Looks just aren't everything

Brett2theMax

I've been noticing with my years as an experience stoner that looks simply mean shit for the most part. Granted if it looks like complete dirt it probibly is, but I have a bag in front of me that looks ok, its sinsemillia but only 25 an 8th. Its for the most part indica, but for the price it is pretty damn good. It has a citrus aroma, some one might have had a lemon peal in the bag at one point but it still has good flavor, better than the 50s that taste like dryer sheets I get. I was just curious if any one else has found this? My cousin gets some stuff that looks like good ol' regs but the flavor is fantastic and a good clean high as well. Thoughts/comments?

The clubs here have such premium choices for smoke it's hard to go wrong, but for me, the stronger the smell, the better the high.:smokin:

Peace and happiness:peace:

Brett, right on. I used to believe looks meant everything, and in some cases they do: seedy, thin leaves, lots of stems....obviously, those are the looks of crappy weed. But I've smoked some outdoor weed that looked like crap that knocked me on my ass, so now I judge more by smell, texture (Sticky = GOOD), and taste. Of course, patient reviews also help sway my decision making ;-) Outdoor strains have never looked as pretty as indoor grown, but in my experience, has always been much more potent than the dense nugs I buy that hve been indoor grown.
-PM

Personally, I think there are many things that go into an attractive looking and smoking bud.

1. Aroma - Can be a good indicator, but sometimes even the stinkiest bud can be outpowered by a good strain or an expert cure, and sometimes the odor is added with a peel, or something else.

2. Flower 2 Leaf - To me, this is one of the most important factors in appearance. I love marijuana, it's a great flower, BUT I like smoking BUD, and leaves just don't do it for me, so if it's real leafy, can can indicate lower potency, just percentage wise, as there is less *BUD* per puff.

3. Trichomes - Those little shiny bundles of joy we all love to see on our weed. Now this isn't the all knowing factor of life, by any means, but if your bud has a ton of crystals, it's probably pretty potent, or at least potent for *THAT* particular strain.

4. Age - You can't always tell how old bud is just by looking at it, but you can always pinch one of the smaller nugs and if it begins to crumble, then you might have some over-aged bud. And a really good cure can often make some bud retain it's potency for a goodly amount of time.

I'm sure I forgot something, for now.

Definetly, if it looks like dirt weed, it probaly is but try is first .... I got some bud a while back from a town i dont normaly go to. Looked like ok bud, nothing special ... Had a hint smell of skunk, smoke some and a little while later bam .. fuckin stoned off my ass ... Once the weed started buring it just smelled like straight skunk.

I have come accross a couple of strains of plants that seem really similar...

A, I came accross this stuff in amsterdam, I'm pretty cabbaged right now and my brain is functioning on this... hang on we were smoking double zero (zero zero) in Amsterdam and that is possibly what your smoking does it... creep up gradual onto you? does it taste alittle mild whilst also having a slight bitter after taste? and it smells of citrus?

B, Was it the grapefruit strain... I think its name is pink grapefruit or may-be just plain "grapefruit"

Please don't think I'm insaine I really do have a small clue

Yeah I agree, Brett. The last bud I smoked last week was the best looking I ever smoked. Purple, crystally, smelled incredible, just downright beautiful bud, but my highs weren't that great. Didn't last long, and made me tired as shit. Still great bud, just not everything I expected based on its appearance. Maybe I was spoiled by the appearance.

I've seen stuff that looked bad, but had a great smell. I'm gonna agree that the better the smell the better the weed.

the proof is in the puffing... is it not?

I hear you Brett, I've always thought like that.. I've been surprised on many occasions by some pretty dank bud that looked dark green almost brown.. I usually get fresh bright green and reddish lookin' nugsm but this dark ganja was rockin'.

just recently i was buying some haze off a friend and he said he had some nickles too. So i was like let me see it, seemed like it was good for 5 so i took it. I noticed it looked what i remember exactly like and had some faint smell of this "grapefruit" i had gotten off someone at 25 a gram..what i thought was banginn, couldve possibly been the same as the 2 of the nickles i got..just sat in grapefruit peels or something. idk though.

Looks don't mean a whole lot, IMO. I go more by smell and how sticky it is. I've had some ok looking, low-priced stuff blow my head off compared to some 20/gram stuff I've smoked before.

we were smoking double zero (zero zero) in Amsterdam
Hell yeah, I got myself a long ass 5 gram stick of that when I was there last time. I plan to get another one when I'm there in a fwe months :) I have not run into it's equal at the clubs yet. I even bought some hash muffins made out of them. Man of man was I messed up for my flight home when I unpacked my special snack on the plane.
-PM

Back
Top Bottom