Looking for trusted breeder for dense strains: Barney's Farm?

Not sure I buy that. Maybe if you got in the 100s. In nature they get a lot more than 80. I dont think it damages them.

No ones TRYing to go over 80 but mother nature is a bitch.
You can lose terpenes at room temp and if you add heat you lose more. We try to one up nature to get the very best from our plants. We also try to keep our terpenes intact as much as possible.
Esters are even more prone to volitalize at high heat. We are just starting to recognize how important esters are, especially for whole plant therapies.

Samantha Miller at Pure Annalytics is the source for this info. Not touting bro science here.

I usually judge electronics by weight. Especially PC power supply.
If you say so.

The idea is, quality parts weigh more. For example in pc power supplies its a sign of heavier guage wire.
The weight has no impact on performance what so ever.
High temps what? Who claims that? Sounds like more stoner myth.

And there is no way you can connect bud density to potency.
100% high temperatures can cause airy buds and foxtails, especially with indica dominant strains that are less resistant to heat. It's not a myth.

The reason some on here are a bit testy is because if you're giving advice to people on here and they don't follow up with doing their own research, you're setting them up for failure.
Thank you for trying to help though!

Where do you get this idea that quality equates to weight with lighting fixtures? This isn’t 1985.. welcome to 2020 where you have a PC that fits in your pocket. Lol I understand your a computer whisperer and can size one up just by looking at it but grow lights are totally different then a PC my man. You don’t lift a light and decide “ya it’s some good shit in there” haha you need to understand the lights cooling capabilities (or lack of), diode quality, spectrum of light, ppfd, par, footprint, micromoles per joule (efficacy) ... I promise you, you could go to the store and buy the biggest heaviest light they have and it still doesn’t mean it’s as efficient as the little light sitting next to it. I’m just trying to help you out my man, I’ve seen you scooting around the forums spitting everyone’s advice back in their face so this will be the only time I explain this to you. If you can’t grasp it after this, it’s up to you to do your own research.
^ he is right

High temps will make looser buds.
Budget LED is great.
but why worry about density? Loose airy buds like Haze have some of the best and longest highs.
Good morning BB.

You caught me BB! I just made that myth up to confuse all the people wanting dense dope.
Next time you should say fake news or bro science. That’s the hip way of dismissing somebody without using reasoning.
I'm trying to find a way to lower my temps. It ran around 80-81F with only the 250 watt and now with adding the 2nd light I'll need to do something. A small ac unit maybe

You can lose terpenes at room temp and if you add heat you lose more. We try to one up nature to get the very best from our plants. We also try to keep our terpenes intact as much as possible.
Esters are even more prone to volitalize at high heat. We are just starting to recognize how important esters are, especially for whole plant therapies.

Samantha Miller at Pure Annalytics is the source for this info. Not touting bro science here.
Do you have a link to her study?

100% high temperatures can cause airy buds and foxtails, especially with indica dominant strains that are less resistant to heat. It's not a myth.

The reason some on here are a bit testy is because if you're giving advice to people on here and they don't follow up with doing their own research, you're setting them up for failure.

^ he is right

I'm trying to find a way to lower my temps. It ran around 80-81F with only the 250 watt and now with adding the 2nd light I'll need to do something. A small ac unit maybe
electronics :
Im not going to argue with you. I make one throw away comment about a minor tip that helps me and I get mocked and bullied by those who dont understand.

If you dont underatand what wire "guage" is or how having heavier guage wire in a PC power supply is a massive difference over garbage/cheap wire, then I dont care to discuss it with you.
Heat:

And after doing some research, there are others with the same thoery about heat/density. But you havw to get closer to 100 to run into that. 80-85 isnt an issue. It might not be ideal. But its not "High"

Lastly. There is difference between a throw away comment like. "I look for weight in electronics" and actual advice, "do XYZ to fix problems"
If people did their own research they wouldnt be here. I wpuls argue you set yourself up for failure. Dont try and put that on me.

