Looking For Scientific Data On Flowering Period

Supernaut

So I have been searching online to no avail so maybe someone has a link they can share with me:

I'm trying to learn more about the flowering period of the cannabis plant. Not the typical, general knowledge type stuff but step by step info on the changes the plant goes through and in-depth info on the growth of the flower itself. I'm not looking for info on nutes, pot size, light, ventilation or hydro v soil type stuff. I am looking for an extremely in depth read about the plant, the growth of flowers, chemical/physical changes ect. only. Basically, a botanical/biological study rather than a cultivation tutorial.

:thanks: in advance to anyone that can help.

Perhaps this may help if not ask about a specific part,

Upon entering flowering (reproductive stage) the plant begins to stretch. The reason for this is cannabis forms a special type of flower, from a "terminal node, secondary, or flower site" the plant begins to elongate the "Flower" site to allow room for the Raceme (a type of inflorescence). Cannabis is not a single flower, it is a small cluster that forms along a "pedicel" from every "node site" therefore the reason we wait 8~12 weeks is to ensure full development of the "Flower sites", after the plant has expressed a point of maturity it begins senescence.

Great info, but looking for stuff like how flowers evolve (Even Time-Lapse photo/video of this would be awesome), chemicals the plant uses to create thc and how, how trichomes are created by the plant. Pretty much what you posted but everything that happens along the way as well.

Well now your asking the right questions, much more detailed, as for actual documentation it is scarce because Cannabis is highly regulated by the government as we know.
I would recommend taking a hobby into the realm of botany.. Many of the chemical properties of cannabis are similar to that of other flowers, Trichomes are present on many alike plants, even carnivorous plants "Carnivorous plants form a sweet nectar at the tip of a trichome to attract prey". The cannabinoids on the tips of the trichomes are what make cannabis what it is "a recreational "drug"" if you would. As for specific chemicals the list consists of 0.1% to 6% (Of a plants dry weight) "6" Six Macro elements (N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S). And required at 1~300ppm (Of the plants dry weight) "9" Nine Micro elements (Fe, Zn, Mn, Cu, B, Mo, Ni, Cl, Si) I know this may sound like information you already know but it is all required for the formation of any given function of any given plant, period.. As for formation of cannabinoids on the trichomes is something of its own.

So I have been searching online to no avail so maybe someone has a link they can share with me:

I'm trying to learn more about the flowering period of the cannabis plant. Not the typical, general knowledge type stuff but step by step info on the changes the plant goes through and in-depth info on the growth of the flower itself. I'm not looking for info on nutes, pot size, light, ventilation or hydro v soil type stuff. I am looking for an extremely in depth read about the plant, the growth of flowers, chemical/physical changes ect. only. Basically, a botanical/biological study rather than a cultivation tutorial.

:thanks: in advance to anyone that can help.
Try Michael Starks Marijuana Chemistry, its a good read

Back
Top Bottom