Looking for some opinions

CharlieSheen

So I am thinking of getting a 10x10 tent and having 20 plants in there under a scrog that's 10 on each side each plant will have 2 sqft and 2 ft down the middle of the tent for access and having 4 600w hps lights is there a better way I could use this space or does this seem the best option I was thinking of using 4 1000w hps but I already have 1 600 and ballast and also will be less heat and less money on electricity so would love to hear people's opinions

Not sure it has the coverage I need had a look at other ones but they start to get really expensive what you think about the layout do you think 20 plants is a good amount in that space

Not an electrician but I hope you have thought out the amperage needed. Sounds to me as though you will need a minimum of (2)-15/20 amp circuits? Keeping in mind you will likely need (2) 8" inline fans with filters for ventilation and odor as well as possibly a dehumidifier/ac unit to regulate the environment. Not trying to rattle your cage but I have 3 4x4x6 tents going with 1000w in (2 flower) and 400w in 1 for veg. My close friend is a Master Electrician and just set up my basement this past weekend. When I explained what I was doing he said I needed to break it up! He put each on it's own circuit so as not to put too much load and constantly trip the breaker. What your doing is fine but definitely look into the load your putting on the circuit. If it's on 1 circuit I doubt it will hold the load. Something to think about. Good Luck! Keep us posted....

Not an electrician but I hope you have thought out the amperage needed. Sounds to me as though you will need a minimum of (2)-15/20 amp circuits? Keeping in mind you will likely need (2) 8" inline fans with filters for ventilation and odor as well as possibly a dehumidifier/ac unit to regulate the environment. Not trying to rattle your cage but I have 3 4x4x6 tents going with 1000w in (2 flower) and 400w in 1 for veg. My close friend is a Master Electrician and just set up my basement this past weekend. When I explained what I was doing he said I needed to break it up! He put each on it's own circuit so as not to put too much load and constantly trip the breaker. What your doing is fine but definitely look into the load your putting on the circuit. If it's on 1 circuit I doubt it will hold the load. Something to think about. Good Luck! Keep us posted....

I have 2 3'3"x3'3"x6' tents side by side. I have a 430cfm 6" fan that is is spit to both tents and keeps them in negative pressure when thy are closed. I am running the fan about 1/2 speed and you can see the sides of the tents suck in.

As for size, I think you should be fine with 20 trained plants in that area. :peace:

Yes I am aware definitely don't want to be burning the place down I'm going to work all that out when I get that far just in the planning stages right now thanks for the input

I have 2 3'3"x3'3"x6' tents side by side. I have a 430cfm 6" fan that is is spit to both tents and keeps them in negative pressure when thy are closed. I am running the fan about 1/2 speed and you can see the sides of the tents suck in.

Guessing 600w in each? That would draw about 12 amps with nothing else running. Most breakers are 15 amp. Pushing it with a 2nd circulating fan for movement or a small humidifier/dehumidifier. 11amps for lights, 1.5 for fan, plus other?

All those HPS will produce a lot of heat, do you have an AC installed or plan on installing? The bigger the set up, the more there is to think about. I think the HPS would give more coverage than the LED imo, and probably more light penetration, but it does cost more in the end

All those HPS will produce a lot of heat, do you have an AC installed or plan on installing? The bigger the set up, the more there is to think about. I think the HPS would give more coverage than the LED imo, and probably more light penetration, but it does cost more in the end

I was hoping to get away with the A/C and just use a fan that can remove all the heat like a 1000 cfm with speed control and bringing in cold air not sure on the intake yet

Back
Top Bottom