Looking for MMJ in Wasilla or Anchorage Alaska

RowdyChowdy

Hi- my name is Jordan & i'm lookin for a Dr who prescribes MMJ in Anchorage or Wasilla Alaska, I have tried all the pills that the Dr, want me to swallow, but they just hurt me worse than the actual ailment, i want to go COMPLETELY HERBAL!!!!
PPLEASE- SOMEONE HELP ME!
THANX-Jordan Rowdy Chowdy

Hey Rowdy,

I live in Wasilla and I am also trying to find a doctor. I am a disabled vet but cant get mmj from the va. Did you manage to find anyone? I am tired of all of my prescriptions and their side effects.
Thanks

Can someone please pm me and educate me about ways to obtain some decent natural homegrown marijuana/plants in the valley. I looked at a few seed banks online but I am apprehensive of using them, Thanks for any help.

I am a former Alaska resident but I know nothing of current laws up there. I do know this site has some experienced MMJ growers and users in the valley, so this comment is more of a bump hoping one of them sees it and can help you out. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks Smokey,

The more I read and try to educate myself, I see that Alaska has some of the best smoke in the world. If someone from the valley or Anchorage does see this post please don't hesitate to pm me. I'm looking to grow my own and if someone could point me in the right direction for some seeds or plants it would be very much appreciated. Like I said before, I am hesitant about online purchases and would like something I know is locally grown and safe.

Thanks

Hello my friends,
I live in Fairbanks myself and I have already responded to somebody about this matter. This is the link to my response if you would like to read it: Post #812381. WARNING! My responses tend to be a bit lengthy

To put it short and sweet, the doctors cannot, by law, prescribe you anything. You have to get their written 'approval', so to speak, stating they recommend it, then you have to go through hoops just to get the registration card, followed by the fact that it will only allow you to hold it in your home. YOU CANNOT GET IT FROM A PHARMACY IN THIS STATE! PERIOD!
In my opinion you're better off just hitting up a connect that you or a trusted friend knows or growing it yourself. If you read my other lengthy response, you'll understand a bit more on why I say that. If you want to jump all the hoops and go through all the frustration of finding a doc that will even consider recommending you for it, then by all means. But technically...THEY CAN STILL ARREST YOU ANYWAYS! Even WITH the registration. The government and troopers here are only concerned with the fact that it is still nonetheless illegal nationally.

I hope this helps you out!

A quick edit to that, You can possess less than 1 (one) ounce of marijuana in your home without fear of penalty. That is the ONLY way you can legally do it by Alaska state law. AGAIN, IN YOUR HOME! YOU CANNOT TAKE IT OUT OF THE HOME OR IT WILL BECOME ILLEGAL! It's called trafficking. From 1 to 4 ounces however is still unclear and they can hit you with a misdemeanor charge for it, UNLESS they decide you had intent to sell and then it just gets worse...just be smart about it and you'll be fine.

ALWAYS REMEMBER IT IS STILL ILLEGAL BY NATIONAL LAW AND TO BE CAREFUL!

Hi- my name is Jordan & i'm lookin for a Dr who prescribes MMJ in Anchorage or Wasilla Alaska, I have tried all the pills that the Dr, want me to swallow, but they just hurt me worse than the actual ailment, i want to go COMPLETELY HERBAL!!!!
PPLEASE- SOMEONE HELP ME!
THANX-Jordan Rowdy Chowdy

Hi Jordan,
I too have been eating more narcotics for pain control than a living human should be taking and am also very tired of the side affects. I injured my back in Aug. 2002 and it's been one drug filled operation after another. While these quacks here in Anchorage are fine prescribing killer narcotics for pain control, (and by saying "killer" I don't mean that in a good way at all), I can't find any doctors here that will recommend medical marijuana as a treatment. As a matter of fact, every "pain control" doctor I've seen has forced me to sign an agreement that they can make me take a piss test anytime they want to and if I refuse or fail the piss test, (which includes marijuana), they will refuse to see me or recomend another doctor. Right now I've been taking narcotics for so long that I'm certainly adictied to them and I have to get refills every 28 days. It's a pretty sick setup to say the least, the doctors are making a fortune by seeing me for 10 minutes every month and the pharmacies are also making a killing every month filling all of my stinking prescribtions. Not a one of them cares how I really feel, they just have a good thing going and they don't want to screw it up. I've asked many doctors in Anchorage about medical marijuana and it's all the same story. "It's a depressant and not good for you and we don't want you to be more depressed than you already are and other b.s.). They don't care when I tell them I've been smoking pot for rec use for over 30 years. I've also tried contacting the state of AK regarding the law that was past a few years ago which does allow medical marijuana as a medical treatment but that has also done me no damn good. The more I think about this the more pissed off I get! Smoking a little bud takes so much of the bad feelings away and I actually smile for a change. While taking these damn narcotics only makes me want to put an end to everything, if you catch my drift. Cronic pain is a tough road to hoe and after a while it just seems like life isn't worth living anymore. Good luck on your quest and if you ever find any rightous doctor(s) who actually have any balls to do the right thing then please let me know!
John :rollit:

Fellow Alaskans!
I'm also in Fairbanks, and I was able to "get a card" for 4 years with no problems, but that ended 2 years ago when the M.D. signing my forms left the health center where he was seeing me. I know of no one else who is signing off now... although there is a D.O. who I heard actually offered that particular service to someone. I happen to know her personally, and we have mutual friends, so I'm not comfortable asking her. I've been asking around for over a year now, and had no success in finding a "compassionate care-giver". However, in my quest, I've considered this: With the statutes the way they are here in AK, whether you have a card or not, you can possess pretty much the same amount of cannabis. I've read that the state registry files are available to several unfriendly agencies. Is it maybe smarter just to do what we're all doing and trust the local cops to uphold the state law rather than to put our names on something that could hurt us somehow in the long run? To tell you the truth, one of the only reasons I wanted the card was to validate my little "choir loft" to anyone coming into my house to do repairs, etc.... (of which there have been many!) Counting on their sympathy, I guess....

Peace,
AKB

I have yet to find a "compassionate care-giver" in this state, seems like all they want to do is stick me in the back, cut me in the back or fill me up with dangerous narcotics. Right now I see my so called doctor every 28 days for about 10 minutes. He hands me my prescriptions and out the door I go until exactly 28 days later then it's the same thing all over again. And I have to take a piss test to make sure I'm not taking any illegal drugs, including marijuana!

So that's why I need a doctor to "sign ze papers", that and I'd also like to get back to growing my own like I did when I first moved to AK back in 1978. Peace! :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom