Looking for Strain Reccomendations

GanjaTuck

I will be using DWC in a 3'W x 1.5'D x 6'H grow box with CFLs for lighting (for right now at least). I would like to produce something quickly to get me started and then I will move to a normal crop of 2 plants per cycle. For the sake of speed I want to do autoflowering for the first grow, and then focus on a good yielding strain for normal growing. This is all for personal use and I need yields around 3-4oz every 3-4 months (I smoke about an oz per month basically).

For autoflowering I am looking for recommendations of strains that tend to grow a main cola with little bushing so that a good number can be planted in a smaller space (similar to SOG), have a decent yield for their size, and are relatively low odor since I don't have a carbon filter.

For my regular growing strains I am looking for recommendations that are easy to keep under 4', tend to be high yielding compared to other strains, have low odor, and aren't incredibly high maintenance.

I prefer a high that allows me to get things done during the day, but helps reduce anxiety and depression. I don't mind couch lock highs, but I prefer to save that for the end of the day when I don't have anything else to do. Ideally I would prefer strains that have less effect on appetite since I'm fine in that department.

Have not done much for auto but have 2 girls of the short stuff and have about a month to go. I did veg them so they are slighty branching out. I could take a pic if you would like but for a small plant this is a good choice. They are in soil and outside maybe a foot tall or so.

auto flowering strain- short stuff
Genetics: William’s Wonder / Northern Lights No. 2 / Mexican Ruderalis
Harvest Date: 2 months from sowing.
Flowering Period: 5 weeks
No of Seeds Per Packet: 10
Characteristics: Small, hardy, autoflowering strain
Yield: 14-36g per plant

A new auto-flowering strain developed by our growers in the Netherlands and at half the price of original lowryder it offers great value
Passing directly from the seedling to the flowering stage, Short Stuff altogether does away with the vegetative growth stage, in a process called autoflowering. In other words, when planted, it sprouts, grows a couple sets of leaves, then immediately and automatically begins flowering (males at about day 17, females at day 20). As a result, it is the quickest, most compact, and most discrete plant available.

This is not a huge commercial strain but a great alternative to traditional strains with many new advantages

IMG_04797.JPG

That definitely has the shape I'm looking for. Even that bushy I could plant them pretty densely. How old is that plant?

I dont do auto ditch weed so I cant help with that one but Northern lights fits your requirements. its stable,potent,mold and bug resistant and a good yielder.

Tell me what you really think. :blalol:

I'll give it a go. Thanks for the advice.

Ill explain. Auto strains are Ruderalis..crossed with something that actually has THC in it. Its Russian ditch weed..Im not joking.
that is not my beef..I think they are cool and they have their place in growing..for the sake of growing.
my beef is this..Breeders are business men...they will sell what the market will buy. when the breeders spend their resources on that type of seed they dont have a financial reason to keep the landraces around. ALL the original landrace strains are pretty much gone. they crossed landraces with Indicas to make a more marketable shorter flowering strain.
We all know that a real sativa will flower 14-16 weeks...or more.
its not finacialy viable for indoor growers to grow a landrace sativa
takes too long...cant really grow to height because its indoors. and the yield will be terrible....BUT....the high is preferable for alot of people.
again the breeders try to take the best traits and come up with a short strain.
We have almost lost all the pure Sativas and Indicas...EVERYTHING you buy today is mixed....but when we continue on this path it gets worse.
Jeez even Greenhouse has an autoflower now...and they are the ones that are always proclaiming being a strain hunter. Hopefully they have the resources to continue that.
Im part of the problem, I dont grow landraces...I grow the mixed strains but I draw the line there and wont spend my money supporting ruderalis crosses.
If you gotta grow something and thats all you can do than do it..I dont blame you. Ill smash my soapbox now

Great info Pit- I am not sure about the autoflowers just yet, I will have to smoke it to give my full opinion. I dont't think I would purchase auto flowers do to the fact they don't yield that much and take up a number of how many plants I can have. The seeds were some freebies from discountseeds so thought I would give 2 a try and see what they come up with. More or less I am just stoked to have a little different smoke soon before my next harvest.

I will be using DWC in a 3'W x 1.5'D x 6'H grow box with CFLs for lighting (for right now at least). I would like to produce something quickly to get me started and then I will move to a normal crop of 2 plants per cycle. For the sake of speed I want to do autoflowering for the first grow, and then focus on a good yielding strain for normal growing. This is all for personal use and I need yields around 3-4oz every 3-4 months (I smoke about an oz per month basically).

For autoflowering I am looking for recommendations of strains that tend to grow a main cola with little bushing so that a good number can be planted in a smaller space (similar to SOG), have a decent yield for their size, and are relatively low odor since I don't have a carbon filter.

For my regular growing strains I am looking for recommendations that are easy to keep under 4', tend to be high yielding compared to other strains, have low odor, and aren't incredibly high maintenance.

I prefer a high that allows me to get things done during the day, but helps reduce anxiety and depression. I don't mind couch lock highs, but I prefer to save that for the end of the day when I don't have anything else to do. Ideally I would prefer strains that have less effect on appetite since I'm fine in that department.
Me personally, I like them widows !! But ya got to grow a few plants, smoke them all to determine which is more potent, and regenerate that plant, and clone baby clone !! With the little bit that you smoke, you only need to grow one plant, maybe two to be sure, every 3 months. One WW plant under 400 watt hid will give you about 1/4 lb . They say that there's more potent strains out there, but widow is the best i've personally experienced. Just remember, one or maybe two , out of 10 seeds, will be what makes you say,' Wow, That's good shit,' !! But once you find the high that's you are after, then it's all downhill !! But the widow is not a product to go to work on !! Ha !! Been there did that !! Long day !! Just my 2 cents !!

Thanks for the info PV. The only reason I'm using them is because I want something quick that can hold me over until I can grow something much better.

@Slowpuffer

Aren't most widow strains rather high maintenance? My biggest issues are lack of humidity, high temperatures, and somewhat drastic temperature swings. The last two are a little easier to manage just by keeping them indoors where the A/C will be on, but the humidity can fluctuate quite a bit depending on the day and I don't have the equipment to prevent it from swinging.

(I live in the desert if that wasn't obvious from the problems I listed.)

Thanks for the info PV. The only reason I'm using them is because I want something quick that can hold me over until I can grow something much better.

@slowpuffer

Aren't most widow strains rather high maintenance? My biggest issues are lack of humidity, high temperatures, and somewhat drastic temperature swings. The last two are a little easier to manage just by keeping them indoors where the A/C will be on, but the humidity can fluctuate quite a bit depending on the day and I don't have the equipment to prevent it from swinging.

(I live in the desert if that wasn't obvious from the problems I listed.)
Well if I lived in the desert, i'd be growing outside .

Maximum penalties are always enforced, nothing to provide cover to hide from fly over, my health not allowing me to carry the needed supplies into the middle of the desert, and local wildlife that I'm not willing to harm simply for some marijuana.

Bottom line, I'm not going to be growing outside.

Back
Top Bottom