Looking for some help

Miamihustlers

I dont know what I'm doing wrong I'm letting it go until I see 30 to 50% amber and I've tried wet trim and also dry trim my temps are 68 to 73f with 55 to 62% humidity i hang dry for 7 days and still after 2 weeks curing my bud still seems to turn brown..so far I've harvested 2 jack Herrera 2 northern lights auto and now these bruce banger all seeds from seedsmen.com so if anybody can pls tell me what I'm doing wrong..oh and the smell is totally gone

Attachments

• IMG_20191009_124209_579.jpg
    IMG_20191009_124209_579.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 20191119_225602.jpg
    20191119_225602.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 38
Agree with both above.
That dont look like it could possibly be 30+% amber.
And you might be drying to far and fast, or if you dont use Boveda packs then just getting too dry after a couple weeks.
All bud turns brown after a long cure but that's usually after at least 9 months or more.
But by then the true aromas of the cultivar really come through.
My last jar of Blueberry I have is over a year cured and it totally smells like a bowl of fresh blueberries, much more than it did the first month or two.

Are you sure it's 30-50% Amber? There's still a lot of white pistils there. Also is it dark where you dry/ is there any air flow? Curing might help to bring out the smell more
Yes I'm drying in my closet so I got the darkness down packed airflow on point, but I'm still running into the same problem I'm going to try and hang only for 3 to 4 days dry before I jar where I live it's pretty humid 24/7

Agree with both above.
That dont look like it could possibly be 30+% amber.
And you might be drying to far and fast, or if you dont use Boveda packs then just getting too dry after a couple weeks.
All bud turns brown after a long cure but that's usually after at least 9 months or more.
But by then the true aromas of the cultivar really come through.
My last jar of Blueberry I have is over a year cured and it totally smells like a bowl of fresh blueberries, much more than it did the first month or two.
That pic was taken 3 weeks before harvest it's just that I didn't take any pics of this last harvest so I wanted you guys to see what I mean about change of color sorry if I misled in any way...

That pic was taken 3 weeks before harvest it's just that I didn't take any pics of this last harvest so I wanted you guys to see what I mean about change of color sorry if I misled in any way...
Gotcha. If you Use your hygrometer and jar the buds up for cure with no humidity packs what's your rh after a few hours? it's my understanding that the packs should be used to stabilize the humidity where you want it, not to help bring it to where you want it to be

Yes I'm drying in my closet so I got the darkness down packed airflow on point, but I'm still running into the same problem I'm going to try and hang only for 3 to 4 days dry before I jar where I live it's pretty humid 24/7

A longer dry is better. It sounds like your drying it too fast and or too far. I put mine in jars at 60-62%rh after hanging the whole plant for 7-10 days. You don't want lots of airflow while drying, you want enough to keep the air mixed around the buds without speeding up the drying process. Terpenes (the smell) evaporate pretty easily.

Your numbers are pretty good so it is a little bit confusing why your having problems. Are there any other problems with it besides just the brown color?

I dont know what I'm doing wrong I'm letting it go until I see 30 to 50% amber and I've tried wet trim and also dry trim my temps are 68 to 73f with 55 to 62% humidity i hang dry for 7 days and still after 2 weeks curing my bud still seems to turn brown..so far I've harvested 2 jack Herrera 2 northern lights auto and now these bruce banger all seeds from seedsmen.com so if anybody can pls tell me what I'm doing wrong..oh and the smell is totally gone
It could be from to much heat or light during drying.

Back
Top Bottom