Please dont respond because I am frustrated. Feeling attacked and ready to ignore more people.

I already blocked and reported mr insulting.

^ he is right

I also use a budget 250. But in a 4x4. With the exhaust fan on 24/7 it was getting into the mid 80's on the last tent run. The budget light is nice and cool. No way I could do it with a HPS. Outside it is 103 right now.
But back to bud density... genetics are most important, then selection, then environment/culture.
To me density is not really an issue, I don't sell any weed nor feel the need to impress buyers with dense nugs. I've come to the realization that the quality of the high is most important, then aroma, taste, bag appeal, etc...
I prefer big sativa flowers, easy to manicure and smoke.

electronics :
Im not going to argue with you. I make one throw away comment about a minor tip that helps me and I get mocked and bullied by those who dont understand.

If you dont underatand what wire "guage" is or how having heavier guage wire in a PC power supply is a massive difference over garbage/cheap wire, then I dont care to discuss it with you.
Heat:

And after doing some research, there are others with the same thoery about heat/density. But you havw to get closer to 100 to run into that. 80-85 isnt an issue. It might not be ideal. But its not "High"

Lastly. There is difference between a throw away comment like. "I look for weight in electronics" and actual advice, "do XYZ to fix problems"
If people did their own research they wouldnt be here. I wpuls argue you set yourself up for failure. Dont try and put that on me.

Please dont respond because I am frustrated. Feeling attacked and ready to ignore more people.

Seems a bit sensitive, my friend. All he tried to do was correct you so that people don't get mislead. It's also to help you as the weight really doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the light, budgetLED make great lights and Barney's strains are quality. I understand gauge wire, but that isn't the topic here.

Can't really say that you have to get closer to 100F for the heat issue either as it differs strain by strain. Some more resistant than others.

I'm not trying to argue, just here to learn and share insight with everyone. Unsure how asking for opinions about breeders from people who have used their seeds is setting myself up for failure.

If being on a discussion forum and receiving any push back makes you feel attacked, mocked, bullied and frustrated then I don't know what to tell you. It would likely be more helpful to have a discussion then ignore, block and report.. unless they're actually being mean for no good reason.

I also use a budget 250. But in a 4x4. With the exhaust fan on 24/7 it was getting into the mid 80's on the last tent run. The budget light is nice and cool. No way I could do it with a HPS. Outside it is 103 right now.
But back to bud density... genetics are most important, then selection, then environment/culture.
To me density is not really an issue, I don't sell any weed nor feel the need to impress buyers with dense nugs. I've come to the realization that the quality of the high is most important, then aroma, taste, bag appeal, etc...
I prefer big sativa flowers, easy to manicure and smoke.
Yea it gets hot here as well.

I can respect that. I haven't grown any sativas yet, I think the badazz OG cheese seeds I have are sativa but the plant gets way too tall for my 2x4. I struggle to keep the correct distance between the lights and the plants even with the indicas I grow. That's why I switched back to photoperiods so that I can mainline them.

Back to the topic of this thread. I just switched from hid to a budget led not long ago do can't really give my opinion yet. I did do my research before buying they are quality built. I don't want a light from China I don't want to support a comunist country the oppresses its people. I have grown a few Barney's farm stains Al have been good solid genetics. Quick pic from my last grow Barney's farm gorilla Zkittlez.
IMG_20200426_183118.jpg
IMG_20200426_183040.jpg

I haven't had any PM or anything. I did lose most of a plant to bud rot but that was during drying and that shouldn't happen again.

Lots and lots of circulation.
Just done this mate, full plant ruined and when I opened the box to see a nice glaze of snow over them I wanted to cry but laughed :laugh:.

Back to the topic of this thread. I just switched from hid to a budget led not long ago do can't really give my opinion yet. I did do my research before buying they are quality built. I don't want a light from China I don't want to support a comunist country the oppresses its people. I have grown a few Barney's farm stains Al have been good solid genetics. Quick pic from my last grow Barney's farm gorilla Zkittlez.
IMG_20200426_183118.jpg
IMG_20200426_183040.jpg
Were they grown under the HID? I see they're showing some foxtails and cupping. Do you know what temps during flower?

