Looking like a hermi?

Laszlo

Noticed this just the other day while taking photos of the buds. Looks like a male pod.
DSC_1736.jpeg

sneekymofo

I’m not sure about ‘unusual’ - I think they can technically pop up anywhere a flower can sprout, but yes it does make it look weird. Try googling ‘hermaphodite marijuana flowering’ and look at the various pics and I would imagine you’ll see your banana in that bunch. Definitely confirm before you cull, and please cull responsibly - you’ve got fellow growers out there that can be affected by your pollen miles and mikes away. If you do confirm, sorry for the bad luck.

Phytoplankton

If that's the only pod, I'd just pull it off and keep a close eye for any more, and remove as necessary. You might get a few seeds, but that won't ruin your crop. Can't tell if you're growing indoors or outdoors. If you start getting a lot of male parts, then I'd cull it.

Laszlo

I'm growing outdoors. And sneekymofo is right. I don't want to polinate anyone else's plants. And like Phytoplakton suggests, probably just snip it off. I don't see any other pods at this time. Thanks for the responses.

MohaveCannasseur

If that's the only pod, I'd just pull it off and keep a close eye for any more, and remove as necessary. You might get a few seeds, but that won't ruin your crop. Can't tell if you're growing indoors or outdoors. If you start getting a lot of male parts, then I'd cull it.
I had an intersex plant my last grow, and it was only on a couple bottom branches. They sacs did open before I caught it. I only found 6 seeds in about 25 ounces. They were all found surrounding where the sacs were. Now, I’m not a long time grower, but I expected my crop to be seeded, not even close.

Top Bottom