrients on the planet =)

good luck

For this nute question i have and didnt find it on this form anywhere unless im that blind that i swang passed it ,
well anyways my question is i mixed my water with my nutes but only had to water one plant, so the rest of the gallon is sitting, how long before it rots or i cant use it for my plants, i think its a good question lol if anyone knows, thanks much appreciated :Namaste:

I don't know the chemistry or anything but I can tell you what I do....

I check PH initially after I mix the nutes up. If I have some left over that's been sitting around, I check the PH one more time and use it. If I still have some left over (so maybe its been sitting for a week now) I just use it up until its gone. I have not had any issues.

If you have microbes in your mix they tend to balance the PH over time at least in my experience it creeps up to 7 ish PH.

just keep an eye on it, if it splits and seperates like curd and whey when milk goes off i wouldnt re use it. also smell is a very good indicator.

i also propose that some ingredients will b less active and more stable than others.

it may for example be ok to store a basic npk mix for a month but if you add in seaweed or enzymes or such it may expire much faster, again someone like BPN would be able to tell you far more than myself on this matter, i dont have a clue which are stable and which are volotile, but it would be nice to mix up a few hundred litres of partly made nutes and just add the active bits on demand.

Back
Top Bottom