I would strongly suggest Royal Queen Seeds for sure, even with cfl lights I ended up with dense pebbles.

Seedsmans own genetics too are bang on.

As for mould, there's no one out there that suffers from mould more than me trust!

I'm currently dealing with mould every grow now, I find the denser the buds the more I get and why even with 50%?, pretty positive the reason being is small dead leaves dying back into the bud then causing problems.

Anyway though yeah look in my journals there's some good examples from RQS.

Ya 1000 watt HPS so that's why your seeing some heat related issues. Averaged 12 oz per plant.
Nice! I tried using an HPS on my 2nd grow, granted it wasn't enough wattage. It was just too much heat for my closet setup. I really like the budgetLED lights so far, especially the new series 3+ full specs because they let you switch between spectrums. I only run one tent so it's perfect for me.

Is the gorilla zkittlez the only strain you've run from them? I'm gonna pop either the wedding cake or purple punch as soon as they get here.

I would strongly suggest Royal Queen Seeds for sure, even with cfl lights I ended up with dense pebbles.

Seedsmans own genetics too are bang on.

As for mould, there's no one out there that suffers from mould more than me trust!

I'm currently dealing with mould every grow now, I find the denser the buds the more I get and why even with 50%?, pretty positive the reason being is small dead leaves dying back into the bud then causing problems.

Anyway though yeah look in my journals there's some good examples from RQS.
I've run Zkittlez and GelatOG from seedsman. No density but i'll likely rerun them with my added light and try to fine tune the environment to see if it improves.
I'll check out your journals for sure.

As for mold, are you getting plenty of air flow? At 50% I'd think you would be fine.
Dr Seeeds and new420guy are proven solid in my book. Of course Barney’s Farm and bomb genetics as well.. weedseedexpress is a new breeder I’m trying on this next grow, their strain list is awesome and reviews are promising.
I'll check them out. I'm pretty limited to only what seedsman carries, I've never used any other website. I'm in the US.

I'll check them out. I'm pretty limited to only what seedsman carries, I've never used any other website. I'm in the US.
I am in the U.S. as well friend. New420guy is in Nevada, Dr seeds you can order online from Canada to the U.S. Weedseedexpress is based out of the Netherlands but they ship to the U.S. as well (took two weeks to get my order from them). I go through “the vault” seed bank to get access to Barney’s, Bomb, and all the other U.K. banks that don’t normally ship to the U.S ... just to give you an idea if your in the states there’s plenty of options.
Edit: WeedSeedExpress has the most low key form of shipping the seeds, there was no way a customs agent would have found the seeds so I’m digging them so far

Is the gorilla zkittlez the only strain you've run from them? I'm gonna pop either the wedding cake or purple punch as soon as they get here
I have grown there cheese smaller yield but very tasty. I have there blue cheese going now. I am a sucker for a good cheese strain. I also have in-stock but not grown yet from Barney's triple cheese, violator kush and critical Kush.

I loved RQS Zkittles and I got some nice dense buds too, Sherbet Queen I've had two phenos turn out to be 7 week strains and really dense buds but slightly smaller than most strains but totally worth it.

I'm currently growing RQS Critical and White Widow both being big dense producers, I'm about to be germinating 3 Legandary OG Punch & Sherbet Queen from RQS, can't wait.

I’m sorry did I catch that correctly? You judge electronics by weight? ... fuck quality components huh? :rofl: Couple wiggles of the box and your a guru! I feel like your doing this on purpose now. Hahah:popcorn:

I've got an LED grow light that weighs something like 33.1 pounds (and had an original MSRP of $999). It's... okay. But I'd trade it for one of those ~$600 "easily hold at arm's length in one hand" Samsung Quantum Board products, or a pair of the new Mars Hydro SP3000s.

