Looking for some middle-of-the-road advice

ringmanme

I'm a 50- something year old head that is experiencing a dwindling access to herb. I've been smoking for over 35 years and experienced many varietys of herb, hashish, and hash oil. I do appreciate the devotion and fine work that many of the members here have done in developing the various strains and variants that I've seen on this site. I have had access to some excellent quality herbs over the years but, to be frank, I just can't afford them. I have satiated myself over the last dozen years just buy run off the mill skunk weed that cost me about $85 a half oz. This lasts me about 3 to 4 months. Due to my worsening financials, the ever threat of exposing myself to law enforcement, risking a 20 plus year career and the sole support of a wife and 3 young kids, I decided to grow some bag seed in the basement.

The Particulars
Bag Seed
Miracle Grow Potting Mix (soiless) on top & half composted cow manure mixed with bagged topsoil on bottom
4 plants in 5 Gal buckets
2 - 105 watt 6500 K cfl ( approx 13,500 lumens total)
4 - 40 watt 6500 K 48" linear flourescent (12,200 lumens total)
6 - 26 watt 2700 K cfl ( 10,500 lumens total)
Nutes 10-15-10 water soluble fert
temps 65- 70 deg.

Plants are approx 6 weeks old and 18 inches tall with a 21/3 light cycle.

I'm moving to a 12/12 light cycle to getting these babys to flower and to harvest. I am need to harvest by June 15th.

My first of several questions follows. I was happy with the Columbian that i used to smoke back in the 70's and it had seeds. In fact, what I'm smoking now has seeds. How much am I reducing the quality/quantity of my harvest if I let the male plants (that's assuming I can accurately ID the male plants before they fertilize the "girls") go to maturity? How much THC do the male prode vice the females. Can I separate them in seperate grow areas to flower and mature?

My reason for asking is that,I don't need to get waisted. I'm not looking to harvest a one hit and you are out killer weed. I don't won't to destroy may lungs in process of trying to relax either. I just want to blow an occassional dube and get a little spacey.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

ringmanme
Just trying to chill in the Mid-Atlantic States

Sweet deal man... Sounds good bro!!! The only thing is the MG soil.. It has a time release nutes which may burn your plant out.... But i think the cow menuer will even things out... And also the male plants will still produce good qaulity buds.. Just with a lot of seeds... if u pull the males the females will produce more bigger buds without seeds.. Depends if u like picking seeds out.... Or just grabing a juicy dank nug and throwing right in there no de-seeding.... Good luck man sound like your headed down the right road!!!

Ditch the MG soil...it'll be fine for a few days, but as more roots get down the burn will begin. Look around your area for Fox Farm soil...if not available in your area, go online and order some...it'll be worth the money.

Make sure your medium keeps plenty of air space. You don't want it compacting around the roots. (add perlite etc.)

Ringmanme, I read your post a couple times. You don't say how many plants. You don't indicate a need for continuous production. You seem to want two or three oz to enjoy till you do it again next year. Two or three mature budded females will be enough. You're not gonna hit your harvest date goal, takes 8 or so weeks, but you'll get something. Hope you're already on 12s. Couple weeks the boys will show sign. Pics all over this web site to recognize this. Pull them when you know, males don't make much THC. If they pollenate the girls, you can smoke what you get, but there'll be less of it. If you have healthy green plants, you're doing good. I wish you luck. One big, mature budded female MJ plant can set you up for years, except you'll likely smoke more when you have an ample supply of the more better home grown chronic kine.

Doh, reread again and you do say. Four, undetermined. Pull the males when they show balz, you don't want to smoke them. Your problem may be odor control when you ventilate in the heat soon to come. You must ventilate even if only to replenish CO2. Even a closet in a locked bedroom with its own window air unit and only one (bad but not horrible luck) plant budding can cause young minds to want to know. There are reasonable solutions to all minor problems.

Back
Top Bottom