Looking for some feedback

Greenhouse250

I have a small space I'm trying to set up 4.5'x5.5'x8'. I'm vegging right now with one 400w and four 4' cfl. Wondering if i should just buy another 400w or bite the bullet and buy a 1000w. So would two 400w make more heat then the 1000w? also will the two 400w be less on the hydro bill or will the 1000w be more efficient?

thank you for any help cheers:smokin:

I would use two 400w hps lights air cooled you can have them a lot closer then the 1000w hps but for just a lil bit more you could get two 600w hps the most efficient of the three.

hey thx for reply, i already have the 400w so its either one more 400w or a 1000w. what if the 1000w was air cooled? Also what's more efficient? the two 400w or the 1000w as far as the hydro bill?

I can pick up a two month old 1000w hps and bulb for 80$ can.

hey thx for reply, i already have the 400w so its either one more 400w or a 1000w. what if the 1000w was air cooled? Also what's more efficient? the two 400w or the 1000w as far as the hydro bill?

I can pick up a two month old 1000w hps and bulb for 80$ can.

well lets see if i remember what eve read so far ok..... you can have 1000w hps air cooled and put it closer to the canopy but you would also lose the amount of space you can cover overall. if you go with the two 400w hps lamps have them air cooled you can have them closer, cover more space and overall save on the light bill to!

P.S. If anybody has a better answer please help me correct my thinking as it pertains to this question or questions he asked me because im still in the learning stage.... well ill always be on the learning stage there's always more we can learn. :peace:

go with 2 400w. you'll get more coverage. but the 1000w will do the job just a lot of uneveness with some plants. but me personally would do 2 400w. cheaper and more effective i think. on the heat, one 1000w will run hotter than 2 400w.

hi mate im running 2 x 600 watt hps i cud of got a 1000 watt hps .......but it covers less of an area........im finding a more even grow with the 2 bulbs as opposed 1 buld.............you see its called a light footprint ......basically a 1000 watt bulb will concentrate on the middle area of your grow.......but the outsides will get less light........2 bulbs will give all plants equal light therefore produce more yeild overall.........im gonna try put a link in here to a grow where i used 2 x 400 watt hps.........take a good look round the grow area and you will see all these buds from the outta buds to the inner buds are indeed very uniformed Weedtastics white russian soil grow.........hope this helps...........be lucky weedtastic

Thank you Weed and Mystic for your time and feedback. Looks like two 400w is the favored way to go. Going to check that link out...:popcorn:

cheers

hi mate im running 2 x 600 watt hps i cud of got a 1000 watt hps .......but it covers less of an area........im finding a more even grow with the 2 bulbs as opposed 1 buld.............you see its called a light footprint ......basically a 1000 watt bulb will concentrate on the middle area of your grow.......but the outsides will get less light........2 bulbs will give all plants equal light therefore produce more yeild overall.........im gonna try put a link in here to a grow where i used 2 x 400 watt hps.........take a good look round the grow area and you will see all these buds from the outta buds to the inner buds are indeed very uniformed Weedtastics white russian soil grow.........hope this helps...........be lucky weedtastic
You See WH, homie I told you people will come help you out and explain what I was saying to you in a better fashion. I love this site its my second home lmfao!!!!!:laugh::biglaugh::drool::blalol:

Back
Top Bottom