In a heartbeat, probably. There is some truth to the statement that the kid made about weight in electronics, in that a stout heatsink is generally a good idea (at least in passively-cooled devices). But, like many of the statements he has made in his short time here, it's at best a half-truth (Eighth, lol?).

Im not going to argue with you.

Well, that qualifies as being a slight improvement in your behavior, at least.

I make one throw away comment

Yeah. You seem to have become known for doing that kind of thing here. And, frankly, known for little else. And, since the forum is full of people who do not have the experience to know better, you end up creating more work for us when we correct your misstatements, lies, and half-truths. And when we do, you act like a young child who - to put it as kindly as I can - missed his nap time. Which then goes on to create a lot of work (and no little stress) for the staff members.

I really don't understand why you do it. We have had the occasional "reject" from the forum known as "RiU" after they managed to get themselves banned from there. Which wouldn't have been an easy thing to accomplish, lol, because they'll ignore any number of insults, even to staff members - but they seem to seriously frown on someone willfully and repeatedly spreading misinformation. Which is something that - even though that forum isn't exactly my cup of tea - I find to be admirable about it. Anyway, even the refugees from "mayhem central" eventually calmed down, straightened up, and began contributing, for the most part.

I get mocked and bullied by those who dont understand.

Not at all! The act of correcting your statements is NOT "mocking and bullying." You should know this; it appears to be pretty evident that you've required "a bit" of correction in your life..

It is correct and proper to use wire of the appropriate gauge (etc.) for the load it carries and for its length. Anything thicker than that is simply a waste of resources, and needlessly adds to the expense of a product. You should know this - and probably do, if you have any kind of real understanding at all of that which you "speak" of, but I cannot honestly even guess as to whether that happens to be the case, considering some of the statements you have made here.

Most folks can disprove your "blanket statements" without even trying. But most does not equate to all. What I mean is that there is a very real possibility that at least some newbies (and even a few who are not so new) might end up believing you, were we to simply allow your statements to stand unchallenged.

And after doing some research

Perhaps you should begin doing the research before making statements about which you have little knowledge. Life would then become easier - for all of us.

If people did their own research they wouldnt be here.

As many people are here because they wish to "do research" about cannabis, that particular statement is patently nonsensical. The fact that the list of those statements of yours that are grows regularly does not appear to bother you in the slightest. Which is somewhat surprising, considering your past actions here. Because, sometimes, "when you hear laughter, they actually are laughing at you instead of with you," so to speak. And, since you get so upset/etc. when someone does something as kind as correct you, well...

We have noticed that this is a recognizable pattern of behavior for you. Make easily disproven statements, get seventeen different kinds of upset/mad when you are corrected, and then act like you are being persecuted, declare that you are going to add someone to your ignore list, and report posts to the staff. Which just ends up causing extra work for them, getting your posts deleted, too, and forces the staff member to take the time to write an apologetic message to the other person explaining why he decided it was in the best interests of everyone to just delete everyone's messages.

Doesn't this kind of thing get embarrassing for you?

Speaking of ignore lists, the only reason you are not on mine (and, I suspect, others') is because, if I put you on it, I wouldn't be able to see some of the stuff you post and attempt to do some damage control. However, just from the amount of direct messages I have gotten about you, I would be willing to bet that your user name already sits on more people's ignore lists here than any other member who is not currently banned from the forum (and, possibly, even the ones who have been banned).

I find myself at a loss as to what your actual motivation is. Unless it's that you just like to start arguments and stir the shit.

Oh, and in case you were wondering: The reason I decided to remove your "male cannabis plants do not produce flowers" quote from my .SIG wasn't that I was asked to; not a single staff member did so, even though the majority of them probably saw it, since - for a time - it appeared on most of my nearly 15,000 posts. It was a combination of me feeling sorry for you and it becoming tiresome responding to the people who thought it was funny and/or wanted to know if you really had made that statement. Plus, Teddy was kind enough to remove the post that you had made it in, and I had been hoping that your behavior here would improve.

I sincerely wish it would.

Back
Top Bottom